Just started-Any 50s out there?

Options

Replies

• TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Just turned 50 in April. I love this site, it has helped me more then I ever would have imagined. Welcome and good luck.
  • HMM163
    HMM163 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi I am 63 so you can add me as a friend. I been on for 6 months.
  • linray51
    linray51 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 61, also started the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred CD yesterday along with Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds and feel great today. Exercise seems to diminish aches and pains. Good luck and I hope to lose 25 lbs. and get into good shape.
  • dinovino_59
    dinovino_59 Posts: 1,700
    Options
    53 tomorrow.....friend me if you would like...I am always willing to keep helping and motivating!
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I'm 57, and when I first came here, I put out feelers to find friends who were roughly my age. Over time, I have added friends of various ages who matched my interests, sense of humor, eating style, etc. Please keep an open mind about friendships here. I think you will find many people who relate to you really well, no matter their ages. Good health and fitness is a universal value.

Please friend me if you like.
  • cashartle
    cashartle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am almost 54. Years ago a member of WW. After thryoid and other health problems, I find that Paleo,high fat, mod protein (low carb) works best for me. I track calories and just had a health coach recommend adding 200 because I am at a weight loss stall. I exercise 5 days per week (2-3 each of strength training or cardio depending on the week) I try to do yoga twice a week but my instructor is on a summer vacation so I am on my own with fitness DVDs. Don't let age be a deterrent in your own head. I lift more weight than the younger chicks at the gym, but it took hard work to get there!
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hi there and welcome you will do well on here as we all motivate and support eachother and thats why this site works so good luck and feel free to add me and see how I have done I have been on here for about a year and has worked for me and not I supports others who want to get to there goal weight
  • bhaktinstella
    bhaktinstella Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    so glad you made it here, it really works! i decided last June to stop being obese (32 BMI) and i have only 5 more pounds to go for a 'normal weight and BMI" i weigh 146 right now and LOVE it !!! i am turning 52 this year and tho it took me longer than most folks on this site (39 pounds took me 7 months) i feel it was a healthy way and the pounds are STAYING OFF which is the best thing EVER. be determined, and enter every morsel into MFP. you will do great!
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome and I am glad you found MFP. I love it here and am a much better MFP friend by far than I am on Facebook! Here most people are after the same goal - to be more fit.

I just turned 56 and have only been on MFP since the end of April. I have lost very little weight but as I learned how to eat better, got focused on being consistent with working out, and added lifting heavy weights I have seen a real change in my body composition.

I think because I am so short (5'0") and need to lose 10 pounds or so I had to find what worked for me vs someone with a greater amount of weight to lose. This means my weight loss is pretty slow and different than if someone has 50 pounds to lose. I focus on fat %, less on the scale, and learned I needed to eat more to fuel my body and do anything with the weight.

I checked out your profile and can't tell your weight goals. Take a look at my profile and feel free to add me if you think I can be a help to you.

Also, on my profile are a lot of people in their 50's with whom you may want to connect.

In any event, good luck on your journey. This is a great community. There is a lot of support and opportunity to learn here.
  • PennyLorraine
    PennyLorraine Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am in my 50's too.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    5 months to half a century!!!..lol... u can add me if u like.. i've been here since last March 2011. great place to be!!!
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 (well, most of me is anyway; the left hip implant is 13 years old,the right 3 years, so I average about 23 years).

My wife is in her higher 50's.

And my experience using MFP has been outstanding.
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 51 and have been using MFP since March this year. I think it is a great weight loss/fitness tool and I love the motivation and support from my MFP friends.
  • NanaDino4
    NanaDino4 Posts: 63
    Options
    I am 50 also and any other fellow 50's people like to befriend me feel free to do so :) there are days I really need encouragement :) and I will return the favor....
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and am currently maintaining my weight loss. If there is any way that I can help or encourage you, just send me a message. I don't generally comment on individual friend's posts (because I have way too many to be able to do that), but I do make the effort to answer messages - at least within a few days! LOL

Congrats and a heartfelt Whoot-Whoot to you mamasyd.

I am 52, in maintenance also. I feel the same way. Messages are much easier to respond to for me because I can't get to the computer everyday and do miss a lot of whats going on. Feel free to add me if you want anyways.

All my best,
    Mary
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and have been here for just over a year. Love the site and the great support from friends! Feel free to add me if you want more 50+ friends :-)
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    hi there feel free to add for support
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I turn 50 in April and I am determined to be at my goal weight by then. Feel free to add me.
  • britborn52
    britborn52 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'm 59 and struggling to lose. Would love to receive and give support! Have a great day!
  • TRIPLESEC
    TRIPLESEC Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm 64, is that too old? If not, we can support each other on this journey!