Just started-Any 50s out there?

Options

Replies

• likasulema
    likasulema Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hi fellow sleever & 50+

I am 58, and like you all - age - day by day only makes us better and better, but also smaller and smaller.

i have been on the VSG board now for 6+ month, just recently "trying" to understand MFP.

DH helped me upload my picture, so that was one step succeeded.

Would love to get help from anyone on how to use board better. thanx

for now - 58 yrs young and proud of it

kathy
  • dinaeubanks12
    Options
    I just started last week and I will turn the big 50 in August. I am hoping to lose about 80 pounds and make the 50s the best years yet! First week I lost 6 pounds...just 74 to go! Let's do this together! I will support you as long as it takes...obviously I'm going to be here awhile! :)
  • derrickshunny
    derrickshunny Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a 50! That is, I'm a 50 in years, not spirit! I've been on here for about 2mo. I have loved it! I will send you a request to add.
  • Cindi60
    Cindi60 Posts: 1
    Options
    52 years old this year. This is a great application/tool to use. I particularly like the bar code reader when I am grocery shopping or have something in the fridge that I want to add, etc. I've got a long way to go to meet my personal goal, but feel VERY confident that I've adjusted my life significantly over the last 6 months (reduced major job stress) to enable me to make this healthy lifestyle shift change. I hope everyone feels as motivated as I do, and if not, it looks like we have a terrific support network here on this blog spot.
  • pus53
    pus53 Posts: 2
    Options
    hi my name is liz i have just came back on mfp i have to losde 10lb for my sones wedding on 12th august so i would love to support each other on this sight
    x
  • pus53
    pus53 Posts: 2
    Options
    well done cindi on your 9lb loss that is great keep up the god work honey.....liz x
  • thinteacher
    Options
    I just started last week, my daughter actually got me going on the site. I am a former WW member & have also done TOPS. I REALLY love MFP & wonder are there any others in their 50s who would like to help each other?

Would love to have you as support also....
  • thinteacher
    Options
    Would love to have you as support.
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. 54 here
  • cartow
    cartow Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just turned 55 today--friend me!
    I walk my dog and bike and am working on the 30-day shred right now.
    You'll like this site.
  • Aehisme
    Aehisme Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi there.

I'm 52 and loving every minute of MFP. Infact I may have to start a MFP anonimous at this rate Lol. Please feel free to add me as a friend. (you can never have too many friends)
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    54 here , I walk, ride a bike, doing 30DS currently and anything else I need to do to lose the weight. Feel Free to add me also.
  • blspen
    blspen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello All,
    I am a 54 old teacher who wants to shape up! My goal is to be able to move a size down by the start of school this fall. I would love to have friends to support me and in turn I can support them! We can all meet our goals with support!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Welcome !

Hope you like it on MFP ...... I'm doing this for about 2 months & lost a few pounds already ...... good stuff ...... I'm 60 by the way ...... although in my head I'm still 20 :laugh:

There are lots of us slightly older folks here, let's help each other !
  • Sarmarc
    Sarmarc Posts: 5
    Options
    I am 65 and attempting to achieve success although new to this website. Best wishes
  • mazie61
    mazie61 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'll be double nickels this Tuesday! (Yikes!) I love MFP site, I have been on regularly since Nov '11. Love this site, I've lost 18lbs which isn't alot, but for me...I probably would be even higher than my start weight by now. I have knee issues and have been increasing my walking little by little :)
  • nehiera
    nehiera Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hello i'am in my 50s and wondering the same thing! its seems like a lot of 20s and 30s and even 40s but not many 50s.i have been on a yo yo with my weight for the last year.I had a Transplant and wasnt very active for about a year and now under dr.orders i need to lose 25 to 30 pds.Its been very hard, I will do good and lose 7 or 8 pds but then gain it right back. Any sugestions... anyone!!!
  • bobemmer
    bobemmer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Turned 58 this week - i like the idea of being responsible for and to myself but having a support network to help - when i was in my 20's and 30's i did know how to ask for help!
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I turned 59 three weeks ago. I have a few MFP friends close to my age, but would love to have a larger support system. I've really been using the site since April and have lost another 15 pounds since joining. I've come down from 262 to 228 over a two year period of time, in spite of not being able to exercise until recently (knee problems). I'm active on the site every day and love to have friends who actually interact with me. If anyone is interested, please send a friend request and mention that you found my profile on this forum. :happy:
  • AJ292
    AJ292 Posts: 6
    Options
    hello and welcome I'm 51 feel free to add me...