Fat Clothes - Toss or Pack Away?

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• DawnMarieMomofTwo
    DawnMarieMomofTwo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I personally have donated most of my "fat" clothes i still have a few but thats because i cant afford to buy all new right now, so i just use a belt but i personally think its best to get rid of the old so i dont have any excuses and i can never go back!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't toss them, but I wouldn't keep them either. If they are nice work clothes, put an ad on Craig's list and sell them. Use the money for a new outfit or two. There are plenty of working women in those sizes who would love to buy gently used work clothes!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Donate to a women's shelter. Let someone less fortunate enjoy your digs, you don't want to fit in to them EVER AGAIN!!

Or this ^^
  • Stary714
    Stary714 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Excuses! But if you feel bad about throwing away too big clothes that you spent a lot of money on you could sell them! Or trade for some cute clothes that fit you! :)
  • Stronger12
    Options
    Have what you love tailored and donate the rest. Do not keep a safety net. Plus if you would be some unfortunate reason gain the weight back, they will be out of style. Set your sel free and celebrate those write offs you donate!!
  • michellevine1
    michellevine1 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Great question - I actually just packed a HUGE bag of clothes up that are far too big. Very empowering doing that. I definitly want them out of the house and would prefer to donate them to someone who could use them but will likely wind up donating them to a goodwill or the like so someone could use them. Feels GREAT to be able to fit into SMALLER clothes. Much better feeling than holding onto stuff that I no longer want to see, let alone wear again! :)
  • AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    Options
    Keep one pair of pants only as a reminder of how far you're come! Donate the rest .... Do not keep! You will NOT need them! :-)
  • katest89
    katest89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sell on e-bay, get money in your paypal account and go online shopping :)
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    DONATE!!
    If it's not there you should have no excuse to fall back! No reminders of what was!
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I want fat clothes OUT OF MY LIFE!
    In this journey, I went through 3 major wardrobe changes. If we keep these fat clothes, we are planning weight gain.
    Burn them ALL or give them to Good Will.
    Leave yourself NOTHING to fall back on.

^^^^This I have gone down six sizes and cleaned my closet and drawers out four times now. Get rid of the clothes or have the best ones tailored to your size. It gave me a feeling of freedom when I removed the clothes from my house. Hard to explain.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I think packing away anything one size up from what you are now would be a good idea in case you gain a few pounds in the future. I think any thing more than one size up should be sold, given away or donated so that you have more space in your home.
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I've literally destroyed the biggest pair of pants I owned, three sizes bigger than I wear now. Like, I took a pair of scissors and ripped them to shreds. It was therapeutic, letting go of the fat person I was and vowing to never get back there again. The rest I've packed up and donated to the homeless shelter.
  • Julyfly70
    Julyfly70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about this. I've decided to donate mine. I decided that to rationalize keeping them was my subconsious telling me I would fail.

So out they go!