Fat Clothes - Toss or Pack Away?

Options

Replies

• Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    The only reason to keep fat clothes is you plan on getting fat again.
    Oh well.....:drinker:
  • Lini1989
    Lini1989 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    sell them on ebay and use the money to buy new clothes that fit! :)
  • my3doxiesandme
    Options
    I just got rid of all of mine. I gave them to two friends who needed them. When I lost weight the last time, I kept them. This time I am getting rid of all of them.
  • Sopsongbird
    Sopsongbird Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Pick your favorites that you dont want to live without, find a taylor and have them altered to your new size. Donate the rest and enjoy building your new closet for your new body.

This is a wonderful idea!!! Since you are not severly under the sizes of the clothes, a tailor can take them in and you can wear them again! Congrats on the weight loss!
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I wish there was some kind of 'swap shop' for people loosing weight, you know for those intermediate dress sizes before you reach your goal weight.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    I gave all mine away when I lost weight before and the only reason I need them now is because I let myself go when I got Preggers and after. I will keep them this time, ONLY because I am looking to have another baby after I get my body healthy again but that is the ONLY reason! IF it werent for that, I would chuck them all again!!!
  • chargers8709
    chargers8709 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I would donate the clothes. You need
    to mentally make the commitment of never
    being that size again.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Donate!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I wish there was some kind of 'swap shop' for people loosing weight, you know for those intermediate dress sizes before you reach your goal weight.

That would be great, those are the hardest sizes to find. And unlike some thrift stores, there would need to be a dressing room, darn it! I don't get some of these stores that expect you to go in, eyeball the clothes, and walk out with them.
  • josiecowboy69
    Options
    I'm going to go thru my closet this weekend. I plan on keeping one pair of jeans and one shirt(that I wore often). Just for a before and after pic or reference. The rest are going to a shelter or trash. I say get rid of them.
  • tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I cut all the sleeves off of my old shirts and wear them for Ultimate/Football/Band and use the sleeves as headbands to catch the sweat while I'm working ^_^
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Before kids I was a 4, afterwards a 12, now a 4 again. So i a large range of sizes. I was originally keeping them all as I spent alot of money on those clothes but decided if I am ever that size again due to age/health I will probably not like those clothes as it will probably be when I am a lot older. So i got rid of the 8's, 10's, & 12's. I only kept a couple all time favorite outfits. I did keep the 6's though. I am a girl after all and us girls get bloated (I gain about 8lbs of water wgt for 1wk a month, that can make your clothes tight!!) certain times of the month that way I still have something that wont be tight to wear for that week if I need it. LOL!!!
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I was ever-so-grateful that my Sister-in-Law saved hers when she lost weight - I benefited completely not having to buy new wardrobes when I lost weight. That being said: No one was in a weight loss journey when I was getting rid of clothes, I saved them to look at (In a pile in my room) as a "Don't go back there" visual for a loooooong time - then I gave them to charity. It was very freeing! However, I kinda wish I saved the best pieces and took them to be altered... which is exactly what I am doing with a few of my new pieces of clothes that are already too big - again!!!
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options

THAT. Is a REALLY good idea!
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'd like to take some of my clothes to a tailor and have them altered... the rest are going to charity.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    There are places out there giving clothes to those who start new jobs but don't have the money to purchase new clothing in order to start work. Plus think about giving to your local womans shelter, some woman have to leave with only the clothing on their backs. These types of organizations really appreciate the clothing.
  • lyfurlong
    lyfurlong Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I got rid of all mine. I felt by keeping them was giving me permission to gain it back and I refuse to do that!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Toss 'em! Or give them to a fat friend. :-) I actually gave a lot of mine to a friend that really needed them. It made me feel good to help someone I know.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I suggest option 3: Make a quilt
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Donate them to Dress for Success or some other organization that provides professional clothes for underprivelaged women. That way your body and your heart and healthier :)