Fat Clothes - Toss or Pack Away?

Options

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I donate everything to the Red Cross. Maybe keep 1 pair of pants to remind yourself where you used to be!
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Get rid of them! The really nice ones, give them to a charity that will benefit women trying to get back in the workforce. There are shelters that help abused women get back on their feet and they need nice professional clothing. Not only will you be helping them, but you'll help yourself knowing you helped another woman help herself. If you don't want to do that, then have them altered. If you are saving them for a rainy day, then you are already sabotaging yourself into putting that lost weight back on.
  • colpol1
    colpol1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I would get rid of everything but one, and then use that one item as a reminder of how much I hated being that size..and too show me how far I have come!
    Giving them to charity would be a nice idea, or you could sell them on Ebay ect..
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Having lost your weight you deserve new clothes! However, if you love some of them I would get them altered so you can keep them. Well done and I hope you do get to goal weight x
  • Nelliebird1430
    Options
    Give them away!! Keeping them just gives you an excuse to gain weight! Good for you, move forward!! :)
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    Toss those babies!!!! Sell them and use the money to buy new :smile:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I have spent a lot on those clothes and I will probably fit in those sizes someday as I get older.

does not compute

Why would you fit into those sizes as you get older?...unless you plan to let yourself go...I'm getting older and I'm not planning on gaining a bunch of weight just because.
    I guess if I was just on a diet I might keep my old clothes, since diets usually are only temporary. But if I was making a permanent lifestyle change, I'd get rid of the clothes - donate, whatever. When you achieve that point where you are "old enough" to fit back in those clothes, will they even be in style anymore? Keeping them around seems counter-productive to me.
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My plan is to take anything that I absolutely love, and can't part with, to be tailored so they'll fit (I have one beautiful suit that definitely fits that category and probably a couple of other things). Anything else is getting bagged up and donated. One of the local department stores does a "Goodwill Sale" every season, so the next one will probably be in about a month. For every item of clothing you donate, you get a coupon for a 20% discount off of a single item. Great way to donate and then save money on the new clothes!!
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Why would you throw something away that someone who needs it could use? Really? Don't be selfish; donate them.
  • CynthiaMayela
    Options
    garage sale time... so you would get a new wardrobe... never think you'll be fat anymore
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Pick your favorites that you dont want to live without, find a taylor and have them altered to your new size. Donate the rest and enjoy building your new closet for your new body.

Great idea! And you can also take some clothes to a consignments center or do a garage sale if you want to make some money.

Congratulations on your weight loss!!
  • Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I saved my skinny clothes. Now that I can fit in them, they are ridiculously out of style. Most if them were really nice work clothes too.
  • mama4six
    mama4six Posts: 2
    Options
    Pick your favorites that you dont want to live without, find a taylor and have them altered to your new size. Donate the rest and enjoy building your new closet for your new body.

I like this idea. Either way, get rid of. You will not be needing them again. Well done :wink:
  • kenoragrrl
    Options
    Donate donate donate! Keeping them is like giving yourself an excuse to put the weight back on in the future!
  • LindsayE007
    LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Give away! I kept a lot of my "heavier" clothes because between kids I wore them as I was getting back down to my normal weight. Now that I am done having kids I will never go back to those sizes so there is no point in keeping them. If you keep them around it will make it easier to deal with weight creeping back on. Which you don't want!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I would keep the 8s and donate the rest. Sometimes you're just going to be a little bloated, kwim?

I donated mine to Goodwill :)
  • tizzie_14
    tizzie_14 Posts: 72
    Options
    Donate!!!
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    TOSS THEM (your never going to be that size again anyways!!!)....I donated a few bags to our local resale store where I know they'll be put to good use a month ago :)
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Consignment store?
  • prkross
    prkross Posts: 2
    Options
    There are a lot of people needing these clothes. I would give them away if I were you. This will bless somone else. A church thrift store or Goodwill is a suggestion.:smile: