Dairy Queen!

Options
They have a mini blizzard for 400 calories. For some that may be excessive, but I think it is great for the price of 2.96 and for it being one of the most delicious ice creams EVER for only 400 calories

Replies

• savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    can eat a lot of healthy food for 400 calories...to me its an utter waste of calories
  • mgram2
    mgram2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Ahh not worth it for me. I'd much rather eat 400 calories of even more delicious food!
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    can eat a lot of healthy food for 400 calories...to me its an utter waste of calories

I guess it comes down to what someone thinks is a waste of calories. If I have 5 bowls of salad and spend only 30 calories...I may be under my goal but I may not be satisfied..
  • lovemy4boys79
    lovemy4boys79 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    mcdonalds ice cream cone is only 150 if your wanting a sweet treat:smile:
  • hem8787
    hem8787 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    musicmint- your profile picture cracks me up! I'm not a fan of Dairy Queen. I'm more of a frozen yogurt person. It's nice that they have a "mini" size now, but 400 calories is not worth it to me. I'd rather have 400 calories worth of cheesecake, pizza, etc.
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I like ice cream, but soooooo not worth it.
  • Seahawks909
    Options
    Their mini billzard is not even half a scoop of ice cream...its such a waste..just think to yourself it would take about 45 minutes to burn that 2-3oz ice cream off.
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    ouch mini blizzardX400 sounds like a MEGA gym effort later..
  • musicmint
    Options
    musicmint- your profile picture cracks me up! I'm not a fan of Dairy Queen. I'm more of a frozen yogurt person. It's nice that they have a "mini" size now, but 400 calories is not worth it to me. I'd rather have 400 calories worth of cheesecake, pizza, etc.

Ok I'll give that to you for sure frozen yogurt is healthier...yes on a healthy note it is not the best choice. Which is why you get it like once a year! haha
  • musicmint
    Options
    Their mini billzard is not even half a scoop of ice cream...its such a waste..just think to yourself it would take about 45 minutes to burn that 2-3oz ice cream off.

yeah but what if you run 2 1/2 miles in the morning and then walk around during work for 8 hours! That would burn off pretty quick
  • mgram2
    mgram2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero - an entire pint for 150 calories.
    The chocolate flavor tastes like legit chocolate ice cream to me!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    DQ is great(def. love a dipped cone or a frozen hot chocolate!) but I am so into the Fro-Yo places right now!

Red Mango, Menchies, Berry Yo and Yogurt land all have me as a frequent flyer.. and as long as it fits in my calories, I am good to go!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    As an occasional treat that can be worked into your daily allotment, I see no problem with it. :)
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    If you're absolutely craving Dairy Queen, then yes, it's a better choice that their other menu options! Depends on your calorie allotment and your taste buds. Not everyone is satisfied with health food 24/7!
  • musicmint
    Options
    DQ is great(def. love a dipped cone or a frozen hot chocolate!) but I am so into the Fro-Yo places right now!

Red Mango, Menchies, Berry Yo and Yogurt land all have me as a frequent flyer.. and as long as it fits in my calories, I am good to go!
    Thank you! I agree if it fits in your calories...you could like go the whole day eating really low cal stuff like salads and then treat yourself at night!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    When they say mini they aren't joking!! They have some cones there that are like 280 I think and like someone said earlier mcdonalds' sundaes are pretty low! Whatever floats your boat of course but I'd rather not have one bite for 400 cals lol
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options

I guess it comes down to what someone thinks is a waste of calories. If I have 5 bowls of salad and spend only 30 calories...I may be under my goal but I may not be satisfied..

I guess maybe some of us it comes down to we actually want to live longer and healthier not lose some weight for 6 months to regain it. Ill take the 5 bowls of salad any day over the ice cream why you say...well one i love it, 2 it is what my body needs not some sugary concocksion that does nothing for my body. Ive changed my life style so these no longer fit in my calories period why? because id rather have greek yogurt, apple, banana or heck peanut butter over something like this because my body gets something from them.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    DQ is one of those treats I get when I'm not counting calories :)
  • musicmint
    Options
    If you're absolutely craving Dairy Queen, then yes, it's a better choice that their other menu options! Depends on your calorie allotment and your taste buds. Not everyone is satisfied with health food 24/7!

Yeah sadly...I wish I was!! haha
  • musicmint
    Options

I guess maybe some of us it comes down to we actually want to live longer and healthier not lose some weight for 6 months to regain it. Ill take the 5 bowls of salad any day over the ice cream why you say...well one i love it, 2 it is what my body needs not some sugary concocksion that does nothing for my body. Ive changed my life style so these no longer fit in my calories period why? because id rather have greek yogurt, apple, banana or heck peanut butter over something like this because my body gets something from them.

I understand where you are coming from I dont mean eating this every day I mean it like a treat. You are correct when you say it does nothing for your body