Dairy Queen!

Options

Replies

• Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    can eat a lot of healthy food for 400 calories...to me its an utter waste of calories

I guess it comes down to what someone thinks is a waste of calories. If I have 5 bowls of salad and spend only 30 calories...I may be under my goal but I may not be satisfied..

I guess maybe some of us it comes down to we actually want to live longer and healthier not lose some weight for 6 months to regain it. Ill take the 5 bowls of salad any day over the ice cream why you say...well one i love it, 2 it is what my body needs not some sugary concocksion that does nothing for my body. Ive changed my life style so these no longer fit in my calories period why? because id rather have greek yogurt, apple, banana or heck peanut butter over something like this because my body gets something from them.

I've changed my lifestyle, lost 30 pounds, 6 sizes and have maintained it for 7 months.. while eating chocolate or ice cream or some treat everyday. So clearly, I have done something right.

So take your hoiler then thou attitude and go peddle it somewhere else. All your doing is making yourself look silly.

I agree with this.

I'm not changing my diet completely for health. And no one should have to. What works for one person may not work for another. And we have significant enough genetic differences that someone can be at the peak of health with Dairy Queen in their lives while others cannot. But what bothers me is the judgement that is going on here. This is the reason so many people fail - because others have high expectations that cannot be met, or are telling them that they "can't" have Dairy Queen.

Now I'm going to go wait for my imminent early death because I eat Taco Bell for lunch once a week. :noway:
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    can eat a lot of healthy food for 400 calories...to me its an utter waste of calories

I guess it comes down to what someone thinks is a waste of calories. If I have 5 bowls of salad and spend only 30 calories...I may be under my goal but I may not be satisfied..

I guess maybe some of us it comes down to we actually want to live longer and healthier not lose some weight for 6 months to regain it. Ill take the 5 bowls of salad any day over the ice cream why you say...well one i love it, 2 it is what my body needs not some sugary concocksion that does nothing for my body. Ive changed my life style so these no longer fit in my calories period why? because id rather have greek yogurt, apple, banana or heck peanut butter over something like this because my body gets something from them.

I've changed my lifestyle, lost 30 pounds, 6 sizes and have maintained it for 7 months.. while eating chocolate or ice cream or some treat everyday. So clearly, I have done something right.

So take your hoiler then thou attitude and go peddle it somewhere else. All your doing is making yourself look silly.

Look silly because im pointing out that these things arent needed in the body? oh okay that makes sense.....Did i say you can eat these and still lose weight no i dont think i did.....What im saying is if you cut them out entirely or close to it you get better results, and a healthier body and their is no arguing that.

Good for you ive lost 47 your point? ive lost 7 pant sizes do you require a metal? I didnt anywhere state anything about weight loss i said the crap is not needed in your body and that you cant dissagree

um, its "medal" not "metal" and i think she does deserve one!!
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    to me, if you are under your calories.. and you ultimately eat healthy (you arent eating only DQ ice cream for all your calories!) then why not?? Heck, i have beer on weekends sometimes, and other things like candy bars, ect.. but im ALWAYS under calories, and if you check out my diary, i eat very healthy! So whats the big deal?
    Whats the big deal....Well do you need to eat that stuff? What does it do for your body other then tax it and fill it with processed crap and sugar....If you eat VERY healty like you claim then you would know that candy and chocolate bars are unneeded and senseless.... for a chocolate bar you could almost have another meal common its common sense. Eating heatly doesnt mean just come up under your goal plain and simple its about making smart choices.

It makes sense if I was someone who just had a gastric bypass and needed to learn self control...but for some common sense is having a good balance. Sugar is not processed that was created by God too by the way :P

Well we could argue the god thing but thats a whole nother ball game......Sure sugar is natural but your trying to tell me that god wanted us to make twinkies, snickers, mars bars and stuff like that to eat,,,common. I agree a treat once and a while is fine but sugar is an addicting substance and really refined sugar isnt good for the body no matter where they got the starting product from. All im saying is the usa wouldnt be in a state of obesity if these products werent created, sold by the millions and eaten like they are not bad for you.

I agree if it is addicting step away from it and learn self control. God allows things there are things He wants for example everyone to repent and not perish in hell but He gives us the freedom to choose just like the freedom you have to choose whether or not you're gonna go to Dairy Queen in the future! lol which is clear that you wont haha But that is an honorable thing: honor your body by being healthy and exercising. I'm sure God is pleased with that
  • willia123
    willia123 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I hate DQ. It tastes fake and waxy to me. But, if you love it and want to treat yourself once in a while, go for it! I'd rather splurge on a serving of chips and guacamole :) that's my treat food!
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    According to the 2011 DQ Treat U.S. Nutrition Guide most "Mini Blizzards" are around 200 calories. Their words not mine. I am a diabetic and do not do have it every day. I must admit it is a very good treat when I want to be bad. lol
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Good grief. There's nothing wrong with treating yourself to DQ once in a while, especially if you're counting it in your daily calorie goal. Moderation and not depriving yourself is the key to long lasting success.

You said it Ms. Patti!
  • falewis
    falewis Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm a fan of DQ, but, normally choose the small chocolate dipped cone for a sweet treat. However, hitting the calorie goal is the goal, I don't say 'no' to dessert, but, I've lost the weight I've lost due to saying 'no' to between meal snacking.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority, but I think 400 calories is perfectly reasonable for an ice cream indulgence!

I lost all my weight (and then some) while still eating pizza, cupcakes, burgers, alcohol, etc (and not even the 'light' or diet versions). I've been on maintenance since February (though I still seem to be losing about .25 pounds a week on average). My TDEE is typically around 2400-2600 calories a day. Believe me... if I have room (calories/macros) for something like a Blizzard, I'm going to order it and enjoy every last bite. :-)

OP - my favorite Blizzard to order is the Mint Oreo Mini!
  • musicmint
    Options
    Good grief. There's nothing wrong with treating yourself to DQ once in a while, especially if you're counting it in your daily calorie goal. Moderation and not depriving yourself is the key to long lasting success.

Thats my name too thought you were talking to me hahahaha

You said it Ms. Patti!
  • BSBgirl337
    BSBgirl337 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am totally with the original poster. I love Dairy Queen, and we don't have on in my town. We are finally getting one, and I am so excited! It opens in July, and as long as I hit my goal by then, I am having a blizzard on my birthday in August, and I am going to love every single delicious bite of it!!!

I think the posters insulting people for eating ice cream are defeating the purpose. We are supposed to be here to help each other. And if you are honestly eating 5 bowls of salads every time you crave ice cream, I don't think you're ever satisfying your cravings, and I think everyone should enjoy a treat every once in awhile!!
  • musicmint
    Options
    And I lost 5 pounds in one month! haha not anything impressive but thats with exercise and ZERO starvation
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options

^Right there ^
  • musicmint
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority, but I think 400 calories is perfectly reasonable for an ice cream indulgence!

I lost all my weight (and then some) while still eating pizza, cupcakes, burgers, alcohol, etc (and not even the 'light' or diet versions). I've been on maintenance since February (though I still seem to be losing about .25 pounds a week on average). My TDEE is typically around 2400-2600 calories a day. Believe me... if I have room (calories/macros) for something like a Blizzard, I'm going to order it and enjoy every last bite. :-)

OMG ME TOO!!! thats what I had tonight hahaha
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

Couldn't have said it better. It is one thing to come into a topic and state your own preference, but another entirely to put yourself on a pedestal and basically patronise anyone who doesn't eat 100% clean, 100% of the time. Incidentally, a lot of trainers have a cheat meal or day once a week :)
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    We can discuss God and free will in another thread if you'd like.
  • lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with having a blizzard once in a while... they also have a fudge bar that's it 45 calories.. i have that sometimes..
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options

Absolutely, there's nothing wrong with a treat if it fits into your calorie allowance ... or even if it doesn't! Just don't splurge all the time. As a vegan, I have to admit I REALLY miss going to DQ and getting a cone of vanilla soft serve dipped in chocolate.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options

Why are you and I not friends? :-)

I figured I'd add my favorite - midnight truffle. Followed by Georgia Mud Fudge. Num.

But still, peanut buster parfait pretty much always wins if I'm going all the way. ;-)
  • csalter61
    csalter61 Posts: 13
    Options
    may be as a special treat once in a while...
  • medwards89
    medwards89 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've been known to snag a mini-blizzard here and there myself ;) I've heard several experts suggest planning ONE cheat meal per week. I don't do that. I dont really have a cheat meal every month...so to me, if I "need" a blizzard and the little mini fits into my calorie allotment..pff, "Yes Please"