Dairy Queen!

Options

Replies

• Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    to me, if you are under your calories.. and you ultimately eat healthy (you arent eating only DQ ice cream for all your calories!) then why not?? Heck, i have beer on weekends sometimes, and other things like candy bars, ect.. but im ALWAYS under calories, and if you check out my diary, i eat very healthy! So whats the big deal?
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Their mini billzard is not even half a scoop of ice cream...its such a waste..just think to yourself it would take about 45 minutes to burn that 2-3oz ice cream off.

yeah but what if you run 2 1/2 miles in the morning and then walk around during work for 8 hours! That would burn off pretty quick

ha yah but if you took this serious and wanted to be fit and trim then you would realize that if you did the cardio like that and didnt eat that crap you would burn body fat, not just crap you keep eating.
  • Heather_Rider
    Options
    can eat a lot of healthy food for 400 calories...to me its an utter waste of calories

I guess it comes down to what someone thinks is a waste of calories. If I have 5 bowls of salad and spend only 30 calories...I may be under my goal but I may not be satisfied..

I guess maybe some of us it comes down to we actually want to live longer and healthier not lose some weight for 6 months to regain it. Ill take the 5 bowls of salad any day over the ice cream why you say...well one i love it, 2 it is what my body needs not some sugary concocksion that does nothing for my body. Ive changed my life style so these no longer fit in my calories period why? because id rather have greek yogurt, apple, banana or heck peanut butter over something like this because my body gets something from them.

but you cant stop living.. you are setting yourself up for failure if you do....
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Love Dairy Queen. Love a vanilla cone dipped in chocolate, hot fudge sundae or a oreo cookie/cookie dough/m&m/marshmellow/or reese cup blizzard. oh so yummy. I rarely ever have DQ though. I don't have much of a sweet tooth.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    can eat a lot of healthy food for 400 calories...to me its an utter waste of calories

I guess it comes down to what someone thinks is a waste of calories. If I have 5 bowls of salad and spend only 30 calories...I may be under my goal but I may not be satisfied..

I guess maybe some of us it comes down to we actually want to live longer and healthier not lose some weight for 6 months to regain it. Ill take the 5 bowls of salad any day over the ice cream why you say...well one i love it, 2 it is what my body needs not some sugary concocksion that does nothing for my body. Ive changed my life style so these no longer fit in my calories period why? because id rather have greek yogurt, apple, banana or heck peanut butter over something like this because my body gets something from them.

I've changed my lifestyle, lost 30 pounds, 6 sizes and have maintained it for 7 months.. while eating chocolate or ice cream or some treat everyday. So clearly, I have done something right.

So take your hoiler then thou attitude and go peddle it somewhere else. All your doing is making yourself look silly.
  • savageman69
    Options
    to me, if you are under your calories.. and you ultimately eat healthy (you arent eating only DQ ice cream for all your calories!) then why not?? Heck, i have beer on weekends sometimes, and other things like candy bars, ect.. but im ALWAYS under calories, and if you check out my diary, i eat very healthy! So whats the big deal?
    Whats the big deal....Well do you need to eat that stuff? What does it do for your body other then tax it and fill it with processed crap and sugar....If you eat VERY healty like you claim then you would know that candy and chocolate bars are unneeded and senseless.... for a chocolate bar you could almost have another meal common its common sense. Eating heatly doesnt mean just come up under your goal plain and simple its about making smart choices.
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options

I guess the big deal to some people is for some it is this intense fear of gaining weight so anything sweet or anything pleasurable and not healthy will ultimately make them unhappy. In the end it is what you make of it. If you are miserable with sticking to just salads and fruits and whole wheat, etc...stop obsessing, be patient, and make mistakes and learn from them. Thats why this is called a LIFESTYLE. For some zero treats is too much at once...I would not want that my whole life. There's also a balance
  • musicmint
    Options

I've changed my lifestyle, lost 30 pounds, 6 sizes and have maintained it for 7 months.. while eating chocolate or ice cream or some treat everyday. So clearly, I have done something right.

So take your hoiler then thou attitude and go peddle it somewhere else. All your doing is making yourself look silly.

I agree definitely it is what you make of it. There is no diet set in stone and it is a lifestyle whatever you eat in the long run
  • musicmint
    Options
    Whats the big deal....Well do you need to eat that stuff? What does it do for your body other then tax it and fill it with processed crap and sugar....If you eat VERY healty like you claim then you would know that candy and chocolate bars are unneeded and senseless.... for a chocolate bar you could almost have another meal common its common sense. Eating heatly doesnt mean just come up under your goal plain and simple its about making smart choices.

It makes sense if I was someone who just had a gastric bypass and needed to learn self control...but for some common sense is having a good balance. Sugar is not processed that was created by God too by the way :P
  • savageman69
    Options

Look silly because im pointing out that these things arent needed in the body? oh okay that makes sense.....Did i say you can eat these and still lose weight no i dont think i did.....What im saying is if you cut them out entirely or close to it you get better results, and a healthier body and their is no arguing that.

Good for you ive lost 47 your point? ive lost 7 pant sizes do you require a metal? I didnt anywhere state anything about weight loss i said the crap is not needed in your body and that you cant dissagree
  • musicmint
    Options

Look silly because im pointing out that these things arent needed in the body? oh okay that makes sense.....Did i say you can eat these and still lose weight no i dont think i did.....What im saying is if you cut them out entirely or close to it you get better results, and a healthier body and their is no arguing that.

Good for you ive lost 47 your point? ive lost 7 pant sizes do you require a metal? I didnt anywhere state anything about weight loss i said the crap is not needed in your body and that you cant dissagree

That is true it is not needed. Very true
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I like their dilly bars and ice cream cones, much lower in calories than their blizzards. :)
  • savageman69
    Options

It makes sense if I was someone who just had a gastric bypass and needed to learn self control...but for some common sense is having a good balance. Sugar is not processed that was created by God too by the way :P

Well we could argue the god thing but thats a whole nother ball game......Sure sugar is natural but your trying to tell me that god wanted us to make twinkies, snickers, mars bars and stuff like that to eat,,,common. I agree a treat once and a while is fine but sugar is an addicting substance and really refined sugar isnt good for the body no matter where they got the starting product from. All im saying is the usa wouldnt be in a state of obesity if these products werent created, sold by the millions and eaten like they are not bad for you.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    sounds delicious!!!! I love me some ice cream..... but 400 calories is a third of my "allowed" calories. When I want ice cream I go for Skinny Cow - a lot of variety (ice cream sandwiches, cones, bars, etc) and tastes AWESOME!!!!!!!!.... oh and is under 150 calories every time.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    mcdonalds ice cream cone is only 150 if your wanting a sweet treat:smile:

This. They are right next to each other in my town, and I usually end up at McDonald's because it's fewer calories, it's cheaper, and I prefer their cones. But, if going for a blizzard, I just end up with a peanut buster parfait instead. I'm weak. :-)
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Good grief. There's nothing wrong with treating yourself to DQ once in a while, especially if you're counting it in your daily calorie goal. Moderation and not depriving yourself is the key to long lasting success.
  • Heather_Rider
    Options

smart isnt coming on here acting like a saint. so stop. no one is perfect, and if perfect is you, then i certaintly dont want any part of it...
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    indeed.
  • stephelan
    stephelan Posts: 81
    Options
    Good grief. There's nothing wrong with treating yourself to DQ once in a while, especially if you're counting it in your daily calorie goal. Moderation and not depriving yourself is the key to long lasting success.
    My thoughts exactly. If I never ate ice cream again, I'd be miserable.
  • love4ransom
    love4ransom Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten at a Dairy Queen in almost 2 years. So I'd indulge one time :)