Dairy Queen!

Options

Replies

• musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    We can discuss God and free will in another thread if you'd like.

Sure! I like talking about Him and telling about Him to people so maybe your right another thread would be smarter
  • musicmint
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority, but I think 400 calories is perfectly reasonable for an ice cream indulgence!

I lost all my weight (and then some) while still eating pizza, cupcakes, burgers, alcohol, etc (and not even the 'light' or diet versions). I've been on maintenance since February (though I still seem to be losing about .25 pounds a week on average). My TDEE is typically around 2400-2600 calories a day. Believe me... if I have room (calories/macros) for something like a Blizzard, I'm going to order it and enjoy every last bite. :-)

OP - my favorite Blizzard to order is the Mint Oreo Mini!

Why are you and I not friends? :-)

I figured I'd add my favorite - midnight truffle. Followed by Georgia Mud Fudge. Num.

But still, peanut buster parfait pretty much always wins if I'm going all the way. ;-)

What in the world is a mignight truffle??
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    can eat a lot of healthy food for 400 calories...to me its an utter waste of calories

I guess it comes down to what someone thinks is a waste of calories. If I have 5 bowls of salad and spend only 30 calories...I may be under my goal but I may not be satisfied..

I guess maybe some of us it comes down to we actually want to live longer and healthier not lose some weight for 6 months to regain it. Ill take the 5 bowls of salad any day over the ice cream why you say...well one i love it, 2 it is what my body needs not some sugary concocksion that does nothing for my body. Ive changed my life style so these no longer fit in my calories period why? because id rather have greek yogurt, apple, banana or heck peanut butter over something like this because my body gets something from them.

huh. see, I still like to enjoy pleasures. food can be a pleasure. lighten up.

(I have ice cream most every night. lately have discovered blue bunny's no-sugar-added line, and it is awesome.)
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Their mini billzard is not even half a scoop of ice cream...its such a waste..just think to yourself it would take about 45 minutes to burn that 2-3oz ice cream off.

yeah but what if you run 2 1/2 miles in the morning and then walk around during work for 8 hours! That would burn off pretty quick

ha yah but if you took this serious and wanted to be fit and trim then you would realize that if you did the cardio like that and didnt eat that crap you would burn body fat, not just crap you keep eating.

Really, just because someone eats unhealthy food occassionally doesn't mean they are not serious about their health. It doesnt have to be all or nothing. Eac ndividual has to find what works for them. Implying that they aren't as dedicated or serious as you is simply unsupportive and kind of self rightous.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority, but I think 400 calories is perfectly reasonable for an ice cream indulgence!

I lost all my weight (and then some) while still eating pizza, cupcakes, burgers, alcohol, etc (and not even the 'light' or diet versions). I've been on maintenance since February (though I still seem to be losing about .25 pounds a week on average). My TDEE is typically around 2400-2600 calories a day. Believe me... if I have room (calories/macros) for something like a Blizzard, I'm going to order it and enjoy every last bite. :-)

I figured I'd add my favorite - midnight truffle. Followed by Georgia Mud Fudge. Num.

But still, peanut buster parfait pretty much always wins if I'm going all the way. ;-)

How do you not know about midnight truffle?! Go to DQ *immediately* and discover for yourself! It's awesome - and soooo chocolatey. :bigsmile:
  • MLR930
    MLR930 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with it as long as it's not a daily thing, If I had the calories left to go get one I would. I've had the mini blizzards and I think they are much bigger than one scoop. I've even put it back in the freezer and make a second serving out of it.
  • musicmint
    Options
    can eat a lot of healthy food for 400 calories...to me its an utter waste of calories

I guess it comes down to what someone thinks is a waste of calories. If I have 5 bowls of salad and spend only 30 calories...I may be under my goal but I may not be satisfied..

I guess maybe some of us it comes down to we actually want to live longer and healthier not lose some weight for 6 months to regain it. Ill take the 5 bowls of salad any day over the ice cream why you say...well one i love it, 2 it is what my body needs not some sugary concocksion that does nothing for my body. Ive changed my life style so these no longer fit in my calories period why? because id rather have greek yogurt, apple, banana or heck peanut butter over something like this because my body gets something from them.

huh. see, I still like to enjoy pleasures. food can be a pleasure. lighten up.

(I have ice cream most every night. lately have discovered blue bunny's no-sugar-added line, and it is awesome.)

LOL yeah lighten up yalz
  • musicmint
    Options

How do you not know about midnight truffle?! Go to DQ *immediately* and discover for yourself! It's awesome - and soooo chocolatey. :bigsmile:

can't do that because I JUST came from there lol and started a thread on how awesome it was and here we are! haa
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options

Yes, I agree..... or at least as soon as you can afford the calories. You will NOT regret it. LOVE that one. :-)
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    If I had a choice between a mini blizzard from DQ or a Mcflurry...

DQ would win. I haven't eaten there in so long. Maybe I'll get a blizzard this summer after a very long workout! They are damn good!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    299x223px-LL-52e196e1_lighten_up_francis.jpeg

:)
  • uncanny_sword
    Options
    If that's what you like and can work it in to your calories, go for it. =) I prefer Coldstone.
  • Beatlegirl66
    Beatlegirl66 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Eating Blizzards 2-3 times I week is what made me gain a LOT of weight in 2001-2003. But my goodness they are so good! Yum yum yum. I know they have the Mini size, but I typically go for the small. It doesn't cost too much more.

Anyhow...these days I only allow myself a Blizzard twice a year. Big change between twice a week I would say. Does it do my body good? Well....I know that it does my mental state good in that I am extremely happy when I am eating one.

I always make sure that I work out if I am eating a special treat like a Blizzard and do not eat too heavy of a dinner. I am counting down until the fall when the Brownie Batter Blizzard is out. That is my absolute favorite.

Maybe I will get a Mini instead of a Small come this fall.....
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    While I personally wouldn't go for the blizzard, I have stepped up on the exercise for the day so I could justify eating pizza and drinking beer, so...I completely know what you're talking about when it comes to indulging in delights.

I write this as I have just returned from going around the block a couple times...to justify having a double burger for dinner...instead of the single I would have had if I didn't get in the extra walking.

:smile:
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    If that's what you like and can work it in to your calories, go for it. =) I prefer Coldstone.

Okay, this thread is not helpful. My husband and I sometimes on date nights go binge on sushi followed by Coldstone. (Which is 60 miles away!!!!!)

I think we are due for a date night, actually.......
  • musicmint
    Options

Are those sauconys??? Your pic there looks like those tell me if im right
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I love Rita's frozen custard cones... turtle cheesecake (extra caramel, nuts and chocolate), and fruit sundaes. Brownies. Chocolate chip cookies.

For now I am pretty strict and keep off them but when I get in the normal weight range i will rotate them in my diet like one of these ever two weeks or something. At DQ, I love their Strawberry CheeseQuakes. No idea how many cals, I'm sure a lot! I do prefer ColdStone's Birthday Cake Remix! MMM MMM MMM
  • musicmint
    Options
    Eating Blizzards 2-3 times I week is what made me gain a LOT of weight in 2001-2003. But my goodness they are so good! Yum yum yum. I know they have the Mini size, but I typically go for the small. It doesn't cost too much more.

Anyhow...these days I only allow myself a Blizzard twice a year. Big change between twice a week I would say. Does it do my body good? Well....I know that it does my mental state good in that I am extremely happy when I am eating one.

I always make sure that I work out if I am eating a special treat like a Blizzard and do not eat too heavy of a dinner. I am counting down until the fall when the Brownie Batter Blizzard is out. That is my absolute favorite.

Maybe I will get a Mini instead of a Small come this fall.....

Thanks for the input I'll keep that in mind. yes I agree they are alittle too good XD
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have an insatiable sweet tooth. One morning my dad brought in cinnamon buns and I ate two and a half. It amounted to about 700 calories. My gosh. That was a sickening day later, but so worth it! If you stay in your calorie goal, and don't just eat three blizzards a day for days on end, you're fine! The body is smarter than you give it credit for - it can handle a little ice cream. :)
  • LCBinGA
    LCBinGA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    They have a mini blizzard for 400 calories. For some that may be excessive, but I think it is great for the price of 2.96 and for it being one of the most delicious ice creams EVER for only 400 calories

DQ Peanut Buster Parfait - 31 grams of protein (hey that's a good thing), 725 calories (yeah, well that's not)......but awesome once in a great while!

like most have been saying it's all in how you want to spend your cals......today my splurge was birthday BBQ lunch, had it, savored it, enjoyed it, loved it, and compensated on other ends of the day calorie and exercise wise....

keep up the fantastic work! i too love the pic! looks like pup wasn't invited to enjoy the mini blizzard!