5'8" Ladies? Weight goal?

Options
hey everyone :)

I've been an MFP member for a while now, and used it successfully last year to drop from 164 down to 140.
I was happy there for a while (and still am for the most part) but would like to know if anyone here has any suggestions for how far I should take this? I know every person is different, but just wanted a little input on what any other 5'8" ladies' goals are!
Thank you and good luck to everyone! <3

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 5'7.5":) My current goal is 20%bf, which with my current lean mass, puts me around 168.
  • lialuck13
    lialuck13 Posts: 58
    Options
    awesome! I hadn't thought about calculating it by BF%, thanks for the tip :)
  • jennakrysteen
    Options
    well I am alittle over 5'7 but I have alot to lose. I am aiming for 160. I have a large frame though. Once I get there I will have to see if I would want to get under that.
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My goal is 160 as well. My highest weight ever was 336, which was several years ago, and now 302 (10lbs lost since end of may). I feel like 160 is my limit, but I've never been that small, so I'll see when I get there. :)
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm an inch shorter than you but I'm shooting for 135-140. Or wherever I'm happy with how I look :) I don't have much to lose really, just wanna get to the point where more of the muscle I've been building is visible.
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My goal is also 160, on a large frame. When I get there, who knows? perhaps I'll keep going!
  • SolarLibra
    SolarLibra Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    5'7.5 - 145
  • AshleyMack0
    Options
    I am 5'8 and i'd like to get back to 170lbs. Thats what i weighed before i gained all of this weight and i was very comfortable with it. :)
  • MrsRando
    MrsRando Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 150, but I will evaluate once I'm there to see if I need to lose anymore.
  • akurtz102
    akurtz102 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5" and I got to 138 at my lowest. The only time I was lower than that was when I was sick with a digestive disorder and it was not pretty. Now, I stay focused between that and 142 and focus more on my body fat. As you said, everyone's different. If your body is comfortable, then don't stress and keep up the hard work!
  • beautifullyblessed16
    beautifullyblessed16 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7.5 (but always round up to 5'8). I am currently 160.8 but my goal weight is 135 but if I look like a muscular/toned 140, I will take it! My profile picture is me at 140 before I was pregnant...my inspiration picture.
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    170, I have a large frame and when I get much lower than that I look weird. 8 lbs. to go!
  • Gingeeee
    Gingeeee Posts: 28
    Options
    Here is what I was told, I am 5'8" tall and at my best I was 145lbs which was perfect for me. I gained quite abit of wieght over the last years and of course I am alot older. My goal weight right now is 160lbs which looks good on me.
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My initial goal is 200 since I have So far to go, but once there, I would like to be between 150-180 ideally so I think once at 200 I will base it on how I feel the weight looks on me and where I feel comfortable with myself and how I "wear" the remaining weight.
  • CoryBe
    CoryBe Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and am currently shooting for a 145 post-baby body. I'll likely set a new goal once I get there. I'm small framed and weighed 120-125 through college and about 130 before my first pregnancy. Would love to be a more toned/muscular 140. My body has never really known what a muscle looked like so that might be good on me. :) We'll see!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    165 now, just had my body fat taken so im not going to worry about the scale, but another 2% down is my goal
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and a half and my goal is 140
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5" - small frame - want to get back down to 140.
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and 120. Very small frame and have maintained for almost a year
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am happy when I am anywhere between 130-140 lbs.
    5'7" 3/4