5'8" Ladies? Weight goal?

Options

Replies

• kristeneVI
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and at 200 lbs right now. I'm a large framed, athletically built person so between 170-175 is ideal for me. I joined MFP about a month ago but have not been consistent in recording my information, I'm back today and fully encouraged.
  • Samanthajane1984
    Options
    I am 5'8 and at my heaviest I was 164. I currently fluctuate between 140 and 145 and am also very fit. I lift at least 4 days, run 3 mornings of a "work week" and do cardio before and after every workout. I have been doing all of this for over 2 years now (minus the morning runs...that is new as of 2 weeks ago) and the lowest my actual weight has gotten so far is 138. I don't focus as much on weight anymore but am happiest when I am at 140 and I really have to focus on what I eat to stay there...and I love food! Regardless...with all of that I am and always have been in bigger sizes of jeans...maybe if I didn't refuse to quit shopping in the juniors section it would be a different story but a girls gotta look cute!! ;-) Good luck to all of you, you all seem to have very realistic goals! It doesn't happen overnight but with the right amount of motivation and dedication we can accomplish anything!!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    HI you should check out Dr. Pam Peeke's Body for Life for Women. She talks about BF composition. It really is about that and not so much the no. on the scale. Because as we get older, women tend to lose muscle mass and increase in fat mass. If you are working out regularly, weight training a min. of 3x a week and doing some cardio, then you're in the right zone. Good luck!

thank you for this
  • vegasmari
    vegasmari Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and a medium frame with an hourglass shape. Most of my weight is in my thigh's, then butt, then mid-section
    I started at 160 and my goal is 135, which would put me roughly at a size 6 or 8 I think. I haven't been there in forever!!
    My daily calorie allowance is 1300 based on the data input. What's yours?
  • serena391
    serena391 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I am 5'8" and currently weigh 197. My heaviest was 250 little over a year ago. My goal is to be 160 - 170 and toned. I also large framed. In high school I was 150 and size 5-7. Of course after 4 kids and almost 40 I don't expect to go back to weight but a size 10 would be awesome.
  • hddeuce1966
    hddeuce1966 Posts: 104
    Options
    I am 5'8" and my goal is 145. I have a large frame and am pretty muscular naturally, not from working out. At 145 I look great in a bikini and wear a 4-6. At 142 my hip bones stick out too far to be attractive. I would be happy at 150.
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    hey everyone :)

I've been an MFP member for a while now, and used it successfully last year to drop from 164 down to 140.
    I was happy there for a while (and still am for the most part) but would like to know if anyone here has any suggestions for how far I should take this? I know every person is different, but just wanted a little input on what any other 5'8" ladies' goals are!
    Thank you and good luck to everyone! <3

ok im 5/8 my hight was 168 (biggest ive ever been ) my Low 118 (way to thin) I want to be around 130-135 .. It sounds like you have had GREAT results would love to hear some tips.
  • FitFi74
    FitFi74 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 138lb - would like another 4lb off!
  • chloebruce85
    Options
    My goal is 150, and Im 5'7, maybe 5'8 :) 150 sounds big to some people....but 150 for me would be a great size!
  • lisbeth75
    lisbeth75 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 5ft 8, currently 21l lbs and I have 63lbs to go :-(
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and at my lightest (eating disorder) I was 107 lbs, at my highest I was 140ish. Now 140 can be totally healthy for our height, but I got to it thanks to the beer fridge at work and no exercise so in my case it wasn't.

I'm currently 120 and my goal isn't a specific weight, although I suspect I'll increase. I want to drop my body fat to 12% or so and put on a fair bit of lean muscle (think Zuzana from BodyRock) so I can kick *kitten* in adventure races.
  • lialuck13
    lialuck13 Posts: 58
    Options
    Thank you all so much for all of the responses! I really appreciate it :) I think I'll just work on toning up some more since it seems like I'm at a decent place now!
    Thanks again <3
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7.5", and my goal is a muscular, very trim 135-140 lbs. Possibly lower, if I ever get into fitness competitions.

Ideal weight should be about more than just height, though. Are you aiming for a more muscular body? Do you want to keep a bit more padding? What body type are you, predominantly? I myself am fairly mesomorphic. I have a very muscular bum and legs, strong arms, and a small waist and torso in general. If you are more of an ectomorph, you might be more comfortable on the lower end of the healthy range. Posting a full body photo or two would help to better determine your body type, and make appropriate suggestions.
  • britneyy32
    britneyy32 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is about 113 and I'm 125 right now. I know that weight seems very low but I have a very small frame and I know that's still a healthy weight for me. I still have excess fat and flab right now at my current weight... and that's why I'm trying to lose 10 - 12 lbs so I can loose that excess fat I have on me so I can get toned and build muscle and not have fat covering it.
  • nyemu
    nyemu Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm currently 147 but trying to get down to 138 good luck everyone :flowerforyou:
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 9 and CW 157 would like to be 140, but I'm not sure how realistic that would be. I'm aiming for 25% BF currently 29% BF.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8" and currently 161, I think I want to get down to 148, but I'm not sure. I'll see what the next 5-10 pounds looks and feels like.
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and went from 170 after 5 kids, and am currently 145, I still ave a lot of fat in midsection and butt and thighs, would love to lose about 10 lb more. I weigh about the same as I Did 15 years ago at my wedding, but am not as fit as i was then, due to 5 kids, and look much heavier though same weight so weight isn't the only factor....
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and I have a very large frame. My goal weight for now is between 170 - 180. I recently changed my GW from 150 lbs which is probably much too low for my height and frame.
  • lives21
    lives21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'8'' and my goal weight has always been 150. It wasn't until I started going to the gym that I even considered I could be under that and most importantly be fit (yay!). Currently I'm trying to hit my goal, and I'll reevaluate when I'm there. You sound like you're there though, so you might want to look at your fitness goals and see if you are hitting those. Also are you happy with the way you look and feel at your goal weight? Losing weight is all about being happy and healthy. If you're not, I think you have your answer. Good luck!