5'8" Ladies? Weight goal?

Options

Replies

• meganb616
    meganb616 Posts: 15
    Options
    I am 5'7 and my goal weight is 143 although I don't know if that will be where i am comfortable since i haven't been at that weight since I was like 14! lol
  • captawesome
    captawesome Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5 and I'm aiming for 147 but ideally would love to get to 143. I have a med-large frame.
  • KristenBru
    KristenBru Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal is to go from 167 to 160. I'd love to break into the 150's, but I don't think that would be a healthy weight for me!
  • Eifersucht
    Eifersucht Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm 5' 7 3/4" so close enough, right? =) My current goal is 135-140. I'm at 143 currently. I have always had an apple shape and after pregnancy and a nasty set of stretch marks, my stomach left a lot to be desired. I have never had a flat stomach, even when I was in the Army and doing hours of PT every day. Now that I'm getting closer to it, I'm focusing more on what my body looks like than the numbers on the scale. I feel better about myself, but I know that I'm going to have to burn some more fat to get the stomach I have always wanted. I made myself a promise about a year ago that I wasn't going to turn 30 feeling like a flabby lump. Well, I'm a little less than two weeks away from the big birthday and feeling pretty good about where I am right now. =) The way I see it right now, I don't think I could go much less than 130 without looking sick. We'll see how things progress as I'm able to increase the intensity of my workouts, but I think I'll be pretty happy at 135.
  • jamiealdridge02
    jamiealdridge02 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and have been anywhere between 140 and 170. I feel at this point (age 31 and 3 children later), I look best between 140-145. Right now I'm at 143.5, I feel really good at this weight! Before I had children, especially in college when I played soccer, I maintained a weight of between 155-160 and looked really good. I've just found a lower weight looks better on me with the, ahem, shifts from pregnancy. Good luck. I would say if you can maintain your weight by eating well, but still enjoying the occassional treat or meal out, then it is a good weight for you!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and have been in top shape before (rowing team in college). I know my weight is perfect at 138-140. I am of medium build. So that puts me at about 20% bodyfat.
  • LisaD1021
    LisaD1021 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I'm aiming at 180 right now. I'd love to get to 150-160, but I'm setting realistic goals.
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    5'8 here, my goal is 155-160.
  • Ondreacrandall
    Ondreacrandall Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9'' and my goal weight is 150. I have a medium frame. I was once down to 138 and was constantly told that I needed to gain some weight. I'll be happy between 145 and 150.
  • tripletmom2004
    tripletmom2004 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and I am aiming for 155.
  • chikkenlikken
    chikkenlikken Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    5'8" and aiming for 135-140
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.75". My goal is 150lbs.
  • twilight_princess
    twilight_princess Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5'8" and my initial goal was 155lbs, I'm about 165 now (started at 245) but still have a large stomach and think I need to lose around 20-30lbs until I get the lean and toned physique I want.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7, my goal is 135. Add me if you want. We will do this together
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My goal is also 160, on a large frame. When I get there, who knows? perhaps I'll keep going!

Ditto
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" I'm at 142 on maintenance.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm 59 and currently weigh 150.. started out at 180.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    whenever i read threads for the taller ladies, i always think my goal is unrealistic.

i am 5'10, and my goal is 135.

the reason for this is i literally carry a huge proprotion of my weight in my upper thighs, hips, butt, and abdomen.

i wear a LARGE size pants...and at 5'10, 145 lbs, i am not ready to be shopping in a plus size store. i also know that have this fat around my stomach, i can take hold of a huge part of it every time i sit down, is not healthy and can lead to diabetes and other things. i also have developed clear fat deposits, cellulite, on my butt!

i am excited to get down to 135, and to fit into a size 7 pant again. right now i squeeze into a size 9.
  • Edy123
    Edy123 Posts: 1
    Options
    HI you should check out Dr. Pam Peeke's Body for Life for Women. She talks about BF composition. It really is about that and not so much the no. on the scale. Because as we get older, women tend to lose muscle mass and increase in fat mass. If you are working out regularly, weight training a min. of 3x a week and doing some cardio, then you're in the right zone. Good luck!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I am glad to see everyone has realistic goals for themselves - good for you all for knowing your body type and what's appropriate. I thought I needed to be 115 lbs at one point in my life but that was not a healthy weight on my frame! Being aware of what's realistic for yourself is so important :)