5'8" Ladies? Weight goal?

Options

Replies

• gilljeffers2004
    gilljeffers2004 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and started at 142lbs. I'm now down to 138 but would like to reach 132 ideally...
  • gilljeffers2004
    gilljeffers2004 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My calorie intake is 1200 too. Struggle on most days but it's made me realise how much rubbish I was eating before
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    5'9" and my first goal is 140 (146 now). Prior to pregnancy I did make it down to 130 and was quite happy with it.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe how low some of everyone's goals are.. I'm 5'9 and my goal is 160. I really can't imagine begin as low as 130 something. I guess everyone is different. What's everyone's else's calorie intake? I've been set 1200 but then in other forums people are saying this is quite low!? I'm new on here so still finding my feet with my plan. Any suggestions welcome! Harri x

My goal is about 155lb, though it's more BF% now. I currently weigh 159lb. I eat 1800-2200 calories a day. I'm active, exercising 5-6 times a week for at least an hour.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe how low some of everyone's goals are.. I'm 5'9 and my goal is 160. I really can't imagine begin as low as 130 something. I guess everyone is different. What's everyone's else's calorie intake? I've been set 1200 but then in other forums people are saying this is quite low!? I'm new on here so still finding my feet with my plan. Any suggestions welcome! Harri x

Yeah I guess everyone is different because when I hit 162 (on the way up), I decided I needed to get serious about stopping the gain and losing. Maybe you're around a lot of bigger people rather than small, so that's why it might seem like the goals are so low?
    My goal intake is 1200 NET, but I don't stress over going over it once in a while.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and maintaining at 135 currently. I don't think I need to lose any more weight, I look pretty rockin' at this weight. If I get too thin, I start to look like the walking dead. :laugh:
  • dynamicdreamer
    Options
    Wow, everyone's goals are higher than mine. I'm 5'8" and my goal weight is 125. I've always been fat, so I don't know what I look like at a smaller size. I don't even know what type of frame I have--I'm guessing medium to large? I'll stop before I can see my bones!
  • youngdreamer
    youngdreamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 looking to be anywhere from 140-160lbs. Big range, I know.. But I suppose it ultimately comes down to where I feel most comfortable/happy.
  • kdv160
    kdv160 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal is 160. I look bony if I go below that. I've still got a long way to go to get back there...
  • focuseddiva
    focuseddiva Posts: 174 Member
    Options

I've been as low as 136. Looked TOO skinny. Bones sticking out. Bad.

145 was nice -- I liked how I looked but it was hard to maintain that.

150 sounds like a good goal. I'd be happy there -- probably a size 6-8. Which is a good size for me.

I'm 175 now -- not happy about how I look at all.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9". I currently weight 152. I would like to reach 145 then maintain a 145-149 range. I would estimate a medium frame.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and the healthy range for us is between 129lbs and 160lbs. I'm looking to be around 140lbs.

Though it depends when i get there. I'll probably be a bit heavier because i intend to build muscle.
  • grneyedgoddess77
    grneyedgoddess77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and aiming for 162 - 169. I have a large frame and used to have lots of muscle. Last time I was under 162, I was too skinny. I lost my butt and my curves and I don't want to do that again. I also would like more muscle this time so I don't really know where I will be at.
  • HMEllenberger
    Options
    I am 5'8.5" and based on my frame was shooting for 165. Anything lower than that and I look gaunt! Could not even imagine getting down to 140 like most of the comments on here. It must be about your frame, right? What is odd is if I do the wrist theory, I am small framed. But, I have never been able to stay in that weight range comfortably. I eat about 1200 calories everyday. I am 10 lbs away from my goal~ GOOD LUCK TO ALL :)
  • AmyWininger
    AmyWininger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, started at 178, and now am at 153. I still feel ridiculously fat, so, I'd love another 15 to 20 pounds gone. So, around 135 or so. :)
  • KatyAverill
    KatyAverill Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", started at 215 and now I weight 173.8. My goal is set for 135, but once I get closer to that I might change that to 130 or to somewhere in the 140s-it all really depends on how I look and feel once I'm closer to my goal. :smile:
  • Pumpkin1513
    Options
    I am currently in the mid to high 150's (prob about 155-157 at the moment).

I have been about 130lbs at my thinnest.

My goal is 125 lbs. But I would be happy also at 130.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    5'8 and no weight goal.... I don't care what my weight is as long as my body composition is where I want it :)
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8" curently 166 trying to get back to 145 then take it from there..
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", reached every goal I had set for myself and beyond, so now more interested in lowering body fat percentage.

Started at 162 lbs and a size 10/12, lowest weight was 133.4 lbs back in March of this year, and got there eating 1800-2000 cals a day, size dropped to 2/4 depending on brand.

Currently maintaining at around 2100 cals a day, weight fluctuates between 135-140 on a regular basis, but clothes fit the same, so no worries there. Kinda cruising through the holidays now, and will probably focus a little harder on lowering the body fat after New Years. :drinker:

Diary is open, story is on my profile, feel free to check it out if you want.