Tattoos. Curious

Options
12346»

Replies

• enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have one tattoo on my back, so I am a bad example. (Since I don't wear sleeveless dresses to work anyway). I work in a hospital, more specifically, mostly the ER.

However, I know a lot of people who work in the medical and/ or law enforcement/ EMT field with a lot of tattoos. In my hospital, they are very well accepted by the staff. A couple years back, upper management had everyone cover up, however, they don't anymore.

There are, in fact, doctors with visible tattoos. And one lady doctor with purple and blue hair. She is a really good doctor, too.

In my area (Salt Lake City, Utah, yes, Utah) tattoos are very well accepted. Especially for people working in my field/area.

My husband's best friend has sleeves on both arms and gets jobs easily. He mostly does physical labor.

And I have a girlfriend with a sleeve who works as a CNA and doesn't have a problem.

I do see your concern, though,even 5 years ago I thought that having tattoos etc would hinder my chances of finding jobs. But I don't think that's true in my area.
  • colonial96
    colonial96 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have a tribal cat on my right hip - I got it when I was 32 (I'm 34 now). I'm an accountant for a Defense Contractor, but mine is always covered, so I've not had a problem. I don't plan on wearing a bikini to work any time soon :)
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I got my first tattoo on my 18th birthday and next week, three days before my 19th, I will be going for my 7th :wink:

No problems with jobs and I have been working consistantly for 3 years :flowerforyou:
  • speednut
    speednut Posts: 82
    Options
    Tats are cool. Mine are on both of my biceps so they are easily hidden. I am in sales so I have to be careful not to offend anyone. Tats have become mainstream now with the younger people but not so cool with old farts my age.
    Sometimes I see younger people that make really poor choices on tattoos such as the old spider web on the neck or vulgar words tattoo'd on their hands.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I have 5 so far, all but one are hidden when I wear work clothes, the 5th is easily covered, but is so small most people don't notice it. So it didn't affect the interviewing process at all. As for how old they are, I got the first one when I was 18, then one at 19, two at 22, and one at 23. I love them all. :) Each has special meaning for me.