30ds starting Monday 9th July - join me!

Options
12346»

Replies

• nic632
    nic632 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've only done 30DS 4 times since started on 9th, there have been days when I've had absolutely no energy and just couldn't motivate myself to do it. Last night though, I forced myself and did enjoy it again - except when my cat decided to walk round my head when doing the sit ups, under my arms when doing the push ups (girlie ones, so was plenty of room) and through my legs when squating!

I'm still not in 'the zone' mentally and having to force myself to do any exercise, but one thing I noticed last night was that it seemed easier and as I haven't noticed any changes and have it in my diary that supposed to move up to level 2 tomorrow (my initial plan was to do it every day), I'm going to try that instead of doing the full 10 days of level 1 - maybe then I might start seeing some results like everyone else. Fingers crossed.
  • carieblack619
    carieblack619 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started 30ds today. How are you logging it in your exercise log?
  • nic632
    Options
    I've been advised to log it as circuit training.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I created an exercise. I Googled how many calories are burned, and it came up to 3.625 calories per pound/per hour. So take your weight, multiply by 3.625, and divide by 3 (for 20 minute sessions). I burn about 230-240 calories per session.
  • kristy3119
    kristy3119 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Today was day 9 of Level 1...so glad to get to Level 2. I am starting to really hate Jillian. And jumping jacks! I know there's some in every level, but Level 1 is just too many. Can't wait til Friday!
  • ATOLLIT
    ATOLLIT Posts: 149
    Options
    I am thinking about moving up to level 2 too. I did 6 days, had 2 planned rest days, and then I've only managed to find motivation for it once in the last 3 days! The exercises are getting easier, but more than that they're getting boring. Maybe trying level 2 will give me some more enthusiasm for it!
  • nic632
    Options
    I did level 2 for the first time today and really enjoyed it. Obviously it was harder than level 1, but still managed to complete it, though had to pause a few times when doing the jumping planks, but knowing that I was capable spurred me on. I agree with you that I think I got bored with level 1 which may be why only did 4 out of the 10 days.

Think I might've got myself back in the zone again. Yay!
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    day 9 level 2 day 7.

glad you found motivation coming to level 2! I'm planning on level 3 starting Monday. Totally lacked motivation but some how pulled myself out of bed to do it.
  • jcjsjones
    Options
    I did level 2 for the first time today and really enjoyed it. Obviously it was harder than level 1, but still managed to complete it, though had to pause a few times when doing the jumping planks, but knowing that I was capable spurred me on. I agree with you that I think I got bored with level 1 which may be why only did 4 out of the 10 days.

Think I might've got myself back in the zone again. Yay!

Jumping planks???? You're starting to scare me..lol!
  • nic632
    Options
    Oops sorry, it's plank jacks (legs like jumping jacks, but done in plank position) and there are plank twists (leg twists in plank position) - should I mention the plank squats as well? All good fun! ;o)

It's hard work, but you'll enjoy it - honest.
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    after a couple days off...

day 10 level 2 day 8

took all my will power to get up to do this today. I plan to stay at level 2 this week and move to level 3 on Monday.
  • ATOLLIT
    ATOLLIT Posts: 149
    Options
    My motivation has entirely fizzled out.... I think I've done it twice in the last week :ohwell:

Will try again in a couple of weeks time when I'm not trying to cram as much revision into my brain as possible in the next 2 days...
  • jcjsjones
    Options
    Just started level 2. It is harder than level 1, but doable. Had to stop a couple of times with some of the plank moves, but managed the rest.