Over 200 club BACK TO SCHOOL Week 3 (Open Group)

Options

Replies

• melisss
    Options
    ok here is my first weigh in:

SW:221
    CW:220 (yestdays weight)
    0.45%

I'm hoping to drop 3 lbs by next weigh in :smile:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    ok here is my first weigh in:

SW:221
    CW:220 (yestdays weight)
    0.45%

I'm hoping to drop 3 lbs by next weigh in :smile:

Great Job Melisss!!! 3 pounds is kind of a lot plan on 1-2 and be pleasantly surprised by 3. :flowerforyou:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    WOW jlb123! Great job on the big weight loss!

Momma2four: Thanks for all your support. I'm doing a lot better, but still sad sometimes:brokenheart:
    And HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

The scale wasn't too kind to me this week, I gained back the .9 that I lost last week ... but I'm not going to officially record it until tomorrow, because I kicked my butt at the Y this morning and I'm hoping it might show on the scale by tomorrow. I did an hour of body pump (weight lifting class), and then an unplanned hour of Turbo Kick - which I've been too intimidated to try before. It was a blast! I felt totally uncoordinated, and probably looked goofy some of the time ... but it was great exercise and I felt really good for pushing myself to do it! Yeah! :drinker:

I did well with my water yesterday, got back on track with exercising, and almost stayed under my calories.

Your welcome and you are going to have times of sadness. It will get better with time. You will always miss her though.

thanks for the birthday wishes. It is kind of the never ending birthday's around here our other daughter will be 8 on Sunday. My husband has 4 girls(me being 1) and 3 of us have birthdays this week. I always feel bad for my middle daughter because 3 of us are getting gifts and a lot of attention. So this year we got all the girls a wii including her and she was thrilled to get a present on our birthday. I am going to bed early tonight, hubby is working over time tomorrow to pay for that wii and I usually get up with him at 5 a.m. So see you all later
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't post yesterday guys but my weight loss for this week was only 2 pounds but I am happy with that.I have been replacing my breakfast with whey protein and trying to change my diet a bit.THe whey helps to curb my appetite and it also gives me a boost of energy.Thats why I have been working out so hard and so much.The whey protein is going to help me build lean muscle and burn off this nasty fat.So wish me luck.My doctor says this should help so we shall see.He said I won't always see a loss but not to worry even if I gain a bit because he said that would be my body turning the fat into muscle because of the protein.So I hope this works.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    awestfall, 2 pounds is a big loss. Great Job!!!

Team, Are we still doing biggest percentage of weight loss gets to pick challenge for the week? Just curious!! If that is the case jlb123 would be our biggest loser.

Hey Girls I was just throwing something out there. I realize that we are suppose to have weekly challenges picked by our biggest percentage of weight loss loser. ( Congrats jlb123 on your win this week:flowerforyou: ) But I was thinking about a couple of longer term goals that are actually very realistic. We do not want to set ourselves up for failure. Setting goals that we will be able to meet 1/2 pound -2 pounds per week, no more. We will use the holidays as our bench mark.

Goals:

Thanksgiving is 9 weeks and 5 days away. I would like to be down 15 pounds by then (50 pounds total)
    Christmas is 14 weeks away. I would like to be down 21 pounds by then (56 pounds total)
    New years day is 15 weeks away. I would like to be down 22 pounds (57 pounds total)

I plan to do this by increasing my cardio from 30-45 mins a day to 50-65 mins. each day.
    I plan to add more strength training. At least 2-3 days a week.
    I plan to keep my calories 1200-1400 each day, no matter how much exercise I have done.
    I plan to keep my "cheating" to a minimum. :embarassed: :blushing:

Now I hope you girls, will join me in this and share what your goals are and tell us how you plan to do this. I feel like we are making a commitment to each other by sharing. We are also giving each other ideas on how to succeed. I plan to share with you all weekly on how I am doing to meet these milestones. If I am sticking to the plan. If I have added the above mentioned things in order to get to my goals. Sorry I posted so much, but I just really wanted to motivate myself and you all.:heart:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Great goals, Momma2four!

Well, my Halloween goal is 250 and my Thanksgiving goal is 240, which are goals I set when I started last week. My January 1 goal is 230, which would make my total weight loss about 40 pounds since Labor Day.

I plan to do this by doing what I've been doing for the last 1.5 weeks. It seems to be working pretty well for me. :happy: What I did this past week was eat 1200-1400 calories/day, 30 minutes of cardio, 15 minutes of stretching, and 15 minutes of strength training every day. I up my cardio whenever I feel like I can. I also plan to try different forms of cardio. I've been using my stationary bike, but I plan to follow some aerobic programs on Exercise TV and get outside for a long brisk walk at least once every week.

If everyone still wants to do weekly challenges, I'd like to challenge us to try at least 2 new types of exercise this week.
    For me, I'm going to try Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and I'm going to start the 100 push-up challenge following the program at this website http://hundredpushups.com/ :drinker:
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    So I weigh in yesterday, and my scale said that i did not loose any weight...then weigh in today and the scale said I gained 7 pounds...i am sick of this. Should I invest in a digital scale...
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    So I weigh in yesterday, and my scale said that i did not loose any weight...then weigh in today and the scale said I gained 7 pounds...i am sick of this. Should I invest in a digital scale...
    I got mine for about $20 at Walmart. It's been consistent so far and I'm really glad I got it because my dial scale is crazy.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great idea to share our goals ... whatever we can do to commit and keep them in the front of our mind.

CW: 238 (at least as of Saturday AM ... I had a really bad calorie day yesterday, so who knows what the scale would say right now)
    My Halloween goal is 230 (25 pounds total lost)
    My Thanksgiving goal is 225 (30 pounds)
    My New Years goal is 220 (35 pounds)
    My Birthday goal for 3/1/10 is 200 (55 pounds)

I plan to do this by meeting or exceeding my exercise minutes goal of 380 each week (that includes 2 hours of strength training a week), staying between 1500-1700 calories and eating only limited exercise calories, drinking at least 64oz of water each day.

job123: Great challenge idea ... I'm going to try to make it to another turbo kick class this week (since I only did it for the first time last Friday, I'm going to count it as new), and I will find something else too.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Good Morning Girls, I am so glad to see that others have shared their goals. I did not make a Halloween goal so I think I will today.

7 pounds by Halloween 42 pounds total.

Thanksgiving is 9 weeks and 5 days away. I would like to be down 15 pounds by then (50 pounds total)
    Christmas is 14 weeks away. I would like to be down 21 pounds by then (56 pounds total)
    New years day is 15 weeks away. I would like to be down 22 pounds (57 pounds total)

I have started my day off well. I walked for 1 hour this morning. My husband made a commitment to start with me today. He would like to lose 25 pounds. We will be taking a walk or bike ride this evening when he gets home. (It is suppose to be 100* here today) So I am leaning for a later in the evening walk. We will see. I think this is going to help me get back to reaching my goals. It has been easy to get lazy when he is not doing anything with me. Not that he has to do anything this is my job to lose my weight. I just think it will be sooo much easier if he is motivating me to exercise more. When he and I were exercising in the evening and I was still doing my morning routine the weight was coming off quicker. I am very excited and I am so glad to see that you guys have set goals as well.
  • awestfall
    Options
    Good Morning Girls, I am so glad to see that others have shared their goals. I did not make a Halloween goal so I think I will today.

7 pounds by Halloween 42 pounds total.

I have started my day off well. I walked for 1 hour this morning. My husband made a commitment to start with me today. He would like to lose 25 pounds. We will be taking a walk or bike ride this evening when he gets home. (It is suppose to be 100* here today) So I am leaning for a later in the evening walk. We will see. I think this is going to help me get back to reaching my goals. It has been easy to get lazy when he is not doing anything with me. Not that he has to do anything this is my job to lose my weight. I just think it will be sooo much easier if he is motivating me to exercise more. When he and I were exercising in the evening and I was still doing my morning routine the weight was coming off quicker. I am very excited and I am so glad to see that you guys have set goals as well.
  • awestfall
    Options
    I am there with you Momma I would love to lose at least 23 more pounds by the end of the year.I really want to shed off another 40 before the end of the year but I am going to take what I can get.Lets challenge each other to lose another 5 -8 pounds before Halloween and then another 5-8 pounds before Thanskgiving and same for Christmas.Lets set some mini goals for ourselves.
  • lstpaul
    Options
    I am struggling this week with food :angry: ... I guess my strategy is going to be to exercise as much as I possibly can.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I am struggling this week with food :angry: ... I guess my strategy is going to be to exercise as much as I possibly can.

If you are struggling on the food issue, exercise will save you. I think this is a great idea.

I have been struggling with the food part on the weekends. I do great on the week days but I do damage on the weekends and my weight loss is starting to show that , 0 lost how many weeks in a row? I want some weight loss next week. This week I am trying harder but I had a bad weekend again so I am expecting 0 hoping for 1.

By the way it is nice to see you here today..... Good luck and exercise!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I am there with you Momma I would love to lose at least 23 more pounds by the end of the year.I really want to shed off another 40 before the end of the year but I am going to take what I can get.Lets challenge each other to lose another 5 -8 pounds before Halloween and then another 5-8 pounds before Thanskgiving and same for Christmas.Lets set some mini goals for ourselves.

Thanks awestfall, I knew I could count on you. Here are my mini goals.

Halloween down 7 pounds (42 pounds total. )

Thanksgiving down 15 pounds (50 pounds total)

New years day down 22 pounds (57 pounds total)
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Thanks Momma2four, it's good to be back. :flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    Options
    I am going to say yes invest in a digital sclae but also be aware that your scale can jump around throughout the day as much as 10 pounds.I didn't know this until I researched it.The thing is that you have to take into account how much sodium you ate for the day and also the water you drank and the food you ate it all weighs something.Give it till the beginning of the week and then see where your at on the scale.I am going to say its just fluids.(besides weren't you sick for awhile???)My digital scale has been going up for the past week and I have been staying under my cals and exercising and yesterday it said I was 4 pounds heavier but I think its just my body retaining fluids to get rid of the illness inside of me lol.I'm not worried it will fall right back off and so will yours.
  • awestfall
    Options

Thanks awestfall, I knew I could count on you. Here are my mini goals.

Halloween down 7 pounds (42 pounds total. )

Thanksgiving down 15 pounds (50 pounds total)

New years day down 22 pounds (57 pounds total)
    Well I guess you confirmed we are going to shed some major poundage before the new year arrives.LETS ROCK THIS FAT AWAY GIRL!! Anyone else care to join in come on lets do it.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    [/quote]
    Well I guess you confirmed we are going to shed some major poundage before the new year arrives.LETS ROCK THIS FAT AWAY GIRL!! Anyone else care to join in come on lets do it.
    [/quote]

I fully intend to start the New Year at 230. :glasses:

Roughly 250 for Halloween; 240 for Thanksgiving; 230 for 01/01/10. :drinker:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I am sooooo excited girls, we can do this. It seems like we are all feeling quite motivated again. People can't understand the struggles we go through knowing we have so much weight to lose. It is so great to have all of you who can actually relate with me and what I am trying to do. It has taken me 6 months to lose 35 pounds. I could have lost more in 6 months, but I go back to the struggle with food. I am slowley but surely conquering this struggle(I think) I know that if I did not have you guys, I would have never come this far. I am ready to kick this fat in the butt and say goodbye for good.