Over 200 club BACK TO SCHOOL Week 3 (Open Group)

Options

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I posted then I went to get dressed. Could not find anything to wear. Washing machine broke and I just got it fixed I am trying to get the childrens clothes first. Anyways when I started this journey I was in a tight 26 (in denial needing a 28) Anyways someone had weight loss surgery and gave me all their cute clothes. I have been wearing the 22 and 24's. Today, I thought I am going to try on the size 20' because all my pants are very lose. Guess what? I tried on 2 pairs of 20's and they fit......wow!! I have gone down 4 sizes/ I cannot believe that. I have been between a 24-26 for many years.. I am really excited..... Just thought I would share.

That's so awesome! :drinker: :happy:
    The past 6 months or so I have been in denial about needing a size 22 so I was down to like 4 pairs of work pants fitting well enough for me to zip up & button (they were so tight). Most of my nice clothes are size 16 from 4 years ago when I lost weight (the wrong way) and rewarded myself with a shopping spree. I can hardly wait to wear them. Some of them still have tags because I gained too much weight back before I even got a chance to wear them.

I've been really excited about all my 20s fitting me so well again. I was so uncomfortable stuffing myself into them.
  • trikstar
    Options
    I'm going to bow out of the group until I have more time to myself. Not stopping my progress. Esp now that I am no longer Obese!!! :D

But I just don't have the time. Keep up the good work, all!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    trik, we are going to miss you!!! But we will be here when you get back:flowerforyou:

thanks girls for the support.... I am really excited about my pants. It is like I just got 5 new pairs of pants. When you are a momma to 4 children. Clothing for yourself is at the bottom of the list.
  • afergason
    afergason Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I lost 1 lb this week and wasn't around to post last week because of a death in the family.

I can't wait for a moment when I can wear some old clothing. Everything was so tight when I started this journey so I'm still wearing the same things. My wife swears that everything looks baggy and that soon they will be too big.
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    so, no loss, gained 7 pounds
  • Momma2four
    Options
    so, no loss, gained 7 pounds

It is frustrating! But DO NOT quit. This is a very rough time and I am sure you are feeling a bit discouraged, but keep at this..... Okay:flowerforyou:
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options
    It's just hard the past few weeks my aunts came up to visit us....and they cooook and coook..it's hard to pass up homemade mexican food..my weakness, especially since I was sick again and they were trying to cheer me up (with food of course). Was it worth it? I don't know, I gained 7 pounds...
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Just checking in ...
    I lost .6 pounds for a .25% loss ... not great , but I was happy I didn't gain since I knew I hadn't had a great week.
    I did really well yesterday at the Renaissance Festival ... loads of exercise (90 minutes at the Y before we went, and then walked for almost 6 hours) ... I didn't partake of much food ... just a gyro, but then was mad at myself for binging on pizza after I got home. I should probably have just planned to have more at the Renaissance, since I must have been feeling a bit deprived. Today isn't going much better ... McDonalds for lunch - I have only 30 calories left and I'm going to a birthday party in an hour for dinner, and a play after that - so no time to exercise either. I'll do my best tonight, and tomorrow is a new day.

andreasoulcastle: Don't beat yourself up, I know you can get right back into it and lose that 7 pounds quickly ... you can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    trik, we are going to miss you!!! But we will be here when you get back:flowerforyou:

thanks girls for the support.... I am really excited about my pants. It is like I just got 5 new pairs of pants. When you are a momma to 4 children. Clothing for yourself is at the bottom of the list.
    I second that quote!!!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Just checking in ...
    I lost .6 pounds for a .25% loss ... not great , but I was happy I didn't gain since I knew I hadn't had a great week.
    I did really well yesterday at the Renaissance Festival ... loads of exercise (90 minutes at the Y before we went, and then walked for almost 6 hours) ... I didn't partake of much food ... just a gyro, but then was mad at myself for binging on pizza after I got home. I should probably have just planned to have more at the Renaissance, since I must have been feeling a bit deprived. Today isn't going much better ... McDonalds for lunch - I have only 30 calories left and I'm going to a birthday party in an hour for dinner, and a play after that - so no time to exercise either. I'll do my best tonight, and tomorrow is a new day.

andreasoulcastle: Don't beat yourself up, I know you can get right back into it and lose that 7 pounds quickly ... you can do it! :flowerforyou:

lstpaul, it is weight loss. No matter what you went down.... that is our goal.
  • lstpaul
    Options
    lstpaul, it is weight loss. No matter what you went down.... that is our goal.

I know... I'm ok with slow progress... as long as it is any progress... actually I am excited that with rounding my weight loss is showing as 18 pounds now! Woo Hoo!:smile:

I didn't have a great day yesterday, went waaaay over on calories and didn't find time to exercise. I tried, but failed to change my schedule around to get to the Y. But doing well so far today, need to get back to trying to get in my water though.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Good Monday Morning all,

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. This is Monday and let us all get motivated for some weight loss this week. I am not sure who had the greatest percentage of weight loss this week. I know myself and jlb123 both had 1%, lstpaul had .25%, andrea had 0%, but awestfall not sure what you had? We need to pick a challenge this week.........I will pick one and jlb123 can pick one unless awestfall got a larger percentage than we did.

Here is my challenge this week. Do 3 sets 10 pushups this week. Depending on what you can do, regular pushups, girl pushups, wall pushups...
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I like your challenge, Momma2four. I'll complement it with challenging 3 sets of 15 sit-ups this week.

My weekend was alright. I stayed within my calories even though I did eat some junk. I was too sore to do any cardio yesterday because I had a photography job on Saturday which ended up forcing me to squat, bend, and kneel for 5 hours while chasing 200 4-5 year old soccer players around at the Y. Those were the most hyper-rowdy kids I've ever seen. :noway: I'm still insanely sore today so that must've been a better accidental workout than I realized. :laugh:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    It's just hard the past few weeks my aunts came up to visit us....and they cooook and coook..it's hard to pass up homemade mexican food..my weakness, especially since I was sick again and they were trying to cheer me up (with food of course). Was it worth it? I don't know, I gained 7 pounds...

If I had your Aunts cooking homemade mexican food, :love: I would have probably gained 7 pounds too
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I like your challenge, Momma2four. I'll complement it with challenging 3 sets of 15 sit-ups this week.

My weekend was alright. I stayed within my calories even though I did eat some junk. I was too sore to do any cardio yesterday because I had a photography job on Saturday which ended up forcing me to squat, bend, and kneel for 5 hours while chasing 200 4-5 year old soccer players around at the Y. Those were the most hyper-rowdy kids I've ever seen. :noway: I'm still insanely sore today so that must've been a better accidental workout than I realized. :laugh:

Sounds good. Hey I sometimes count cleaning the house real good as my exercise. My family lived with my mother for 5 months while we were trying to buy a house. She is very clean and I had 3 small children at that time. I did not watch what I ate, I did not exercise, all that I did was clean her little house like a mad woman everyday. Mopping, vaccuming, sweeping, dusting, ect... and I lost 17 pounds during that 5 months.
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options
    Ok, went on the elliptical until I burned at least 300 pounds today right after classes..it's a start!!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Good Job everyone and nice challenge Momma!!! Good luck this week I am off to do some exercise on my elliptical for at least an hour
  • lstpaul
    Options
    :grumble: I am really struggling to get back on track. I've gone back to some bad eating habits (snacking while I make supper for one) ... I even ate so much last night before, during and after supper that I felt sick! and my exercise motivation has gone out the window!
    I know why it's happening - vacation, then flu, then my Aunt had her stroke and passed away ... so my routine has been disrupted for over a month and I'm 'comfort' and stress eating. But I need to snap out of it before I let this go into a slide!

I'm going to work out tonight for 120 minutes at the Y (even though I really have no motivation to go) ... hopefully that will help get me back into the right mindframe. And I know I need to get back to having some sort of plan for my meals.
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options
    :grumble: I am really struggling to get back on track. I've gone back to some bad eating habits (snacking while I make supper for one) ... I even ate so much last night before, during and after supper that I felt sick! and my exercise motivation has gone out the window!
    I know why it's happening - vacation, then flu, then my Aunt had her stroke and passed away ... so my routine has been disrupted for over a month and I'm 'comfort' and stress eating. But I need to snap out of it before I let this go into a slide!

I'm going to work out tonight for 120 minutes at the Y (even though I really have no motivation to go) ... hopefully that will help get me back into the right mindframe. And I know I need to get back to having some sort of plan for my meals.

I hear ya 1stpaul, you have had a rough time. I think you have a great goal, getting back in workout mode, good for your body and for your mind and will boost positive feelings. I think my goal will be to stock my fridge and pantry with good food when I get paid...as for right now, kinda eating what we got in stock.
  • lstpaul
    Options
    I hear ya 1stpaul, you have had a rough time. I think you have a great goal, getting back in workout mode, good for your body and for your mind and will boost positive feelings. I think my goal will be to stock my fridge and pantry with good food when I get paid...as for right now, kinda eating what we got in stock.
    Thanks andreasoulcastle! I know we can do this, sometimes it's just hard getting my brain in the right place!