Over 200 club BACK TO SCHOOL Week 3 (Open Group)

Options

Replies

• awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I am sooooo excited girls, we can do this. It seems like we are all feeling quite motivated again. People can't understand the struggles we go through knowing we have so much weight to lose. It is so great to have all of you who can actually relate with me and what I am trying to do. It has taken me 6 months to lose 35 pounds. I could have lost more in 6 months, but I go back to the struggle with food. I am slowley but surely conquering this struggle(I think) I know that if I did not have you guys, I would have never come this far. I am ready to kick this fat in the butt and say goodbye for good.
    I love you Momma and I am so glad too be surrounded by awesome people like you.This is a struggle everyday for all of us.Yes we make mistakes every now and then but we are here fighting to make them right.We should all be proud of the progress we have made and the end results we are going to get.We can and we will do this .We are all going to look fabulous in 2010.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I'm excited too ... 17 lbs is the most weight I've ever been able to lose ... and I can't wait until I'm at 20-25-30-35-....so on. I feel like I can do it this time, and a lot of it has to do with staying focused because of all of your support! :flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    Options
    Good Job Istpaul !! We are all here to support you and help fight the battle of the bulge together.We are all going to do this.The Biggest Loser last ight inspired me so much and motivated me to do an extra 30 minutes of exercise yesterday.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Good Morning Girls,

I did very well yesterday. My calories right on, water pretty good, exercise did it but could have done more. I am really feeling focused. It feels so much better going to bed not so full. I cheated and weighed myself early and I am down 1.5 pounds. I just felt like there was a difference so I weighed. I am excited to be able to report a loss on Friday. I have gone more than 2 weeks with no loss at all.

awestfall, thanks for the nice words of encouragement

lstpaul, I am so excited for you, all of a sudden you will be at 20 lost then 30-40-50, how exciting is that.

I am soooooooooooo excited that I am only 3 pounds away from being 40 down.
  • awestfall
    Options
    Good Morning Girls,

I did very well yesterday. My calories right on, water pretty good, exercise did it but could have done more. I am really feeling focused. It feels so much better going to bed not so full. I cheated and weighed myself early and I am down 1.5 pounds. I just felt like there was a difference so I weighed. I am excited to be able to report a loss on Friday. I have gone more than 2 weeks with no loss at all.

awestfall, thanks for the nice words of encouragement

lstpaul, I am so excited for you, all of a sudden you will be at 20 lost then 30-40-50, how exciting is that.

I am soooooooooooo excited that I am only 3 pounds away from being 40 down.
    Good Job Momma !!!
    We are doing this and like you said I am really focused to lose this weight and I can tell you are too.Keep it up!!!!You too Istpaul!!!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I was just reading a post about a girl who reached a size 6 pants. She started off wearing a size 28. She has lost 125 pounds so far.......It has taken her 1year and 1 month. WoW... She did not have surgery, she actually did it herself using this site. Girls, that is us.................we are mfp users and we can do this too. Look at tamtastic, she's lost 135 pounds,.................I saw another girl on here who has lost 125 pounds....................:huh: Girls, we could be in their shoes by the end of 2010 if we work hard and support each other.... These are real people who got up off their butts and started working to improve their health. That's us.. it really is... We are those girls. They were here just a year ago.. I am really motivated now. I was already motivated but wow this has inspired me. It is real.
  • awestfall
    Options
    I was just reading a post about a girl who reached a size 6 pants. She started off wearing a size 28. She has lost 125 pounds so far.......It has taken her 1year and 1 month. WoW... She did not have surgery, she actually did it herself using this site. Girls, that is us.................we are mfp users and we can do this too. Look at tamtastic, she's lost 135 pounds,.................I saw another girl on here who has lost 125 pounds....................:huh: Girls, we could be in their shoes by the end of 2010 if we work hard and support each other.... These are real people who got up off their butts and started working to improve their health. That's us.. it really is... We are those girls. They were here just a year ago.. I am really motivated now. I was already motivated but wow this has inspired me. It is real.
    Thanks Momma and you are right we are doing it and we can be just like them by the end of 2010.So lets stay focused and supportive towards one another and together we can conquer and win this battle of the bulge.We will lose this weight together and we will be just like the Biggest Loser contestants with a story to tell and how to inspire others to lose weight just like we are.This is our time to shine and we can and we will.I did 2 hours of exercise tonight and I stayed within my calories.I was under 1300 cals for the day (1273 to be exact )and I burnt 1065 cals back off.I am focused and ready to look fabulous again.
  • lstpaul
    Options
    I read that same post ... what a great accomplishment! Size 6 seems so unattainable sometimes ... but size 16 is looking more like a real possibility now ... so I know we can do it! :smile: (even if it's in fits and spurts for me ... at least the scale is going in a downward direction, no matter how slowly!:smile: )

I didn't have a great day yesterday:grumble: ... I was busy running around with the kids after work, and my husband had to work really late - but in hindsight I still should have found some time to exercise. AND no one forced me to eat Burger King onion rings for lunch... Today will be a better day. I already did step for an hour at the Y ... so I'm off to a good start.

Have a great day all! :flowerforyou:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Fair warning -- venting ahead.

My boyfriend just told me he has lost 8 pounds since ***I*** joined MFP! :noway: Sure, I've been making healthier meals at home and yes, we stopped drinking soda except for an occasional diet soda. But after a healthy meal & a glass of water, he crams all kinds of junk food in his mouth. We're talking cake, popcicles (like the ice cream super fatty kind), gelato, etc. And then he sits on the couch to *watch me* work out! Yes, I've lost more than 8 pounds in 2.5 weeks, but I also have more to lose than he does. I've gone from 270-something to 250-something (weigh in tomorrow will tell) and I'm 5'4." He's gone from 220 to 212 and he's 5'11." Now I can finally understand why his brother can eat and drink all that he does and still be a 150# ball of muscle at 5'9" -- They must have some mighty metabolisms! My brother, on the other hand, probably weighs 300# or more at 5'10." A million thanks for the fat genes, dad! :tongue:

Maybe I should stop griping and just be excited that I'm soon going to be "that fat girl with the really hot and fit boyfriend." :wink:
    Anyway, I'm happy for him, but I still think it's ridiculous. That stupid SlimQuick commercial is so true (although I'm still not going to buy it). :laugh:

I hope everyone has a great day-before-weigh-in day! :drinker:
  • awestfall
    Options
    Fair warning -- venting ahead.

My boyfriend just told me he has lost 8 pounds since ***I*** joined MFP! :noway: Sure, I've been making healthier meals at home and yes, we stopped drinking soda except for an occasional diet soda. But after a healthy meal & a glass of water, he crams all kinds of junk food in his mouth. We're talking cake, popcicles (like the ice cream super fatty kind), gelato, etc. And then he sits on the couch to *watch me* work out! Yes, I've lost more than 8 pounds in 2.5 weeks, but I also have more to lose than he does. I've gone from 270-something to 250-something (weigh in tomorrow will tell) and I'm 5'4." He's gone from 220 to 212 and he's 5'11." Now I can finally understand why his brother can eat and drink all that he does and still be a 150# ball of muscle at 5'9" -- They must have some mighty metabolisms! My brother, on the other hand, probably weighs 300# or more at 5'10." A million thanks for the fat genes, dad! :tongue:

Maybe I should stop griping and just be excited that I'm soon going to be "that fat girl with the really hot and fit boyfriend." :wink:
    Anyway, I'm happy for him, but I still think it's ridiculous. That stupid SlimQuick commercial is so true (although I'm still not going to buy it). :laugh:

I hope everyone has a great day-before-weigh-in day! :drinker:
    I know exactly what you mean my husband can do the sme thing although right now he is not even trying and he has lost 4 pounds without even trying in the past few days.It is very frustrating when you spend all day working your a** off and they do nothing and still lose.Just remember keep up the good work AND YOU WILL SOON BE HIS HOT FIT GIRLFRIEND!!!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    I hear ya jlb123! I think it is easier for men to lose weight (maybe not all men) ... it doesn't always seem fair!:grumble: My husband will just announce that he is going to eat half his lunches for awhile - and he can drop 20 pounds... while drinking beer and still snacking! (of course right now he has put it all back on... and it wouldn't hurt him to start exercising with me ... but he likes to say that working the remote control is enough exercise! one of these days I'll get him to the gym with me!:wink: )
    Just focus on how well you are doing ... you are doing great, congrats!:flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    Options
    OK MOMMA THE POUNDS ARE MELTING OFF OF YOU WHATS YOUR SECRET?HOW MANY CALORIES DO YOU EAT A DAY?I FEEL LIKE I AM STUCK RIGHT NOW.I'M NOT LOSING WEIGHT BUT I FEEL LIKE I AM LOSING INCHES.I SUPPOSE THE POUNDS WILL FOLLOW SOON.LET ME IN ON YOUR SECRET THOUGH SERIOUSLY.I WANT TO BE BACK TO WERE I WAS BEFORE I GAINED SOME BACK OR SMALLER.HELP!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I am finally starting to drop. I have been at a stand still for 3 weeks, I actually have been staying between 1200-1350 calories. And It started coming off again. I wish it was melting off. As long as I do not look like a am melting:noway: I can't afford plastic surgery.:laugh: I also find that I am volunteering to help everyone and their mother. I haven't had any time to eat. I keep complaining that I am doing sooooo much yet I keep volunteering, "sure I'll do that for you"....Today I volunteered to help with the kindergarden class while my son is at speech therapy. I do not even have a kindergardener until next year.... What was I thinking that would have been 30 minutes where I could just sit and relax for a minute. I just got home from taking my elderly neighbor to her appointment, My next door neighbor is on vacation so I am getting her mail, watering her plants and mowing her lawn. I need to learn how to say No, I can't do that today. But I am not able to do that......Since I am not able to do that I need to quit complaining about it... Right?/// Say NO or shutup, that is going to be my motto this week:laugh: I am excited about weigh in tomorrow, I have lost 2.4 pounds. Yay.........:flowerforyou: flower to me today......:tongue:
  • awestfall
    Options
    I am finally starting to drop. I have been at a stand still for 3 weeks, I actually have been staying between 1200-1350 calories. And It started coming off again. I wish it was melting off. As long as I do not look like a am melting:noway: I can't afford plastic surgery.:laugh: I also find that I am volunteering to help everyone and their mother. I haven't had any time to eat. I keep complaining that I am doing sooooo much yet I keep volunteering, "sure I'll do that for you"....Today I volunteered to help with the kindergarden class while my son is at speech therapy. I do not even have a kindergardener until next year.... What was I thinking that would have been 30 minutes where I could just sit and relax for a minute. I just got home from taking my elderly neighbor to her appointment, My next door neighbor is on vacation so I am getting her mail, watering her plants and mowing her lawn. I need to learn how to say No, I can't do that today. But I am not able to do that......Since I am not able to do that I need to quit complaining about it... Right?/// Say NO or shutup, that is going to be my motto this week:laugh: I am excited about weigh in tomorrow, I have lost 2.4 pounds. Yay.........:flowerforyou: flower to me today......:tongue:
    Great Job Momma !! I am going to ask are you still eating your exercise calories or no? I don't and I find if I don't I lose alot more weight.I am hoping tomorrows weigh in is good for me.I ate kind of poorly today but I didn't overeat and I also exercised for 2 hours today.I am hoping thats enough to compensate for the poor eating today.Good luck to everyone on tomorrows weigh in.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I do not eat my exercise calories.....Not anymore. I set a range 1200-1450 max but I am staying within the 1200-1350 range. No matter how much I exercise..
  • awestfall
    Options
    I do not eat my exercise calories.....Not anymore. I set a range 1200-1450 max but I am staying within the 1200-1350 range. No matter how much I exercise..
    well its working for you and thats what I have been doing too.Yesterday was a bad day of eating even though I exercised really hard for 2 hours and today I didn't start the day off right so to speak.My weight loss this week was 2 pounds that I gained back and then lost again this week lol.HOpefully next week will be better.I also hope I am feeling alot better too.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    A decent weigh-in despite this week being so incredibly stressful. I lost 2.6 pounds.

My goal for next weigh-in is 2 pounds.

Julie (jlb123) - SW 266.8/ GW 150 / CW 258.8 = loss of 2.6 lbs = -1%
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hey awestfall, great job on the weight loss this week.
    jlb123, wow you are doing great as well

I have lost 2.4 pounds and that is 1%

Here is the website to check your percentage of weight loss

http://menshealth.about.com/library/blpercentage.htm
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I posted then I went to get dressed. Could not find anything to wear. Washing machine broke and I just got it fixed I am trying to get the childrens clothes first. Anyways when I started this journey I was in a tight 26 (in denial needing a 28) Anyways someone had weight loss surgery and gave me all their cute clothes. I have been wearing the 22 and 24's. Today, I thought I am going to try on the size 20' because all my pants are very lose. Guess what? I tried on 2 pairs of 20's and they fit......wow!! I have gone down 4 sizes/ I cannot believe that. I have been between a 24-26 for many years.. I am really excited..... Just thought I would share.
  • awestfall
    Options
    I posted then I went to get dressed. Could not find anything to wear. Washing machine broke and I just got it fixed I am trying to get the childrens clothes first. Anyways when I started this journey I was in a tight 26 (in denial needing a 28) Anyways someone had weight loss surgery and gave me all their cute clothes. I have been wearing the 22 and 24's. Today, I thought I am going to try on the size 20' because all my pants are very lose. Guess what? I tried on 2 pairs of 20's and they fit......wow!! I have gone down 4 sizes/ I cannot believe that. I have been between a 24-26 for many years.. I am really excited..... Just thought I would share.
    Awesome keep it up girl!!!