How many kids do YOU want? :)

Options

Replies

• Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Ya know, none of my friends would have ever believed this, but I'd like to have 5 or 6. I've got 2... most men I date have 2 and I'd like to try to have the 'yours, mine & ours' combo pack. Granted that may have me ending up with only 5, but my odds of having twins again are extremely high, so I'd be perfectly happy with 6. Once you have twins, all the rest just kinda fall in line. I could have 12 kids and it's like just putting another log on the fire... warm and cozy with a big mess to clean up afterward :D
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I have to applaud the gals who don't have or want any kids; I am not one of those people who thinks that ALL people must have kids to be complete, fully contributing members of society. Some people have more complex paths that just aren't compatible with raising kids, and/or some people may not make good parents (and know it), but excel at other things that are vital to our society. Some of them also better fit the secondary family roles (like that of "The Cool Aunt"). It's just so much more complicated than "all women are baby factories". There are different kinds of women, and different kinds of men, with a wide range of roles that need to be filled in order to make humanity that much better.

^^^^^THIS Im a proud flag waving member of the The Cool Aunt club... or as my niece calls me... the Funny Auntie
  • spartangirl79
    spartangirl79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    None.
    Ever.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have to applaud the gals who don't have or want any kids; I am not one of those people who thinks that ALL people must have kids to be complete, fully contributing members of society. Some people have more complex paths that just aren't compatible with raising kids, and/or some people may not make good parents (and know it), but excel at other things that are vital to our society. Some of them also better fit the secondary family roles (like that of "The Cool Aunt"). It's just so much more complicated than "all women are baby factories". There are different kinds of women, and different kinds of men, with a wide range of roles that need to be filled in order to make humanity that much better.

^THIS I am a proud member of the Cool Aunt club, but don't want any myself.
    While I think the "more complex" comment makes it sound like parenting is simple and easy, I agree with the rest of this and think it's ridiculous that people have to justify their choice not to have kids. There are plenty other people reproducing at a much higher rate than 1:1, so it's not like we need everyone on board to keep the species alive. I know that when you think something is amazing, it can be hard to accept other people don't--you think "oh, if they only DID it, they'd see!", but that's kind of condescending, when you think about it. I have a friend who jokes about how the dog is their baby -- she shouldn't have to make jokes to stave off awkward and inappropriate questions. This shouldn't be an issue.
  • munkey418
    munkey418 Posts: 139
    Options
    I WANTED 2, gender didnt matter. I HAVE 1 4yr old little girl, when she was 1 we started trying for that missing piece to our families puzzle and after 2 years of trying with no results I was diagnosed with PCOS and even fertility drugs couldnt get us another baby. So I put it on the back burner with getting in shape my main focus. and NOW I only want 1 lol Love my daughter to pieces but if I had 2 of her running around Id prolly cry myself to sleep every night lol Shes too smart for her age and knows it and oh the trouble that causes lol
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    We have two so far. Jury's still out on whether we'll have another, the baby is just 3 months old so we have awhile to decide :)
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    No kids for me.

Might get a dog though :)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I have two grown up children, and the best part is having grandchildren. Never wanted more kids and I got "snipped" to avoid accidents. I didn't enjoy the physical aspect of my pregnancies, too many months with morning sickness, and I don't like big families.
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    None, but I loooooooooooove when other people have babies!!

gimmethosesquishcheeks....
  • sleonardbranson
    Options
    I have five daughters (16, 13, 11, 8, 5) they are amazing, loving and so beautiful! I would not change anything! I was truly blessed with them.
  • jenbooks
    jenbooks Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Zero, zip, nil, nada, no how, no way.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    ZERO!

My husband got a vasectomy earlier in the year. :)
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    2 or 3. Preferably a girl first but I am not fussed :)
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    And if you already have kids, how many do you have? :D

I want 4 kids, 2 girls, 2 boys. Wouldn't that be the perfect life? Lmfao. i hope my body bounces back after four human beings :p

I always thought I would want 2. As things turned out, my family never felt complete until we had 5 children. We have 4 boys and a girl (24, 22, 19, 17, 14) born in that order. If you stay active and exercise regularly both during and after pregnancy, your body should bounce back quite nicely. Just don't expect it to be like it was before children!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I agree. Personally, kids are for me. But I think it's awesome when people are aware of what they truly want and know they can give.
  • kaylurzz
    kaylurzz Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Just going to live a happy life with my cats.

But 1-2 kids possibly...
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Have 1 little girl age 4 =). I'd love another but cannot have anymore. We hope to adopt in the future though =).
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I have 3 boys. 7 1/2, 2 1/2 and 10.99 months. LOL (he will be 11 mo on Wed).

Sometimes I wish we could afford ONE MORE try for a girl..but we can't and odds are it would be a boy. LOL
  • itali614
    itali614 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    We have three and two babies in heaven. We have 2 girls who are 3 and 2 and then a little boy who is 8 months old!! I thought I wanted 10 of my own and 10 foster or adopted kids but, after having these three. If God allows perhaps one more would be nice. However we want to make sure we can build into and work with each child. So we shall see! :)
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    And if you already have kids, how many do you have? :D

I want 4 kids, 2 girls, 2 boys. Wouldn't that be the perfect life? Lmfao. i hope my body bounces back after four human beings :p

That is exactly what I have, and what I wanted! Good luck! My weight wasn't bad after, but I was underweight to begin with. :ohwell: