How many kids do YOU want? :)

Options

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I'd like to adopt 1 little girl. I can have children, but I think adopting is the greatest thing you could do for society- especially if you are financially capable.
  • simplesamplespace
    Options
    none. but i MIGHT adopt. :)
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    want 3 or 4
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hm, I've always said that I wanted a boy and girl. But, at this age, since it hasn't happened, I'm working on being OK with zero being the answer...still not there yet but getting there!
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Most people think im crazy, but for me I want twins.

a boy and a girl and then i would probably want another boy :smile:

They aren't an accessory or novelty item :grumble:

Twins have a much higher risk to mom AND babies. Whatever negative things that can happen during pregnancy are risk x 2 with twins. The chances that they will be premature or developmentally delayed are higher.

So its wrong to want twins? I would like twins...I dnt view them as an accessory. Not like the lady was saying she's taking unprescribed clomid or something just for twins. Ppl are saying what gender children they want. Why aren't you giving them a spill about children not being a accessory and be happy for what you get?

Twins don't always equal danger and high risk. Just like singletons don't equal a easy pregnancy.

It's stupid to say you want twins knowing the risks are higher, just so you can say you have twins. I didn't say ALWAYS. I said MORE LIKELY.
  • YokoJ
    YokoJ Posts: 253
    Options

Twins have a much higher risk to mom AND babies. Whatever negative things that can happen during pregnancy are risk x 2 with twins. The chances that they will be premature or developmentally delayed are higher.

So its wrong to want twins? I would like twins...I dnt view them as an accessory. Not like the lady was saying she's taking unprescribed clomid or something just for twins. Ppl are saying what gender children they want. Why aren't you giving them a spill about children not being a accessory and be happy for what you get?

Twins don't always equal danger and high risk. Just like singletons don't equal a easy pregnancy.

It's stupid to say you want twins knowing the risks are higher, just so you can say you have twins. I didn't say ALWAYS. I said MORE LIKELY.

Never once did you say more likely. You said they are. Your comment was irrelevant bc you clearly aren't a medical professional and this post was about what one would like to have not risk of pregnancy. Why must you be a party pooper?
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I have 2 beautiful boys. 4 and 1 year old. :) I want to try for a girl but not until the youngest is in school. :)
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I want two- fiance wants 3 but we are having trouble even getting pregnant with one :'(
  • 9ofthem
    9ofthem Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I wanted none until we had our first child. A definite oops baby. We fell in love with the little monster.

We let God sort out how many after that. We now have 9. Son 23 m. wonderful dil, daughter 18, daughter 16, son 14, son 12, son 9, son 5, son 2, and son 1.

And if anyone gives you grief about child free by choice, just tell them that others have taken up the slack. ;D
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Dude, its a fantasy thread where people are talking about what they would like. Everything can have complications and things can alwys go bad. Your kids can be drug dealers or bank robbers, everything has dangers. Lets just keep this thread nice and clean from negative thoughts ok?
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I have TWO lovely little ladies (ages 6 and 3) - I went thru hell and back while jumping thru hoops to get them, I love them VERY much, and now I am SooOooOOoo done!

How do I know i am done? When I see a pregnant person, I actually feel sorry for them, Aaaaaaand I am deathly afraid of sperm (no joke)... 'nuff said. Oh! And if I ever got pregnant again, that announcement would more than likely be followed my my obituary in the paper, jus' sayin'
  • adamlb
    adamlb Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    None thank you! Makes finding a partner quite difficult, but no-one said life would be easy!
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I want 2 or 3. If we have 2, I want 2 girls or a boy and a girl. If we have 3, I want 2 girls and 1 boy, just like my grandma had! :)
  • BabyGrl726
    BabyGrl726 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have just one a little beauty named Madison (3), but after I find my true love...hopefully he and I can have the one more I want..hopefully a little boy!
  • LelliAmi
    Options

Dude, its a fantasy thread where people are talking about what they would like. Everything can have complications and things can alwys go bad. Your kids can be drug dealers or bank robbers, everything has dangers. Lets just keep this thread nice and clean from negative thoughts ok?

Agreed!! Risks and shallowness not included!!! Just hopes and dreams. :)
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Used to want 3, wanted to have 2 and adopt one. Now I have a boy and a girl and they take 110% of my time, love, devotion and attention, so as you can see, there is nothing left fo anymore children : ) I have a dog, he's my 3rd hairy child. I started very young, so I'm ready when my son grows up to just enjoy my hubby when the kids are out of the house (and traveling). I don't need anymore kids, plenty of love here!
  • LelliAmi
    Options
    Awwe... My heart goes out to you. I've seen some couples try for years, and when it finally happens it's the greatest feeling ever. Trying without results can be devastating, and sometimes discouraging. But keep at it and your prayers will be answered. Stay strong! I wish you and your partner all the best. :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    We have 5 at home. I have 2 biological kids (2 boys - 2 1/2 and 6 yrs) and 3 step kids (8 y/o girl, 9 y/o boy, 12 y/o girl)... 5 in my house is enough for me :)
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    None!
  • jeroli31
    jeroli31 Posts: 2
    Options
    I always wanted 2. After hubby & I got together, we suffered 5 miscarriages. We finally had our daughter, who is now 15 months old, and we're expecting a little boy in August. We are really blessed, especially because our son was a HUGE surprise. Can't wait to meet him!!! :)