The Taboo Topic

Options

Replies

• doug4018
    doug4018 Posts: 130
    Options
    I have about 100lbs to lose total. I, too, wonder how I or my spouse will react to loose skin or other such issues.

I do know that losing weight makes the body feel less tired as a whole and that will definitely help those friendly times be all the more friendly.

My only loose skin issue is my belly. I'm curious if it will tighten up, I've seen a lot of men that have lost a lot more than I have and theirs has tightened. I'm prepared for surgical fixes for the skin if necessary. Hopefully you and your spouse don't have any issues with the skin. My spouse is very supportive and kind, and does not seem to mind, so i'm very lucky, i'm not sure I would react the same way, but then again I'm pretty shallow hahaha, j/k.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I dunno about websites, but I'll give you my personal opinion.

Sex is WAY better when you are fit. You have a lot more stamina, can move easier and things just feel better :)
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    I'm -27 pounds since February and MUCH more fit.

I feel sexier
    I look sexier.
    Quality of my sex has improved.
    Quantity of my sex has improved.
    Logistically, it's no holds barred as far as positions go.

WIN!!!! :drinker:
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    My sexuality is one of the reasons I want to look my best, I feel like my fiance deserves something hot to look at rather than what I am now, plus I'm looking forward to being in touch with my sexual side with the lights on...maybe haha.

^^this

losing the weight has helped me to become far more confident in the bedroom with my husband. lights on, lights off... doesn't matter anymore.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm -27 pounds since February and MUCH more fit.

I feel sexier
    I look sexier.
    Quality of my sex has improved.
    Quantity of my sex has improved.
    Logistically, it's no holds barred as far as positions go.

WIN!!!! :drinker:

:drinker: :drinker: Brilliant!
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    in immeasurable difference in both form and function.

improved confidence and general fitness along with a host of improvements directly related to plumbing and basic functions of apparatus.

or in other words, it all just works better.
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    I have noticed it has increased my libido as my BMI continues to drop.

However, the negative aspect of this is I have a jealous spouse. She now thinks the better fit I am, the more women (all women she claims) want to have sex with me. Doubled with the fact she is doing very little to improve her overall fitness (she is an ideal weight/build for her height but could tone up a bit).

Double-edged sword for me.
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I know for me, my weight going up and down (no pun intended! :laugh: ) ... really makes a big difference for me regarding our bedroom (or wherever ;) . gymnastics.

It makes a HUGE difference to my confidence ... which at the moment.. as I am still waaaayyyyy over... is not very high!

:mad:

I'll get there! ... Slimmer sexual confidence is soooo much nicer than feeling like a Bison! ..

I too would consider a tum tuck (quite probably) when I have lost this weight. .. When I lost it before.. my tummy was baaadddd.

and it might be the cherry on top (no pun intended :laugh: ) .. of our intimacy if I get rid of my Alien tum!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    It is a motivation for people. Not acknowledging that is folly.
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    People turn into 12 year old boys on sex topics. It's gross and ridiculous.

Try Google if you need answers.

Not ALL people do this. Some are capable of having perfectly normal conversations revolving around sex. Your post was ridiculous. If you have nothing to offer why bother typing?

That is what I offered. OP asked why there aren't topics on the subject, that is the reason.

PMSing much? You are ridiculous for being offended.

You are the reason people hate forums, you turned a completely honest and open discussion into this uglyness. So very sad for you.
    ^
    Exactly.
  • Jkc9059
    Jkc9059 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to lose weight since January and joined MFP a month ago. I have lost around 30-35 pounds. I am 42 and let me just say that my husband has always loved me and always wants to have intamacy. Now not only that but he seems to have to touch me now when he walks by and even in his sleep he seems to have to have a hand on me to go to sleep. I am more excited about our intimate times and even initiate...which is new. I feel more beautiful and it is just better. I have a long way to go so it will be interesting to see how different intimacy becomes. Besides I have a bedroom goal which may not be able to play out for about 30 more pounds.
  • Shawneb66
    Shawneb66 Posts: 124
    Options
    I just bought my first thong...of course it makes me feel sexier and makes me want MORE!! Being FIT is key to a healthy sexual relationship!!
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    People turn into 12 year old boys on sex topics. It's gross and ridiculous.

Try Google if you need answers.

I feel like I NEED to respond to this and the posts made after, regarding this post......I believe this whole post was taken out of context and construed to make it sound like she was saying 'talking about sex is gross and ridiculous' I think what was meant was that topics on sex usually get deleted/locked because some people can't be serious and grownup about it, hence the turning into 12 year old boys.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • RockinSkiBunny
    RockinSkiBunny Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'll just note that there's a giant banana in the ad next to this.

LMAO! Sorry but that's funny!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    one of the many side effects of working out is increased sexual responsiveness for both sexes. women w/ a lower BF% more effectively use the estrogen they have. and men who work out increase their testosterone levels. both of these lead to a higher sex drive and "feeling" sexier. it is completely natural. as is sex itself.

now, i can be a TOTAL perv (you stop that gasping right now, no one believes you), but i can also be an adult when i talk about sex. getting fit WILL effect your sex drive and your sex life. and talking about it should be encouraged, not made into something "dirty" or "wrong".
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I think weight loss affects our sexuality and libido in many ways. Losing weight and getting fitter gives us much more energy which can be burnt in many ways. I know that many of us are uncomfortable in our skin especially when overweight and if we don't feel attractive its hard to understand why others do. Its also a lack of confidence - quite a few of the posts talk about getting to the stage of leaving the light.For women especially feeling attractive and in the mood starts in the mind.

Also for someone of us being large can have a physical affect on bedroom activity - being out of breath or suffering form cramps or just being too large to move. Also many health issues( caused or affected by being overweight) such as diabetes can affect sexual activety.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I will say this: Because Sex and Money are 2 of the biggest reasons for divorce, they should be talked about more. That said...I feel better about myself and in turn feel better about sex. However, I eat better and work out more so need new clothes...so I have spent more money....I'd say they weight each other out :)
    Good thing my husband loves me :)
  • Jessie43082
    Jessie43082 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have noticed the complete opposite effect. For some reason I was much more confident and felt sexier before losing 100 pounds. It frustrates my boyfriend tremendously. Hopefully this is just because overweight is all I have known and it will adjust as I spend some time at this new size.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!