Replies

• BLSaw
    BLSaw Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    add me if you like
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I used to feel that way. Then I found some super awesome friends. And I really try to spread the love around. I think looking for similar interests helps with the interaction for sure.

I also am a total diary stalker, though. I love reading about the other goodies everyone is eating!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Again thanks to everyone who has responded...

i think i do need to be more active in the threads. as far as posting on my friends walls and posts...i do. a lot. THATS why im frustrated and why i started this thread. So i will take some advice and add more friends. But i will delete people who are not motivating or supportive. I dont need a million friends for the sake of having friends i want a good support group and i like to motivate others as well.

if your food journals are empty, i wont add you.

Ok you can unadd me then, I use this site to track workouts, but no longer my food. Ive been tracking food for five years now and can do it in my head.

Sorry for the add - you can decline, thanks!
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options

if your food journals are empty, i wont add you.

That tends to annoy people-- what business is it of anyone else, what they're eating? As long as they're TRYING, it shouldn't matter. I wouldn't delete someone for keeping their journal private. Sometimes that's the biggest hurdle to overcome.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    i know what you mean. i friended you, btw.

I don't really like to comment on these mfp-automatically generated messages about logging on, exerise and weight. Give me something good to hang my hat on !!!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Are you going to stop working on your fitness because people aren't cheering you on? Because the fact is, you can get all of the hoots and hollers and handies you can stand for a job well done, but if you're not in it for yourself, you're not going to be happy when (and if) you reach your goals.

Also, sometimes it helps to put yourself out there and chit-chat with people before demanding praise. Let people get to know you so they have a baseline for just how many Os to put on the end of their whoos.
  • Dozer_me
    Dozer_me Posts: 5
    Options
    I am also fairly new my self so I do under stand, I was reading some of the other post and it seems you will have some support. Happy losing lol :smile:
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    When all else fails I always have the voices in my head......they will NEVER leave me. Kind of like the MFP friends I keep locked in my basement. Yeah you just THOUGHT that person deactivated.

btw I am looking for new friends!

Abs, I so enjoyed that 5 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 18 hours and 47 minutes I spent in your basement. When I finally escaped, I was almost disappointed. I have started being a whole lot less careful lately, and I think its a subconscious efffort to get you to kidnap me again.......That thing you used to do with the braided rope and the axe handle was exquisite.....

No you left me and took all my twister matts!:angry:

Sorry, I had to wrap them around me when I ran cause you had cut up all my clothes....
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't feel alone, like a lot of people have said add more pals, and interact with your pals on here.

I keep my friends at around 50ish, if people havn't logged for a while and I don't really chat to them I delete them, but if I know them I don't I wasn't on MFP for 7 months once, so I know what its like.

Good luck & anyone feel free to add me.
  • AUNique24
    AUNique24 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm having this problem as well...always encouraging others, but barely getting the same in return. I keep my friend numbers low so I can keep up with all my friends and provide support, but it seems that everyone else has 75+ friends so I guess I get lost on their page...I do have a few that always show support though. My mom (who I talk to daily, 2-3 times a day) and my stepdad reply to the majority of my posts...have some family members join and they will make you feel like a celebrity, LOL!
  • jrs5444
    jrs5444 Posts: 86
    Options
    I've found that out of the small group of friends I do have, there are three categories 1) super supportive and comments on most of my posts, 2) the ones who fade in and out, and 3) the ones who just make it look like I have a few more friends. And if I am being completely honest, I probably fall in one of these three categories with each of my friends. I admit, I tend to give more encouragement to the ones who fall in group1. My favorite ones are the ones who not only comment on my good days but who give me that slight nudge when I'm not doing so well...example, I have two messages this morning "Are you running today?" "Actually, I mean WHEN are you running today?" Honestly, that little message played a big role in me getting my butt out of bed this morning and doing what I needed to do.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Are you going to stop working on your fitness because people aren't cheering you on? Because the fact is, you can get all of the hoots and hollers and handies you can stand for a job well done, but if you're not in it for yourself, you're not going to be happy when (and if) you reach your goals.

Also, sometimes it helps to put yourself out there and chit-chat with people before demanding praise. Let people get to know you so they have a baseline for just how many Os to put on the end of their whoos.

pretty much what I was going to say. If your current friends arent giving you what you need (or demand) then find new ones. don't add friends just to add friends...find ones that give you what you desire.

me I don't need a ton of WTG (i actually prefer WTF)...my FL keeps me on my toes, notices when I am slipping and smacks me on the booty, and gives me pervy entertainment.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Only one or two people will post back to me ever.

As a % of your (current, no doubt soon to become larger) friends list that is about 10% which I think is average for a lot of people. I have people on my friends list who have several hundred friends and get plenty of comments. As a % of their overall list however it is much the same as yours.

Just become more active and request more friends and things will soon change.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Hey there you have to be active with others and write to them so that they recognise you and want to comment on your stuff.

I agree with this one.. I also realized that people will post you back when you do it to them. Honestly I'm one of those people :P
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    forever-alone-face.png?84cd58
  • bellarinabunny
    Options
    Add me! I'm there for you if you can be there for me!!!
  • ShanM0593
    ShanM0593 Posts: 36
    Options
    Yes! I completely agree. My friend list is small, and pretty inactive. I try to add new people that seem to be active and motivating but haven't added many, feel free to add me. :)
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    SAme here, I tried commenting on some of the few friends I have but noone ever comments on my posts :ohwell:
  • KellieLouise84
    Options
    feel free to add me... Been here just about 6months now and always try to comment on ppls achievements, big or small!! If anyone else would like to add me go ahead!!
  • HeatherHoskins
    HeatherHoskins Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    That happened to me when I first started. I had about 10 friends and things were very quiet. One day I joined a group and started to friend request people who seemed motivated. Now I have friends that are on here as much as me and always give feed back. If you don't have the type of friends that will motivate you, get some new ones. There are a ton of people on here.