What is crap food?

Options
124»

Replies

• bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Food which doesn't contribute effectively to my nutritional goals. That is all.

Jay
    This about sums up my stance on it.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    For me crap food = food that is restaurant made. Even the "homemade" restaurant foods
    Huh? All food is restaurant food. Anything homemade has been made in a restaurant.

And anything made in a restaurant can be made at home, generally with fewer calories, less sodium, less sugar, etc.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    McDonalds' menu board is a good starting point
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Actually homemade X can be very healthy! I ate it twice in this past week, and no, I did not gain 5 lbs.

You can control what goes on X. You can use Y and Z if you want. Always a better choice than A and easier to log since you KNOW what you put on X.

== the equation of not-crap.

Thank you! :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    For me crap food = food that is restaurant made. Even the "homemade" restaurant foods
    Huh? All food is restaurant food. Anything homemade has been made in a restaurant.

And anything made in a restaurant can be made at home, generally with fewer calories, less sodium, less sugar, etc.
    The original quote said "homemade" restaurant food is still crap. I agree with your point of view, which is not what the post seemed to say.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

How is all food restaurant food? Sure any dish can be prepared in a restaurant but the food I cook at home or somebody's elses home is not restaurant food...

The "homemade" restaurant foods refer to the homemade recipes that the restaurants advertise which is still high is calories, fat and sodium

But I'm sure you already knew that and like in the past, are just picking words to start yet another pointless argument over the internet because of pure boredom.
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

You would not be comfortable in my house. We make our own beer & wine and grow many of the ingredients needed. :)
    [/quote]

Perhaps not. But, the motivation I get from my results far exceeds any pleasure I may get from a good beer- and I LOVE beer. I do have a beer about once a month. In fact, I had one on Monday when I turned 50.

Homemade food and using locally grown fresh ingredients is a wonderful, fulfilling and positive step. Its much less toxic to our systems generally but does not necessarily by itself have any impact on our ability to lose weight. I did this for years and defended it strongly as you seem to do but for me I hit a plateau in my weight loss that would not budge no matter how I restricted calories and how much I worked out. It was only until, through the help of a trainer, that I was able to take things to a new level and thus bust through the plateau. It is all about maximizing the nutrition of every calorie you take in. I did it because I wasn't satisfied with where I was at. I understand that other folks would be content to stay there but I was not. I have close relatives including siblings that struggle with their weight and have diabetes, gout, etc. Some of them grow ALL of their food themselves and have greenhouses, etc. I knew I had to do something different. I had to do something radical- perhaps it is because I have less generous genetics than others.
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    For about 95% percent of people on here crap food constitutes anything processed or fast food.

Personally, I love crap food.. and always will have a soft spot for crap food. Have I cut down my fast food intake? Yes, I have a lot.. but I still eat it every now and then.
    Amen to that.
    Totally agree.
    Once in a while it doesn't hurt to have a macdonalds or a kfc. As long as it really is once in a while rather than once a week for me then I still love it.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    To me junk or crap food is food that has low nutritional value, and is high in fat, sugar and/or calories.