What made you decide to post a profile pic of yourself?

Options

Replies

• ksun10
    ksun10 Posts: 76
    Options
    Most of the people in my life are super supportive of me being on here and losing weight. Plus I wanted to show off my handsome pup! :)
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    why not??.. nothing to hide.. And if ppl I know find me here, they will see ive done GREAT!

:bigsmile:
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    It never occurred to me to NOT post a picture/pictures of myself.
    ^^this
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Because it wasn't a secret that I was getting big? I don't have all of my "Here's my SS/bank number/birthday/come find me" details on here, but I don't mind posting my face.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't care except that I'm often online at work. Wouldn't want my co-workers to know. :D
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I actually didn't for the first while. In part because both my sister and niece are members here and I knew it and I didn't want to start and do what I normally do, which is give up, in front of them.

But when it comes down to it, it was silly. They're great.

We're all here to make positive changes in our lives, and since the people where I live, and it is fairly small, know how fat I am... seriously, it's impossible to hide it... then there is no problem with them finding out that I'm trying to lose weight.

I'm me.
    I'm proud of what I'm trying to do.
    It's that simple.
  • StopherJJ
    StopherJJ Posts: 79
    Options
    I look at it much the same as I would walking down the street or entering a gym. It's no different, and the odds are the people you live around that are in your business won't see you on here lol :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    because i'm awesome.

<<<see???
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    cause I am soooooooooo good lookin' ... esp when surrounded by my fans
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    This is me?
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    For me it's about self-esteem and owning this process. Putting a face to all the hard work. I used to never, ever post pictures of myself anywhere but i'm so sick and tired of not feeling as good as everyone else. So people who judge me can shove it. Like someone else said, anyone judging me for being here and for being visible and accountable here has serious issues themselves...they WISH they could be as brave and make the changes i'm making. I've not got time for mess like that in my life.
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I personally do not really like having people on my list without pics only because I want to be able to help, hiding who you are is hiding too much when you are on here trying to get support. If you cannot let people in, then there is no sense in having friend on here or caring what we think, but that could just be my opinion.

I totally agree. It's so much easier to get excited for your friends when you can see them as they really are. We're all here because we're struggling with weight in some way so no one should ever judge or be harsh. There are always bad apples in every bunch, but you can make your profile private so only your friends see your information and posts.
  • Coco_UK
    Coco_UK Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    A number of reasons:

1) I think is nice for you all to see who you are dealing with.
    2) I dont use my real name and surname so I can protect my privacy when it comes to work, etc. (that way I keep my anonymity outside of this site)
    3) Only members can see me, if you are a member you are here too!!

Hope this makes sense.
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding:-) Have you encountered any bashing since you posted your pics?
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    A lot of people asking to see a picture of my head.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    So people can see my awesome pole skills

Wow...I mean, oh wow!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    It took me a while to change my profile picture from a cartoon character to an actual image of me.

A big part of the delay was due to the fact that even though I had lost weight, I still felt like a "fat" person who was not at all attractive enough to post a real picture.

I decided to post a picture when I tried on my last pair of "fat" pants after losing a significant amount of weight. There was almost enough room in my old pants for two of my new self! This change gave me the courage to post my picture.
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    This is what I look like in real life....
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I don't care if people see I am on here...why would I mind? Its not a cross dressing dog fetish site is it?

Isn't it?

Oh no! I'm in the wrong place!

Seriously though... part of learning to make healthy choices is learning to be confident in who you are. I considered leaving my pic out, but want to be true to myself. Plus, doesn't it make it nice when reading someone's post, to be able to see their smiling face? It is much easier to communicate openly with someone if you can see that they are "real" people, likely with the same insecurities most of us have, or have had in our lifetime.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Because, I'll probably never run into anyone on here in real life but if I do they can be all like "hi Bob" and the I can be all like "Hello" right back to them.