What made you decide to post a profile pic of yourself?

Options

Replies

• amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Because there is a spot for one.
  • BLSaw
    BLSaw Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Because most all people are here to support one another and if they arent, then screw em!!!
  • andcowsfly
    andcowsfly Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's not that I want anyone to know how much I weigh but I've always thought it was a great idea to better yourself. This website was also designed for people who have goals of gaining and maintaining weight. Most people aren't on here searching to see who is "fat". Anyone on here either is in the same situation or is open to yours and not judging you. :flowerforyou:
  • pastorhudson
    pastorhudson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There is no shame in taking care of yourself. Posting a picture, and telling people that you mean business about getting healthy creates accountability. Shame fear, and insecurity grow in the dark when we feel we have to hide something. I get it. I've been there. It's easy to hide behind the anonymity afforded in an online community, but doing so not only shelters you from any criticism, but also from a lot of encouragement, healthy intimacy, and friendship. Say cheese and step into the light. You'll get nothing but acceptance and encouragement from me :)
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm making a positive change for myself and trying to connect with people doing the same. It's much easier to get to know and encourage people you can put a name and face with it.

And to be honest, I have never felt "ashamed" to post my real weight. Most people on here are in the same boat and full of encouragement. Most just want to see you succeed, regardless of where you started from.
  • tinglesby
    tinglesby Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    you shouldnt be ashamed to belong to this website! were all here to make a positive change in our lives, and maybe make a few friends and gain support from others in our fitness journeys!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Pancakes... tis' all.

umm that is not all...you forgot Bacon...
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm not embarrassed with myself anymore. I'm proud of my loss and how I look and feel now. I'm bettering myself.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    It's me at my fattest <

while doing a sport I love to do (snowshoeing).

If you look close I'm wearing sunglasses so technically not showing my whole face. :)
  • Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    Go on do it, post that picture, you know you want to...everybody else is doing it!

^ this guy is funny
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    If you aren't proud of yourself and KNOW that you are worth it....nobody else will either! Confidence has been the biggest motivating favor for me!!
  • LeeshaNichole
    LeeshaNichole Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Personally I am more proud of spending an hour a day on MFP then on facebook-I don't know why you wouldn't want people to know you are on MFP. It is a great step in my new life style-I tell everyone I know about it! I also never thought about not posting a pic-I like to see who I am talking to and I figure others are the same way. I'm not ashamed of who I am-I'm ashamed of my weight but not of who I am..having a picture just says "HEY THIS IS WHO I AM-TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT!" Our fellow MFP-ers are wonderful people and will not judge and if there are a few who do-screw them! Not worth your time anyways! Just my opinion! :smile: :heart:
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I personally do not really like having people on my list without pics only because I want to be able to help, hiding who you are is hiding too much when you are on here trying to get support. If you cannot let people in, then there is no sense in having friend on here or caring what we think, but that could just be my opinion.

I agree!
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

What gave you the confidence to post a pic of yourself on a website for the world to see? I don't think I could do that. I'm from a small place where everyone is always in your business. Why don't you care who sees that you're on mfp? I'm curious!

Ramgi

"What other people think of you is none of your business."~Paulo Coelho
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It never occurred to me to NOT post a picture/pictures of myself.

^^
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I've been on the internet for years. It's not a big deal to me. Up until recently I posted mostly above the waist pictures because I wasn't happy with how I looked. My current picture shows pretty much my whole body because I'm finally becoming proud of how I look. (It took me a long time to realize I was fat, now it's taking me a while to realize I'm in better shape.)

ETA: I also enjoy the social aspect of this site and feel that pictures allow for better friendships.
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm doing something to better myself, why should you be ashamed that you're trying to get healthy?

Surely anyone who has something negative to say about the fact that you're trying to better yourself, isn't really worth your time?!
  • TheUglyFriend
    Options
    Because.......... IM SEXY AND I KNOW IT. DO DO DO DO DO...

But in all seriousness. When helping guide or support someone through their weight loss, it's nice to put a face with the conversation. Otherwise it seems we are talking to a robot and not a human being.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I don't care if people see I am on here...why would I mind? Its not a cross dressing dog fetish site is it?

Isn't it?

well....not officially......have you seen the hot looking spaniel pics?

<
    Well....he's not a hot spaniel, but he is a sexy pup and he knows it

To the OP, if you feel comfortable doing it, post a pic of yourself, if you don't .....post a pic of what ever else might strike your fancy :wink: This is a journey about you, and that in its self is fabulous.
    You can also modify who can see your profile and limit it to just friends...all of MFP or completely private.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Because I lost over 40 pounds and I can cross my legs now!:bigsmile: