What made you decide to post a profile pic of yourself?

Options

Replies

• beachloe
    beachloe Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything to hide. I am secure enough to post my pic without worrying about what others may think. If someone wants to criticize someone else for trying to better themselves, then they are the ones with the problem.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Because I am great, and I think my friends deserve to see my greatness.:bigsmile:

You have a cat as your profile picture. Are you a cat?

Only when the moon is right...
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    So people can see who I am. It's easier to communicate with folks if you know you are talking to a real person, not just an avatar, a blank avatar is even harder than a fake photo (which I don't like either).

I always use my own photo (excepting the current one as it is in memoriam to one of my friends, case in point she put pictures of herself on hers so I felt I knew her even though we never met face to face).

Do you know others are on here? You don't have to hook this up to facebook or anything. If you don't want people to know you are on here use an inventive screen name and don't bother to put a location or any other details except what you want to be known. I am sure people in your town are not going to scroll through the photos of a couple hundred thousand people to find you. If they SHOULD happen to come across your's by way of a thread or whatnot, then that means they are on here as well so what's the big deal?

JMHO
  • Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    Thank you for responding:-) Have you encountered any bashing since you posted your pics?

I think you are too worried about people ridiculing you. This is not high school. Most of us are grown @$$ people and are not here to bash others, not to mention there is a reason we are all here. You should never be ashamed of who you are or what people think. In the end, only your opinion really matters.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    At first I wasnt going to, but then I figured no one knows me here anyways!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    It never occurred to me to NOT post a picture/pictures of myself.

^^^^ this
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    Thank you for responding:-) Have you encountered any bashing since you posted your pics?

Yeah, kind of...it wasn't supposed to be really mean bashing or intentionally cruel but there have been comments that have hurt me. I'm very, very sensitive to that because i've been bullied and abused my entire life and it just hurts but it is what it is. People always feel they're in a position to put down the outer-shell of another human being not realizing or caring that the person at the core of the comment really, really doesn't need or deserve it. If YOU know you don't deserve it and hold on to that even when it hurts you can make it through how spiteful other human beings can be. It really is true, y'know. Those people calling you ugly on the outside are HIDEOUS on the inside and guess what? They're not happy about it and they would hate for you to know. You ever call a bully on what makes THEM insecure? Watch them jump to the defensive, watch the flicker of recognition in their eyes and, yes, the surprise that someone they have such a low opinion of, such a 'nothing' human being could ever fight back and see them for what they are. A bully only ever does so because they hate themselves so much at their core that they project their own self-loathing on to others. If you've survived bullying it doesn't matter your weight, your facial features, your aesthetic appearance or any of that other superficial bull****...if you're a survivor you're attractive, you're beautiful, you're admirable.
    Don't you be afraid of putting your picture up and don't you DARE let those voices from the past effect your ability to take hold of this new journey in your life with both hands and really, really kick some *kitten*. Wear your picture with pride, you're wonderful.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Because that no picture icon is ugly.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Cause like pretty much everyone else said, its cool that you might actually see someone on here that you might know.

Don't I know you from somewhere? :bigsmile:
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    to show off my newly forged arm cannons pfft why else, pure vanity
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    It's not like anyone can find me with it.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    My first two rounds of weight loss with MFP did NOT include a photo.
    I only used the site to track calorie intake and exercise.
    When I decided to interact and seek support, I put up a fake photo of some guy modeling big and tall clothes. Anybody remember this guy from 2010?
    image7.jpg
    This was me!
  • FitBarbie2986
    FitBarbie2986 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I just think its great to see a face of whom your speaking with :)
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    It never occurred to me to NOT post a picture/pictures of myself.

This- Also im proud of where I came from and where I am going....it makes me smile to see the chubby me right next to the healthy strong me!
  • akoivisto
    akoivisto Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Pancakes... tis' all.
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Go on do it, post that picture, you know you want to...everybody else is doing it!
  • tdtl07
    tdtl07 Posts: 33
    Options
    I had a picture of myself but I took it down. Once I get to the point where I want to be at, I will put it up again. Until then enjoy a picture of scenery from my state. lol
  • Kelsbellz
    Kelsbellz Posts: 142 Member
    Options

No one is going to bash, we're here to support each other along this journey. Besides, if you take a look around, there are more people that have profile pictures posted than not. Good luck!
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    Cause i'm a stone cold fox. And all the ladies want to pet my ferret.

I'll pet your ferret! Haha, ferret's are awesome.
  • starringmelissa
    Options
    I am trying to better myself, so I couldn't careless who happens to find me on here :-)

This^^

People should just be happy I want to be healthy. Though, its not their business either way!