What made you decide to post a profile pic of yourself?

Options

Replies

• ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am trying to better myself, so I could careless who happens to find me on here :-)

200% AGREE!

this
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Pancakes... tis' all.

Waffles are superior in their ability to keep the syrup and butter from escaping. Where do you think you're going you sweet juicy calories? Stay right were I can easily get to you.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I didn't post a picture until I started interacting with people.
    I like seeing who I am talking too, so I figured they could see who they were talking to too.
  • mommaPeach72
    Options
    I posted a profile pic because I avoid unpleasant things, and even though I know how large I am, I still try to bury it and not think about it. By putting up my pic, I am able to look at it and be accountable to that truth. Hope that made sense....
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Pancakes... tis' all.

Waffles are superior in their ability to keep the syrup and butter from escaping. Where do you think you're going you sweet juicy calories? Stay right were I can easily get to you.

YES! Get in ma mouth!!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I don't usually accept friend requests if there is not a real picture of them. I feel like It is much more personal when I can see their face and progress. I don't like when people hide behind an impersonal photo. It makes me feel like they are not really committed, like they want to be anonymous incase they don't stick with it. When you post your picture its like your putting your little face out there in cyber world and it says, "I am here. Look at me, support me, encourage me and watch me go!"
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    My transformation and physical condition < someone else's motivation.
  • Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    Along with posting a picture, I feel that if you are going to post a topic in a forum about problems losing weight, I think you should also have your diaries open and goals so we know what is going on to better support you as a group, (sry had to add it because I see it too often.)
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    *Shrugs* Didn't really give it much thought. I'm not embarrassed to be here.
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Because my face used to be huge, I've lost 40 pounds and now I have cheekbones.
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love the responses. I thought I'd get mostly the same reply over and over. I may get over my shyness and post a pic of myself one day soon:-) You're all so encouraging. I really appreciate it!
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    This post made me realize I had posted a profile picture, but it is of a fresco painting from the Vatican's ceiling that I love... and not of me. :) So thanks for the topic, I've now added pictures of ME to my profile. :)
  • fishergreen
    fishergreen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    A lot of people asking to see a picture of my head.

It's actually nice to know you are not just a torso and that your handsome face matches the rest of you.
  • karencogs
    karencogs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Because I like to see who I am talking too..It makes it more friendly..:)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    so my friends can recognize me in the feed.
    so i can see my progress change
    to give a giggle now and then
    to express myself as an individual
    to be a pop of color or light
    to remind myself to smile
    to see the small changes each time I put up a new one
    to be easier to recognize

because im not another faceless statistic with no identity in an ocean of people, 90% of which are doing it wrong and drowning.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    < me and my Daughters x
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    My transformation and physical condition < someone else's motivation.

^This!
  • TheUglyFriend
    Options
    I love the responses. I thought I'd get mostly the same reply over and over. I may get over my shyness and post a pic of myself one day soon:-) You're all so encouraging. I really appreciate it!

Nobody here knows you personally, so why be shy about a picture? It doesn't have to be of your body or of yourself for that matter. Apparently there are a lot of cats that want to loose weight on MFP. We are here for support not to talk down on your looks.
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Because I am great, and I think my friends deserve to see my greatness.:bigsmile:

Couldn't have said it better myself :)
  • Dayna5K
    Dayna5K Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It never occurred to me to NOT post a picture/pictures of myself.
    ^^this
    ^^^
    THIS