need friends who are starting running or are runners!

Options
I have recently realised that i love running; i ran my first ever 5k!!! :) i want to take this further and need support and people looking to do the same and help motivate me for a 10k! :)

Replies

• ethanhennard
    Options
    Aha! Love to see fellow runners on here. It's so much freedom! I'm trying to work my way up to running a lot but it's hard after almost 3 years of not doing anything! haha
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I started running in January myself! I have so far ran two 5km races and I am about to work on my 3rd. I am not sure if I am quite prepared to take on the challenge of 10kms yet, but definitely plan to do it in December.

Add me if you want some running support. I need some too! :):)
  • valj77
    valj77 Posts: 26
    Options
    i am working myself up tu running. currently i do a walk/jog
  • nicolefrances1977
    nicolefrances1977 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am working my way to a regular 5k. I just finished the Dirty Girl Mud Run 5K. It was so much fun. I also love running. The funny thing is I use to hate running. Feel free to add me if you need supportive running friends.
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready for a half marathon in Sept. Welcome to the club.:happy:
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I was training for a marathon until I got a severe case of cellulitis on my leg, but after a month and a half of being laid up, I'm back to running at least a 5k.

Feel free to add me. :)
  • megdtuttle
    megdtuttle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my first half marathon right now!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I am a runner. I love running!! Feel free to add me.
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    Here! Here! I'm addicted to running! I crave it every day!

Can't wait to lace of my Brooks and get out there today when I get home! Feel free to add me! :drinker:
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, I like to trail run and do obstacle races. I've also been to Rio a couple years ago if you need any tips. :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

I run about 45km/week. I have a half marathon scheduled for August; I'm thinking of running a Super Spartan in September and I'm going to race my first ever 5k in October.
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    yea. running is awesome. Its my work out of choice. i run all the time. typically i run about 3-5 miles 5 days per week. i love running. it gives me such a high, and it helps me run off my aggressions.

feel free to add me if you want. :)
  • Mustaine4Pres
    Options
    I'm also working up to running. i currently walk\jog 3.6 miles, 4 - 5 days a week. about a third of this is uphill. I am really enjoying being outdoors and my husky is a great running partner (formerly a sled dog). add me if you like. i'm doing my first 5k on Aug. 26th. Not sure i can run the whole way yet, but i've only been at this continuously for a few weeks. trying to learn to breathe properly :)
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hello fellow runner. have have taken up running since feb this year and love it apart from the heavy rain and do a 5k run every saturday with park run they have them all ove the world and you download your personal barcode and that it you run at your own comfortable pace and you get your time and try to beat it next time and you meet other runners and gain more support and advice have a look at there web page and see for your self
    and if you wish to add me as a friend then you can see how I am doing
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I am a beginner, and just ran my first half last May. Now, I am thinking about training for a late September half.

Cheers on starting - it gets a bit addicting!
  • alimarieban
    alimarieban Posts: 141
    Options
    In the process of doing the C25K program. Plan on running a 5K at the end of August. Please add me- any of you! I could use the support and help from people who run!!
  • IamL
    IamL Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I started C25K a few months ago, but I stopped due to health issues. Those issues are now resolved, and I have been wanting to start again! :D I really enjoy running!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I started running about 6 weeks ago. Just ran 3 miles straight for the first time today! Have a 5K coming up in about 2 weeks. After that....who knows?? Want to do a few more 5Ks and 10Ks. A friend of mine is trying to talk me into a 15K in November! EEK!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have been running pretty consistently for about 15 years. Mostly I run to keep healthy and to keep my sanity, but I have completed quite a few good races of various distance over the years. My lifetime goal is to run a full marathon, but I have yet to decide that I am ready to make that commitment. Currently I try to run three days/ week, anywhere from 3-8 miles.
  • tatianalouissa
    tatianalouissa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my first 1/2 marathon! I love running, even though I am still in the starting out stage (again).