need friends who are starting running or are runners!

Options

Replies

• crazy_indeed
    crazy_indeed Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I try to run every night, typically I suceed 5 out of 7 days. Feel free to add me if you need an extra push. My favorite runs are mud runs.
  • EmIsabel
    EmIsabel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I would still consider myself a pretty beginner runner. It has grown on me since March when I really started training. I did my First 5km May 5th, 2012! It was a pretty cool accomplishment. I have another one I'm participating in come Sept/Oct.

Keep it up!! :)
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I can't claim anything very close to "running" just yet. I can possibly go as far as to claim "Speed Waddling", or "jog-waddle-gasp-n-walk". I'm just healing up from a rather stupid choice. I've worn arch supports for years, but I got some new shoes that tricked me into believing that they had enough support to run without the inserts. I didn't tear anything, but I did heavily strain both MCL's. So a month later I am just starting up again WITH a set of spanking new arch supports.
  • sstewart75
    sstewart75 Posts: 27
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Ive been running since January this year. It has definately helped with the weight loss, I run 5k regularly and completed a 10k last month. :happy:
  • OMGlob
    OMGlob Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nice one!! I started with c25k and honestly thought I was going to die. I was on inhalers etc and it really hurt to try to run BUT...... I stuck with it and have now done loads of 5ks, a handful of 10ks, a half marathon and am due to do a full marathon in October plus the Adidas thunder run in just 3 weeks time (eek!)..

That c25k was last year. I'm never going to be a fast runner but, hey, at least I'm covering the distance. Stick with it - your body will hate you at first but end the end it will be eternally grateful you did it :-)

Ps - if you can find a local Parkrun you won't regret it!
  • Carofab16
    Carofab16 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am doing a half marathon too in September!! :)
  • Carofab16
    Carofab16 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love running. the best feeling in the world! I am training now for a half marathon in september... :)
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    Im hoping to do my first half marathon in March, i love running add me if you like!! :smile:
  • craigy_84
    craigy_84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've just started myself. I live near a 400m track so I'm using that for my runs.

Looking to do a half marathon next year and the odd few 10k runs.

So any running friends on here would be an extra boost. Feel free to add!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! :)

I've done one 5K, 2 mud run, and I am currently training for a half-marathon.

Welcome to the club!!
  • jrs5444
    jrs5444 Posts: 86
    Options
    Started c25k a few weeks ago! Would love to have some friends on here who are runners...especially beginners but seasoned runners would be nice too...we all have to start somewhere =)
  • samasche1
    samasche1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Could also use more MOTIVATING running friends! Feel free to add me-anyone! :)
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm a new runner, and already addicted to the feeling of freedom. I have two 5k's coming up soon, and hoping to be ready for a 15k in the fall. Need more running friends! Especially low carbers!
  • godsrose
    godsrose Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to running. I just signed up for my first 5K September 23rd. You can add me. Looking for people new to running to keep me motivated.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I started to c25k last fall and ran my first 5K in Oct. Since then I have added two more 5K's, two 10K's and a 12K. Am ready and willing to do a 1/2 as soon as it gets cool enough (I live in Mississippi). Add me if you like~the more the merrier!
  • piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me :)

I've run 2 half marathons and a ton of shorter races.
  • 1234567kate9
    Options
    add me if you want! I just ran my first 5k in years yesterday, really excited :)

ps anyone on the thread feel free to add me!
  • ksun10
    ksun10 Posts: 76
    Options
    Working on running a half marathon some day. I usually run 5-7 days a week. Today I ran 3.9 miles. Add me if you would like
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Fairly new to running myself. Did 5km Race for Life back in June (this is the first time I've managed to run it all) - and although I'm very slow (5km takes me 35-38 mins), I love it. I am slowly building up my distance. I regularly (3 times per week) manage 5km each time, so 15km per week. I love it, definitely caught the running bug. :-)

I have started to add 0.5km to one run per week, and on Monday this week, I did manage 5.6km without stopping. So it's definitely going the right way. I am building up to a 10km - although I've no event booked per say. I'd like to be able to do a 10km run at weekends, keeping my shorter runs (3-5km at lunchtimes midweek) - that's the aim anyway.

Add me if you like... and good luck with it xx
  • ShadowSP7
    ShadowSP7 Posts: 53
    Options
    I have recently realised that i love running; i ran my first ever 5k!!! :) i want to take this further and need support and people looking to do the same and help motivate me for a 10k! :)

I'm trying to train for a 5k run, feel free to add me if you like.