How much do you pay for a gym membership?

Options

Replies

• pwreid
    pwreid Posts: 1
    Options
    Planet fitness $10.00 a month
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    Monthly 31

Only because it is 24/7...open 365 days a year
    All class are free
    Sauna

Alot of stuff that I have yet to pay attention to
  • jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    I joined a world gym that was built about a year ago or so on the way home from work. Gets crowded at times, but I usually go in the mornings and have no problem. $10/month
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Here in MD, my local gym is $40 a month, and I get my money's worth as I go to the gym for 1 hour every weekday which works out to be $2.00 a day 8).

Shop around for what you want/need in a gym. Some offer daycare, some are 24 hours, some have pools, some offer trainers, etc. Check out the reviews(if available). The money you pay out will only be worth it(whatever the amount) if you are using the gym and enjoying it!
  • MENichols5
    MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I had the choice of $15 a month at a gym on my way home from work or $40 a month at the gym that is a 1 minute walk from my work. I chose the more expensive one because I knew after a 45 minute drive I would be less likely to stop at the gym! Walking across the street is way easier and gives me less time to change my mind :laugh: so I pay extra for convenience!

I am considering working with a personal trainer because my motivation to work out has slipped recently. It's $460 for 20 sessions which seems like a lot to me, but really is just $23 a session. IDK big decision!
  • Bean615
    Bean615 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i pay 79 a month. i think its worth it because they have great hours and have everything to offer from a pool to babysitting, etc.
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    $22 a month at the Rush includes childcare, free classes, indoor pool, sauna, hot tub, the list goes on and on. Plus I can bring up to two people with me free anytime.
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Ftiness 19 $10 per month, there is yearly maint fee of $20, and a join fee of $50 ininitally. I prefer the personal attendion at the smaller Gym, I was with 24hr Fitness but accidently forgot to renew membership and to rejoin it was very high, and the reviews of the one close to me were horrible, thus Fitness 19 is 15 mins down the road and suits me better. They also seem to have a better grade of personal trainners there than I have had at the other gym, or maybe I just got lucky this time.
  • 140Aimee
    140Aimee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I pay £33 a month concession fee, but it's usually £45 a month. I only really use the swimming pool at the moment and they don't have just a swim membership you need the whole lot which is abit of a bummer, but ah well, i'm enjoying the swimming and lots of it. :)
  • nick1109
    nick1109 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    £10 per month for Pure gym, they are open 24/7!
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My gym is $10 a month but I recently upgraded to the $20 a month package because then you can do spinning classes and go to any of the gyms in their chain
  • katie021589
    Options
    planet fitness 20 a month and they waive the enrollment fee if you use a checking account
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Thankfully, my workplace has a Healthy Lifestyles program and part of that commitment on the company's part is to provide a gym and showers. It's not a great gym, but the showers are what I use the most since I bicycle in to work frequently.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    $28 per month. classes included. Paid a full year up from and for a month free.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    $0 I'm an instructor, the best perk...get certified/licensed to teach something you love
    and you get paid to do it...Awesome!

Thinking about doing this when I near goal. Can't beat getting paid to workout!

Although I'll also have to be a lot more social than I am at the moment. Those darn humans, cluttering up the place and ruining a perfectly good job!

Maybe I should try to get a job testing new equipment instead! :laugh:
  • CeeJourney
    CeeJourney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Currently with LA Fitness & paying $42 a month (with tax) ... I just recently cancelled my membership tho! I'm switching over to Planet Fitness for $10/month !!!
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    $16 a month, but I was a member at Bally's forever, so they've been keeping me. LA Fitness bought them, so I got the benefit of a one-year-old gym for $16 a month!:drinker:
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    £26 a month for all gym, swimming and classes! I do 4-6 classes a week and they're all £5/£6 each so, it's well worth it! I have regular reviews, know my instructors and feel it's a bargain for what I get to be honest!
  • Rdahl2
    Rdahl2 Posts: 90
    Options
    Gold's Gym. My hubby pays $24.99 and he can bring a guest everytime he goes which is me of course and since we were switching gyms, the signup was only $1.00. :wink:
  • tungsten93
    tungsten93 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I had the choice of $15 a month at a gym on my way home from work or $40 a month at the gym that is a 1 minute walk from my work. I chose the more expensive one because I knew after a 45 minute drive I would be less likely to stop at the gym! Walking across the street is way easier and gives me less time to change my mind :laugh: so I pay extra for convenience!

I am considering working with a personal trainer because my motivation to work out has slipped recently. It's $460 for 20 sessions which seems like a lot to me, but really is just $23 a session. IDK big decision!

$23 a session sounds great to me. I pay a lot more than that for my trainer but he really pushes me so I figure it's worth it. I admire people who can do it all on their own, though.