The Undeniably best way to lose weight

Options

Replies

• Fitfortat
    Fitfortat Posts: 47
    Options
    Darn I was pretty sure there was a magic pill that all the skinny people were hiding from the rest of us! Hmmmphhh you mean I'm just gonna have to eat healthy and move more LOL. Who'd a thunk?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    1. Eat in a way that you can do daily (who cares if it's paleo, vegan, moderate, etc.), but ensuring you get in your daily macro/micro nutrients with a sustainable and reasonable calorie deficit.

2. Do some physical activity that you can sustain for life.

3. Be CONSISTENT.

4. Consider paying me lots of money to kick your *kitten* if you can't follow above.

THE END

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    So, eat right, exercise and seek help if required?
    That's it?
    No magic wands, miracle pills, macro revelations, far eastern discoveries, exotic enzymes, divination or hidden roots or berries from the rain forest?
    Just eat right and exercise :sad: :sad: :sad:

i just saw someone today i hadnt seen in months who asked how i lost weight.. she actually rolled her eyes when i said eat right, exercise an hour a day and just stick with it :laugh:
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, it took many years for me to GET IT!!!!! It has to be a part of your everyday life...for the rest of your life!!!!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Thank you for keeping it SIMPLE!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    1. Eat in a way that you can do daily (who cares if it's paleo, vegan, moderate, etc.), but ensuring you get in your daily macro/micro nutrients with a sustainable and reasonable calorie deficit.

3. Be CONSISTENT.

4. Consider paying me lots of money to kick your *kitten* if you can't follow above.

THE END

IDEA Fitness member
    So, eat right, exercise and seek help if required?
    That's it?
    No magic wands, miracle pills, macro revelations, far eastern discoveries, exotic enzymes, divination or hidden roots or berries from the rain forest?
    Just eat right and exercise :sad: :sad: :sad:

i just saw someone today i hadnt seen in months who asked how i lost weight.. she actually rolled her eyes when i said eat right, exercise an hour a day and just stick with it :laugh:
    People can't accept truth.
    Pure, undiluted truth is poison to most dolts waddling around.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Apparently I've spent too much time on Facebook, because I really want to click "Like" on this post. :happy:
  • cdnwinter79
    Options
    Can you come kick my *kitten* for a while?
    I can pay you in cookies! ;)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Number 3 was always the hardest in the past but somehow, this time, I've got this.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    so... wait... let me see if i have this right...

eat only lettuce and an apple. run 18 miles a day to start. slather self in baby oil and do tai chi on my front lawn.

do i have that right?
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Dumb question but can you further explain macro vs. micro nutrients? I see a lot of people throwing those terms around on here and I am not convinced they know what they mean... (I know I don't)
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

3. Be CONSISTENT.

THE END

IDEA Fitness member

I will way more than just consider it....I'd LOVE to have a trainer!!!!

I read the title and my first thought was "Get up off your f@#$ing @ss!" :laugh:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Dumb question but can you further explain macro vs. micro nutrients? I see a lot of people throwing those terms around on here and I am not convinced they know what they mean... (I know I don't)

Macro nutrients are protein, fat, carbohydrates and alcohol. Micronutrients are vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, antioxidants and everything else you get out of food.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options

3. Be CONSISTENT.

THE END

IDEA Fitness member

I seem to have skipped Step 4. Oh well. The other 3 work pretty well! :laugh:
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Love It
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    so, how much do you charge?? LOL
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    You had me right up to the "kick my *kitten*" part. I am willing if you let me gain a bit of muscle in my *kitten* first:drinker: :drinker:

Dead on info btw, imho, LOL!! Humble, well, I try;)

3. Be CONSISTENT.

THE END

IDEA Fitness member
  • sunrize_sc
    sunrize_sc Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    That's such a refreshing change to hear you are in it for others. So many just want to make that almighty dollar and do not have compassion for their clients.
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    What?! You're not charging me for this advice, or making special foods, or writing an ebook with full-page teasers?!
    You have lost out on a great market!! :brokenheart:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

IMO, ^^^ THIS is the big one. Unless you plan on running for the rest of your life, dont take up running. If you are knocking yourself out at the gym and then plan when you get to your goal to let your membership lapse, dont join. If you only bought a bike so you could burn some calories but figure you can let one of your relatives have it when you are done, dont buy the bike. Find some exercise that you will at least NOT mind doing for the rest of your life or you may not have much chance of keeping the weight off.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

IMO, ^^^ THIS is the big one. Unless you plan on running for the rest of your life, dont take up running. If you are knocking yourself out at the gym and then plan when you get to your goal to let your membership lapse, dont join. If you only bought a bike so you could burn some calories but figure you can let one of your relatives have it when you are done, dont buy the bike. Find some exercise that you will at least NOT mind doing for the rest of your life or you may not have much chance of keeping the weight off.

I disagree. People grow to love running, biking, going to the gym as they get fitter and progress with whatever activity it is. If they were voluntarily sedentary and they only considered activities that they could see themselves doing for the rest of their lives, they might still be sitting on the couch. You have to try things out and give them a fair shake, and that often means forcing yourself to do something you don't like right away.