Petite girls r u struggling w last 10 pounds??? 5'1" - 5'3"

Options

Replies

• chardonnepaynter
    Options
    You are not the only one! I am 5' In college I was 110 soaking wet and now I seem to fluctuate between 130 and 135 lbs. Miserable! Check out dieting and exercises for your body type endomorph, mesomorph etc. That is the only thing that seems to be working at this time for myself. Good luck to all of the petite ladies!
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, it's so comforting to read this thread. I'm 118, got to a low of 110 (but in a super unhealthy way) and now trying to get back down and recomp, because even at that weight I was skinny fat :(

Keep up the good work ladies!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". My highest weight was 148, currently I'm at around 138. I have the same problem others have mentioned, my body "likes" to be about 140. It's hard to push past that. My goal right now is 130.
  • nanamichiaki
    Options
    i'm 5'2 and 110! but it's really hard to lose fat around my tummy. i think i'm apple shaped, but im not sure?? apparently i have very skinny arms and legs. my stomach is my problem area, i always gain fat around the middle. :\ erkk i still look skinny fat
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and I am finding it very hard to keep that last 10 pounds off again, seems like no matter what I eat or how much exercise I do it creeps up, and 10 pounds is alot to petite girls ..its like 20 pounds to taller people....*sigh*....I don't know what the issue is? I havent changed anything... i've gone from 110 in March to 119.6 today!!! Its very discouraging as I spend everyday at the gym, I feel like this is a big waste of time if I am still gonna gain weight...why should I bother ...anyone else out there having the same issue ?

YEEEEEESSSSS! I lost it once, It crept back on, and now it is take FOR_EV_ER!
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I understand the struggle...those last few vanity pounds are hard to lose! I started out at around 158 (at 5'1, yikes) and have maintained 98 pounds for a long while now...the first forty pounds went off pretty quickly, but it took me double the time to go from 110 to now!

I actually had to bump up my calories...I hadn't been losing at 1500-1600 so I bumped to 1900-2100 for the last ten pounds (combined with heavy lifting). It came off slowly but surely. Just remember it may take time but it will happen!
  • Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Fellow petite friend herex
  • Pritree
    Pritree Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I understand the struggle...those last few vanity pounds are hard to lose! I started out at around 158 (at 5'1, yikes) and have maintained 98 pounds for a long while now...the first forty pounds went off pretty quickly, but it took me double the time to go from 110 to now!

I actually had to bump up my calories...I hadn't been losing at 1500-1600 so I bumped to 1900-2100 for the last ten pounds (combined with heavy lifting). It came off slowly but surely. Just remember it may take time but it will happen!

I'm in the same boat too! That's amazing that you had to bump your calories up that much to lose the last of the weight - very impressive weight loss!!
  • hayalaham
    Options
    bump so i can return to this
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Yup, 5'3" and these last 10 are the hardest to get off for sure.
  • annieevieollie2
    Options
    Hey, this is my first post! I'm 5'3 and looking to get down from 124lbs to at least 114. Just had two babies 12 months apart so my body has totally changed and needs trimming and shaping up! Lost 2lbs already, and go running and doing the 30 day shred most days. Crap with motivation in the evenings when kids are in bed though. Will power dissolves! I've been attempting the 5:2 diet, or the 4:3, for the last week but struggling. Any one want a buddy? xx
  • shengaliing
    shengaliing Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with the last ten pounds... I'm currently at 105 lbs and would very much like to get down to 95 lbs.
  • crystalmigazzi
    crystalmigazzi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd love a buddy :) I just completed my family of 3 kids and now that I know I'm done with pregnancies ready to get in the best shape! I'm currently 5'2 and 130. I was 105 before all 3 kids and always only got down to 116 between pregnancies. I'd like to learn or follow someone who eats more calories to see what you eat? I can easily get back down to 116 with 1200 calories and cardio but those last 10!grrr also what weights do you do.
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm a little bit taller I'm 5'4''and I had a similar problem for years. But now I'm finally losing those last pounds. I'm down to 112 and my goal is 110. For years I've stayed at 121-123 lbs and couldn't get below that until I really took hold of my diet. I realized that I needed to restrict more and really avoid cheat days since I don't have much weight to lose. My weight is not going to come off until I mean business. I start restricting calories more and working out more. Then the pounds start coming off. Be patient, log everything, make sure you are below your daily caloric needs with some 300 calorie allowance since most food labels are off by tens of calories.
  • LaraRN
    LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Do you feel like your body has changed? I'm thinking since you work out so often, maybe you are gaining muscle mass which is showing up on the scale? Sometimes the numbers just don't matter, especially if you're in great shape.
  • emelyssa
    Options
    How many calories do you log a day? Also, what kind of exercise do you do at the gym? If you want to lose weight fast, go swimming every day- just fun, leisurely swimming- and do 1200 calories. That is how I lost 10 pounds. I'm short, like you. : )
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I'm also struggling to lose that last 10lbs. I've lost 73lbs to far...
  • Florida_Superstar
    Florida_Superstar Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe this thread is still going. I read the whole thing, which started years ago, and then I saw the last post was just yesterday! I'm 5'2" and hover around 120. I was 115 for a loooong time. Then I started taking the birth control pill. I initially gained 9 pounds and weighed 124 for a few months. I quit taking the pill because I was so upset about my weight. But when I stopped taking it I only lost 4 pounds instead of the whole 9. My body also went through some kind of composition shift at that time. I had weight in my stomach, which NEVER happens to me. It is so upsetting because I didn't change anything with my habits. I work out 6x a week, which includes lifting weights on Monday, boot camp on Tuesday, Spin Wednesday, lift Thursday, Spin Friday, Step and lift on Saturday. I eat super clean and drink tons of water. The only things I do "wrong" are eat cereal for breakfast-- whole grain and healthy, all measured out in a small portion--but I suppose I could cut out those grains and see what happens. Also, my workout routine is really strenuous, but it's pretty much the same week after week--guess I could switch up my workout and see what happens. I'm 43 and I feel like my hard work toward a healthy diet and a good fitness routine is useless. I saw suggestions about exercising LESS... Too chicken to try that! Any success stories out there? I'm going to change my workout routine for a couple weeks and see what happens. Giving up cereal would be harder, so I'll try the workout changes first. I'll check back in and update you. Good luck ladies!
  • pinkLyfe
    pinkLyfe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Following