Petite girls r u struggling w last 10 pounds??? 5'1" - 5'3"

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I am going to start fresh on monday, don't really know what that means yet since I have been keeping track of calories and carbs for some while, lol. But, I think I will up my cardio this week. I am going to alternate my workouts to an hour of cardio Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and then on my other days do my usual resistance training with mixed cardio.
    I am considering ordering a heart rate monitor to better track calories burned, does anyone have any success with these?
    Good luck everyone! :)

I have the Polar FT7 and love it.
  • keepmoving32
    keepmoving32 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been gaining for about two years. I hear ya. I am 5'2 and was at one point a slim 117. I am in the 130's now. It sucks being short because there is no place for the fat to "spread" to. lol
  • Ashly744
    Ashly744 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm 5'0 and I'm currently have just under 10lbs to lose. I've upped my calories, lowered my calories, upped my cardio, lowered my cardio, and I have now added strength training to my workout routine. I've also researched my TDEE and changed my macros so I will see where that takes me.
  • evilpixiegrrr
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and I'm struggling with the last 4 lbs. It's coming off really slow, but it's still coming off. I just have to persevere!
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm not a petite girls but I like them does that count?

Anyway I was going to say try over-shooting what you want to lose. That means go under by 5-10 pounds. Then start to maintain.

Also if you have trouble even getting there in the first place try bumping up your calories. Also no need to do weight training to lose weight. You may even gain weight because of greater muscle mass.

I think many girls will also lose weight by eating way too little. Try to find a slight deficit at as high a level as you can so you have some room left to go further down. If you already start off really low you can't go any lower.
  • blnana814
    Options
    The scale finally budged by 1-2 pounds, will keep weighing to make sure it is not water weight lol! At last though, that is enough motivation to keep going. If accurate, I have lost 4 pounds since January the 3rd. VERY VERY slow I know, but at least it is progress! I am going to try and keep my calories at 1200 on days that I don't workout, and if I do cardio, try eating those calories back like everyone has suggested. Maybe even in the form of just some good ole almond milk! MMM, must keep going!
  • aneetar
    aneetar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    More like the last 20! I'm about 140 pounds, but want to get back to 120. Highest was about 150-154 two years ago, lowest since was 130 a year ago :(

What are my excuses? Life in hot hot country makes outdoor exercise, or indoor exercise in non-airconditioned spaces extremely unpleasant - think involuntary dehydration and cramps. My schedule and long commute aren't helping. I have to sit long hours at my desk in order to write so that's more poundage on the bottom, not to mention how cranky it's making me.

On the good side, I can now take several flights of stairs while having a phone conversation without my chest giving up. I couldn't do this when I was 150. How to build on these micro gains in fitness? Any advice? And however infinitesimally, I have crawled into size S - my former refuge size M seems like a termite tent most days!

Given my build and all, I get a paltry 1200 calories to eat if I want to lose a pound a week, so I am now reconciled to losing only half a pound, assuming no exercise, to eat about 1450 cals a day which is what I seem to need most days. So I reach goal end 2014, but so what. I've had enough of the extra padding.
  • lilcutemonkees
    lilcutemonkees Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My recent readings have thrown out that too much exercise actually has the opposite effect; especially too much long cardio. By overworking the body for long periods of time, you increase your endurance but at the same time the body will try and hold on to fat to fuel your long runs etc.
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Those last 8 pounds are stuck like butter!
  • yourstrulytolu
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and trying to get down to 100lb and my heaviest was about 130lb while my lowest was about 110lb! I'm trying to lose weight for summer, so I'm constantly weighing myself - except at first my scales were wrong (told me that I was nearly 2 stone heavier than I actually was). My weight fluctuates constantly throughout the day - but at the moment I weigh around 118lb and have lost 5 pounds so far. I found these 5 pounds really quite easy to lose in a couple of weeks - but the last 18 pounds that I'm trying to shift doesn't seem to want to go!
  • 98bikinisuitedlbs
    98bikinisuitedlbs Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 on a lucky day and having about 10-14 pounds to go. I will see where I feel good at. I have not been this current weight (142) in a VERY LONG time!!!! Since like the year 2000!!
  • KatMicNYC
    KatMicNYC Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your food? Isn't it possible your maintenance calorie intake is too high?
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    ⭐️
  • mustangtiff21
    mustangtiff21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Struggling is an understatement. ....ive managed to lose 123 lbs but dang....I want to break into the 118# range....currently hanging sround 130-132....I will admit I've stopped running ao many that will help..who knows. .