Miracle 7 day diet- LOSE 40 lbs THIS WEEK!

Options

Replies

• poloplayer76
    Options
    This is the diet they give to extremely obese people in hospital before an operation to make them lose weight quickly. I think its called the Sacred Heart Diet - DNT DO IT!
  • sofakingawesome69
    Options
    You say Potato, I say Potawtoe?? Let's call the whole thing off..
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    this is all sarcasm, right?

Me, sarcastic...no m'aam... just a giving person...that's what I do...I am a problem solver!

What problem did you solve?
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    That is basically the cabbage soup diet recipe & schedule... I've done it & once you get to the 3rd or 4th day you want to quit. Looks easy but it's harder than it looks! Eating just soup not very filling & it has a LOT of sodium in the broth & veggies. You retain so much water weight! I got dizzy, light headed, weak & couldn't make it. I didn't lose a pound within half a week. I couldn't exercise because I started blacking out. So I don't think this "quick fix" will solve anything.

really? i think soup is very filling. i make a homemade chicken vegetable soup and it is incredibly delicious and filling.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    I have done this diet. We use to call it the Dolly Parton diet. She use to do this twice a year.
    She could lose 40lbs by getting a smaller boob job.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • helencita13
    helencita13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Jeez, If only I knew this BEFORE I joined MFP...screw doing things the healthy way! I haven't been to the doctor for anything in quite a while now so, what the heck, I'm in!
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    This is something like the Mayo Clinic Diet.

Why in the world???? I think all the quick fixes should be eliminated off the face of the planet.
  • sara200135
    Options
    Yikes! The soup diet... this diet is why I can't enjoy soup anymore, YUCK!!
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    i-loled.jpg

This had me cracking the *kitten* up!!!!!

For those of you that are taking this seriously and being rude....eff off! :laugh:
  • dreamin2bethin
    dreamin2bethin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    bump...for mild entertainment
  • gretchenwb
    gretchenwb Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This is the Cabbage Soup diet developed by some cardiologists to help some heart patients lose weight quickly....it is reported to work...40 pounds is a stretch though. Google cabbage soup diet and read. As all quick weight loss diets-it is difficult to maintain long term. You still need to keep up all your good lifestyle changes. Just my opinion, no sarcasm at all.:)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    One word of advice. Baby wipes work great on raw bottom.
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    i dont think this is real, we're just giving OP the attention she wanted
  • CDMAGS
    CDMAGS Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Best topic of the day...I needed a good laugh!
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    People who say they have done this before all I have to say is....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Autry403
    Autry403 Posts: 88
    Options
    i did this b4,its temporary
    you WILL gain the weight back

this "diet" is for patients too lose weight b4 surgery
    its not a permanent fix

You MUST not have done it right then...it promises to not be temporary!!:noway:

Anything that promises to lose more than 2lbs a week is ALWAYS temporary. You eat less than 500 calories a day in soup & put your body into a starvation mode. Once you start eating normal again you gain whatever you lost & sometimes more. If you seriously think it works try it for yourself. I used the recipe to help gain self control over my portions before I started my journey of losing weight. Didn't work for me to lose weight though- tried everything out there to.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I have done this diet. We use to call it the Dolly Parton diet. She use to do this twice a year.
    She could lose 40lbs by getting a smaller boob job.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Ok niner...you have redeemed yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    i dont think this is real, we're just giving OP the attention she wanted
    Attention...I beg your pardon...
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    7 day diet plan

**ingredients for soup**
    2 bags of frozen mixed vegetables
    2 quarts of water
    2 cans of Italian diced tomatoes
    2 bullion cubes
    mix together, bring to a boil, let simmer for a half hour

Riiiiight! And you can vote for me (as a write in, of course) in the upcoming election!

All kidding aside, this soup recipe is actually a really good one IF you sub out the bullion cubes and water and use V8 as your base with a little water to thin it out some. Oh, and don't eat it daily or you will burn most of your calories running back and forth to the toilet :bigsmile:
  • stephvaile
    stephvaile Posts: 298
    Options
    it sounds an awfull lot like the cabbage soup diete Cabbage Soup Diet plan is not in any way individualized. There are no recommendations about exercise, no behavioral tips, no advice on changing bad habits -- just a strict list of what to eat each day of the week. And meals need to be eaten at home, because these foods won't be found on most restaurant menus.

The Cabbage Soup Diet plan promises a 10-pound weight loss in one week, and dieters are restricted to one week at a time on the plan. If they want to lose more, they are advised to wait awhile before commencing another week on this super-low-calorie diet.

The Cabbage Soup Diet: What You Can Eat

The 7-day Cabbage Soup Diet plan promises all you can eat -- as long as you stick to the small list of allowed foods on alternate days, along with two daily bowls of fat-free cabbage soup. Other specific foods that must be eaten including fruit, vegetables, skim milk, and meat. Dieters are also advised to drink plenty of water and avoid alcohol.

Here's a sample Cabbage Soup Diet plan:

Day 1: Cabbage soup and all the fruit you want except bananas. Drink unsweetened tea, black coffee, cranberry juice, or water.

Day 2: Cabbage soup, all the low-calorie vegetables you want (except beans, peas, or corn), and a baked potato with butter.

Day 3: Cabbage soup and a mixture of the above fruit and vegetables.

Day 4: Cabbage soup, up to eight bananas, and two glasses of skim milk.

Day 5: Cabbage soup, up to 20 ounces of beef, chicken or fish, up to six fresh tomatoes, and at least 6-8 glasses of water.

Day 6: Cabbage soup, up to 3 beef steaks, and unlimited vegetables.

Day 7: Cabbage soup, up to 2 cups of brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices, and unlimited vegetables.

The recipe for the cabbage soup varies slightly among different versions of the diet. But it basically includes cabbage and assorted low-calorie vegetables such as onions and tomatoes, and is flavored with onion soup mix, bouillon, and tomato

this must be one the worst diets going lol

S
This discussion has been closed.