Limiting myself to 1500 calories. Too much sugar though?

Options
12346»

Replies

• tidmutt
    tidmutt Posts: 317
    Options
    I think you should eat the amount of calories that is sustainable for you. Don't get too hung up on it. Stay under the recommended amount, eat a balance of macros that makes you feel good, experiment a liitle, track everything. If you eat 1500 calories one day and are full why in the world would you eat more? Perhaps you were more sedentary that day for example. If you spend some time at 1930 calories and find the weight is not decreasing then try adding in more exercise or cutting back the calories slightly. If you eat 1500 calories for a while but finding the urge to binge hard to resist them increase your calories.

I've tried so hard to speed up losing a lot of weight. Lost 60 lb probably should lose another 30, I was so desperate to make it happen fast mostly because I was terrified I would lose momentum and be stuck a fat b@stard the rest of m life. The reality is it just takes a long time. Set your expectations, it can be done, many people on this site are a testiment to that fact but it takes time and sadly the 0.5 - 1 lb a week number so often thrown around often ends up being true when it's all said and done. However, once you've lost the weight you won't care that it took a while.

As for eating sugar, who cares? For overall health you are probably better off eating your calories from more nutritionally dense foods than things high in sugar but you mentioned fruit so I think you're just fine. Also, not much improves your health more than losing weight so I have the somewhat unusual view that we should just do what it takes to lose the weight. Eating a better macro mix is a different challenge in some ways and personally is one I feel can be tackled when you're not trying to lose a chunk of weight. Many people will disagree with that one. :)
  • SwissRiviera
    Options
    I agree with Stephanie. You need to up your calories or your body can go into starvation mode. Some days 1500 is fine, but I wouldn't do it everyday. Consider eating more vegetables and cutting down or spacing out the fruit throughout your day. Great success to you!
  • Krystalmyth
    Options
    Who said you needed to be hungry? You just need to not overeat. Not undereat.
  • tidmutt
    tidmutt Posts: 317
    Options
    Who said you needed to be hungry? You just need to not overeat. Not undereat.

You actually do need to eat less calories than your body needs to maintain it's current weight.