Replies

• TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    I get tired of hearing this.

"What great bone structure"

"what a gorgeous face"

"what a shame she's overweight"

I'm ready to shut those people up and just make their jaws drop. :)
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i'm sick of hearing this:

"you look so good, for having 4 kids........."

can't i just look good?!!!

People can be so cruel!! I think you look fantastic!
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    This is soooo true, it is a slap- not a compliment. I also hate seeing guys pick a not so pretty skinny chick over a beautiful chunky girl. Irks me soooo bad!!!

haha we all have those momentS!
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I get tired of hearing this.

"What great bone structure"

"what a gorgeous face"

"what a shame she's overweight"

I'm ready to shut those people up and just make their jaws drop. :)

You and me both, sister!!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Me too!!!!! Soon I will have the figure to go with it! :drinker:
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Me too!!!!! Soon I will have the figure to go with it! :drinker:

i'll cheers to that- with my glass of water! :drinker:
  • parisiantwyst
    Options
    I read somewhere a while ago that when someone tells you they like your outfit/clothes/dress/pants (whatever it may be) it means just that- that they like the garment or style, not that they like the way it looks on you. For the longest time, I've had people come up to me and tell me they love my dress/skirt (i make a lot of my own clothes). For once, I want someone to come up to me and compliment both my clothing AND the way I wear it- not ask immediately if I could make it in their size.

Sounds stupid, but it hurts to be both wildly complimented on talent and dissed on my own looks.
    I mean jees, part of the reason I started making my own clothing was because I hated the way a lot of un-altered (affordable) clothing fits me!
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I read somewhere a while ago that when someone tells you they like your outfit/clothes/dress/pants (whatever it may be) it means just that- that they like the garment or style, not that they like the way it looks on you. For the longest time, I've had people come up to me and tell me they love my dress/skirt (i make a lot of my own clothes). For once, I want someone to come up to me and compliment both my clothing AND the way I wear it- not ask immediately if I could make it in their size.

Sounds stupid, but it hurts to be both wildly complimented on talent and dissed on my own looks.
    I mean jees, part of the reason I started making my own clothing was because I hated the way a lot of un-altered (affordable) clothing fits me!

Unfortunately that's the truth. :(
    Totally know what you mean about why you made your own clothes...I dread clothes shopping! Can't wait for the day where I actually ENJOY it and LOVE the way I look in what i'm trying on. Right now, I go in, pick out what I think my size is, and make a beeline straight to the register- I don't try on in the store...I try on at home, and then if it doesn't fit I return it . Sucks.
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Could be worse. Someone once said to my wife, "Well, you have nice skin, anyway..."
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I figured its just a 'polite' way for someone to say "you're fat, go lose weight".. I've heard it a lot too.. =/
  • depressednurse
    Options
    Women get told they have a pretty face. Guys get told "you carry your weight well." I guess it sounds better than being told you don't look fat. LOL!!
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Women get told they have a pretty face. Guys get told "you carry your weight well." I guess it sounds better than being told you don't look fat. LOL!!
    I hear that one a lot too :(
  • galaxiegal
    galaxiegal Posts: 90
    Options
    No kidding! Might as well not try to compliment me at all, because that one is a for sure backfire! :grumble:
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Could be worse. Someone once said to my wife, "Well, you have nice skin, anyway..."

Ickkk!!! mean people suck!
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I figured its just a 'polite' way for someone to say "you're fat, go lose weight".. I've heard it a lot too.. =/

I have to bite my tongue every time. It's hurtful, and the sad thing is I think a lot of people don't realize how hurtful it really is!
  • galaxiegal
    galaxiegal Posts: 90
    Options

me too, if not in a different way to say it. I get " you don't look as big as you are" :huh: thanks.....
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options

me too, if not in a different way to say it. I get " you don't look as big as you are" :huh: thanks.....

"Really, you weigh THAT much?!? Geez, you don't look like it" uhhhh, well THANKS ...but I wouldn't say I weighed that much if I didn't!!
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I get told this.

I also get told (only by women) that I have pretty makeup. Feels like a slap.

yikessssss.....that would probably make me cry inside. :(

Do you think there is anything I can say to this? Its pretty darn subtle, in a way. It ticks me off, and I've probably heard it 4 times in my life. Usually from women who wear little to no makeup. It like they have to judge me for wearing makeup rather than talk about something else. Lots of people think I look pretty darn it! With or without... its so annoying that so many people wear make up but then I go and get insulted as if I'm not pretty without it :(
  • depressednurse
    Options
    I don't want anyone to take the LOL in my last comment as an insult. I'm 6"3 and 315 pounds. If anything I don't carry it well. I just think it's funny how people try to be nice when they insult you.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I get told this.

I also get told (only by women) that I have pretty makeup. Feels like a slap.

yikessssss.....that would probably make me cry inside. :(

Do you think there is anything I can say to this? Its pretty darn subtle, in a way. It ticks me off, and I've probably heard it 4 times in my life. Usually from women who wear little to no makeup. It like they have to judge me for wearing makeup rather than talk about something else. Lots of people think I look pretty darn it! With or without... its so annoying that so many people wear make up but then I go and get insulted as if I'm not pretty without it :(

I'm pretty quick on comebacks usually, if someone were to say that to me I would probably be like "thanks, you have pretty.....where did you say you were from again?"

:grumble: