"you have such a pretty face"

Replies

• I'm with you on that!!
  • I thought you weren't supposed to ask a woman her weight.
    or how old she is.

Smart man!!! ;-)
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    I follow that rule chivalry is not completely dead, just no longer reinforced.
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Same here! I've always heard that, and about my eyes too! Can't wait till people just say "you're pretty". By the way, you really are pretty!:flowerforyou:

awww, thank you!! :)

Maybe it's because people find your eyes outstanding =). You can be pretty and have a stand out feature. People will usually pick their best option to compliment you on.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Same here! I've always heard that, and about my eyes too! Can't wait till people just say "you're pretty". By the way, you really are pretty!:flowerforyou:

awww, thank you!! :)

Maybe it's because people find your eyes outstanding =). You can be pretty and have a stand out feature. People will usually pick their best option to compliment you on.

I'm also complimented on my eyes and smile a lot...I don't mind them, they are good features...I would just like to be called overall pretty , or beautiful...not just one part of me. *shrugs*
  • ilovemybuggy
    I follow that rule chivalry is not completely dead, just no longer reinforced.

Good to know that it's still alive SOMEWHERE!! The boys down here don't know how to respect a woman *at least not that i've found yet*
  • kpierce7188
    kpierce7188 Posts: 41 Member
    Ive always been told I was cute, or have nice eyes, or fluffy (ex: your not fat your just fluffy)...grrrr I hate that one

I'm sick of being slapped in the face by those and ready to be the knockout with my new found hottness LMAO
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    I honestly don't get why someone telling you your makeup is pretty is an insult. I love when people comment on my makeup lol. I mostly get comments on my eye makeup and eyebrows. It takes time and effort to put on some of the stuff I do and I think it's awesome when someone besides my husband notices lol.

When I get my eyebrows done, its nice. And I do a good job of eye makeup on my own face. Not that I cake it on or anything.

I truly think these compliments can be sincere, but there are a lot of people who talk about women who are fake, e.g. "I can remove90% of your beauty with a kleenex" etc type comments out there. Plus I have a lot of experience with women being catty. I'm not always sure that someone isn't being nasty.... but I know that it has not always been sincere, and I am pretty good at my gut feelings.

I was told this twice on the internet recently, so there is the lack of hearing someone's tone of voice... yet. I have *never* heard a guy compliment my makeup. He just says I'm gorgeous or pretty or nice eyes, etc.

EDIT TO ADD - If i heard it from YOU and I could see that you love makeup too, I would take it as a total compliment, because I see that you don't think you're just "TOO BEAUTIFUL" to wear makeup. ITs kind of like a snobby thing some people say when they think they don't have to wear much or any at all. I'm all for natural beauty but I like to enhance with makeup.
  • SERIOUSLY ....
  • ilovemybuggy
    Ive always been told I was cute, or have nice eyes, or fluffy (ex: your not fat your just fluffy)...grrrr I hate that one

I'm sick of being slapped in the face by those and ready to be the knockout with my new found hottness LMAO

ahhh, yes, the infamous 'fluffy' comment. That one gets under my skin, too!
  • 15 lbs ago, and a pregnancy ago, a lady told me I had a pretty face, but a terrible body. People just don't think, I think. She was from another country, too. It didn't feel good, but it hurt worse when teenagers moo'd at me at the mall. I was a size 12. Sigh.
  • Romans624
    I get told this.

I also get told (only by women) that I have pretty makeup. Feels like a slap.

Well I have to say this..... You have AMAZING hair! What is your secret?

Aww thank you! I just try to keep it moisturized, and I use the gentlest products I can find. I like the ones by feria with no sulfates right now :):):) Thanks :)
  • ilovemybuggy
    15 lbs ago, and a pregnancy ago, a lady told me I had a pretty face, but a terrible body. People just don't think, I think. She was from another country, too. It didn't feel good, but it hurt worse when teenagers moo'd at me at the mall. I was a size 12. Sigh.

ahhh, I WOULD LOVE TO BE a size 12. The sad truth about the world today, is that everyone thinks a woman should be a size 2 because the stars are, and that's what they beat into your brain. I don't want to be a size 2. I want to be healthy. I would be THRILLED with a size 12/13. Absolutely thrilled!!!
  • Romans624
    15 lbs ago, and a pregnancy ago, a lady told me I had a pretty face, but a terrible body. People just don't think, I think. She was from another country, too. It didn't feel good, but it hurt worse when teenagers moo'd at me at the mall. I was a size 12. Sigh.

ahhh, I WOULD LOVE TO BE a size 12. The sad truth about the world today, is that everyone thinks a woman should be a size 2 because the stars are, and that's what they beat into your brain. I don't want to be a size 2. I want to be healthy. I would be THRILLED with a size 12/13. Absolutely thrilled!!!

Me too!!
  • kpierce7188
    kpierce7188 Posts: 41 Member
    Or "more cushion for the pushen" grr stupid LOL I hate the fat jokes

At least were on the road to success! I can't wait for all the fat jokes to slap them in the face =D Oh the satisfaction we will gain
  • I'm a 16/17 now, so I'd be happy in a 12 again, too! It would be nice if people had more tact, or just stopped to think before they spoke.
  • ilovemybuggy
    I'm a 16/17 now, so I'd be happy in a 12 again, too! It would be nice if people had more tact, or just stopped to think before they spoke.

In a perfect world. Some people just really suck!!! LOL

I'm in a 18/20 now...started out in a 22/24 ... would love to be a 12/13. I try not to dwell on the negative comments, but instead use them as motivation. Can't wait to say 'look at me nowwww! "
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    I honestly don't get why someone telling you your makeup is pretty is an insult. I love when people comment on my makeup lol. I mostly get comments on my eye makeup and eyebrows. It takes time and effort to put on some of the stuff I do and I think it's awesome when someone besides my husband notices lol.

When I get my eyebrows done, its nice. And I do a good job of eye makeup on my own face. Not that I cake it on or anything.

I truly think these compliments can be sincere, but there are a lot of people who talk about women who are fake, e.g. "I can remove90% of your beauty with a kleenex" etc type comments out there. Plus I have a lot of experience with women being catty. I'm not always sure that someone isn't being nasty.... but I know that it has not always been sincere, and I am pretty good at my gut feelings.

I was told this twice on the internet recently, so there is the lack of hearing someone's tone of voice... yet. I have *never* heard a guy compliment my makeup. He just says I'm gorgeous or pretty or nice eyes, etc.

EDIT TO ADD - If i heard it from YOU and I could see that you love makeup too, I would take it as a total compliment, because I see that you don't think you're just "TOO BEAUTIFUL" to wear makeup. ITs kind of like a snobby thing some people say when they think they don't have to wear much or any at all. I'm all for natural beauty but I like to enhance with makeup.

I can understand that, but (at the risk of sounding like a b*tch) most the women that I've seen with the " I can remove 90% ofy our beauty with a kleenex" group are just jealous. When I see someone I will generally find something about anyone I meet to be beautiful or unique and compliment them on it. I'm more for personality than looks any day of the week. I think I'm beautiful with loads of makeup on or just foundation and some mascara lol. Even if it's naive, I'll take compliments on my make up at face value every time =).

I love my face =).
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    ^ You don't think people wear TOO MUCH makeup sometimes?
    I love me some makeup, but sometimes I think people really overdo it, and it just looks a little tacky.

I love it when people do the perfect smoky eye though! I met this girl at a party recently, and she had done this gorgeous bronzy-brown smoky eye thing. I may have drooled a little bit :)
  • ^ You don't think people wear TOO MUCH makeup sometimes?
    I love me some makeup, but sometimes I think people really overdo it, and it just looks a little tacky.

I love it when people do the perfect smoky eye though! I met this girl at a party recently, and she had done this gorgeous bronzy-brown smoky eye thing. I may have drooled a little bit :)

I make myself look like I have a black eye!! LMAO. I need more practice