"you have such a pretty face"

Options

Replies

• ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    People just call me "a"hole so you are doing so much better than I =D

haha- I get called an a*hole often. I'm just brutally honest. ;)
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Have you ever heard the "Oh, you're just big boned." Um...really?? No I'm not. When I die and someone comes to dig up my grave, trust me...they won't find "BIG" bones.

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL the time! I wish I could make that in BOLD print.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I have heard that before myself.. I never thought it was rude, I always smiled and said thanks, but now I say WTF.. see me now that im getting hot and lets hear what you have to say!
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I get told this.

I also get told (only by women) that I have pretty makeup. Feels like a slap.

Well I have to say this..... You have AMAZING hair! What is your secret?
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    I'm not sure people mean it as an insult. I think maybe they are just not thinking.

Yes, I've been told I have a "pretty face" but I've also been told I have "pretty hair" and "pretty eyes" and a "pretty smile". I guess I just don't take offense to any of it. I like being given compliments however I get them.
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    That's what i've ALWAYS heard.... I can't wait for the day when people tell me "you're so pretty" ...not just that I have a pretty face.

That's one of my biggest motivators!
    So instead of saying you have a pretty face you want to hear you have nice boobs or a great *kitten*? I gues us guys CAN"T win....
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I would be thrilled if people complimented me... I never get told that I am pretty! Take what you can get girl!!
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I'm not sure people mean it as an insult. I think maybe they are just not thinking.

Yes, I've been told I have a "pretty face" but I've also been told I have "pretty hair" and "pretty eyes" and a "pretty smile". I guess I just don't take offense to any of it. I like being given compliments however I get them.

Oh definitely, I more so get offended when I say something about how I need to lose weight, or i'm not comfortable with my weight and people respond with "yeah, but you have a pretty face" ....that's like "yeah, I know you're fat...but you have a pretty face so that makes it better"

Just stings, sometimes.
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    <
    This guy like Big *kitten* and Pretty faces and Big round Boobies!

Nothing wrong with a woman with a little meat on her bones.

My grandfather used to say in Italian, Translated,

meat is for the man, bones are for the DOG!!!
  • socaljackie
    socaljackie Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Same here I'm told all the time that people love how I apply my make up. I take it as a compliment, I don't think it's a bad thing... My sister and I joke that we were blessed with "pretty faces" and cursed with big bodies.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    That's what i've ALWAYS heard.... I can't wait for the day when people tell me "you're so pretty" ...not just that I have a pretty face.

That's one of my biggest motivators!
    So instead of saying you have a pretty face you want to hear you have nice boobs or a great *kitten*? I gues us guys CAN"T win....

You really can't! Women are NEVER satisfied. hahaha

I do like being complimented on my a*s though!
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I once got told "you look nice, that outfit really shows off your pretty face".. I was like WTF? I'm not wearing an outfit on my face!
    I just smile, since I'm so used to getting comments like that - I'll probably not believe anyone that said I was anything other than "nice", or "cute" even when I do lose the weight *shrugs*

I do get told I have a nice cleavage sometimes, and I'm happy with that :P But I still wish people would look at all of me and say I'm amazing ;)
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Same here! I've always heard that, and about my eyes too! Can't wait till people just say "you're pretty". By the way, you really are pretty!:flowerforyou:
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Story of my life! It's as if they didnt know that I knew it was just their way of pointing out that I am heavy but still trying to buffer it with a compliment. :(
  • smartmom0818
    Options
    Story of my life.

I absolutely hate it.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Women get told they have a pretty face. Guys get told "you carry your weight well." I guess it sounds better than being told you don't look fat. LOL!!
    I hear that one a lot too :(

me too, if not in a different way to say it. I get " you don't look as big as you are" :huh: thanks.....

"Really, you weigh THAT much?!? Geez, you don't look like it" uhhhh, well THANKS ...but I wouldn't say I weighed that much if I didn't!!

I told a friend how much I weigh and she said "Wow, really? You look smaller."
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Same here! I've always heard that, and about my eyes too! Can't wait till people just say "you're pretty". By the way, you really are pretty!:flowerforyou:

awww, thank you!! :)
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Women get told they have a pretty face. Guys get told "you carry your weight well." I guess it sounds better than being told you don't look fat. LOL!!
    I hear that one a lot too :(

me too, if not in a different way to say it. I get " you don't look as big as you are" :huh: thanks.....

"Really, you weigh THAT much?!? Geez, you don't look like it" uhhhh, well THANKS ...but I wouldn't say I weighed that much if I didn't!!

I told a friend how much I weigh and she said "Wow, really? You look smaller."

Yeah, everytime I tell someone how much I weigh I get ' you don't look like you'd weigh that much. You carry it well. '

thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I thought you weren't supposed to ask a woman her weight.
    or how old she is.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I thought you weren't supposed to ask a woman her weight.

ha! Nobody ever follows that rule! Honestly, I don't think a number can tell you what someone looks like...some people do carry it well, some have more muscle than fat... some are taller, shorter etc. If I was 5'2 and weighed what I weigh now, I would look horrible! *not that I don't now* but Ive heard so many guys say I don't want a girl that weighs more than 120....i'm 5'9....120 would look GROSS on me.