What is your reward to yourself for losing weight??

Options

Replies

• DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    For breaking 200 which I just accomplished in the last few weeks I am getting a tattoo of a cross that my son drew. When I get to my overall goal, clothes are a given because nothing will fit me anymore, but I have a little black dress that has been hanging in my closet that I want to wow my hubby with.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I buy myself clothes from stores I couldn't even shop in before. Like last night I bought 3 peairs of slacks for $33 bucks from Gap.
    When I loose 12.5 more lbs I'll no longer be obese so I'll reactivate my fb for that.
  • Lovely135
    Lovely135 Posts: 161
    Options
    When I crossed 200lbs I bought a BMW....
    I like that. Would you give me a ride? lol
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    At 10 lbs my husband will return his beard to a short 5 'o clock shadow. He gave me an incentive, he is growing it out until I lose the 10. He does have to keep it trimmed.

Nothing against beards, they look great on some men, it just doesn't fit my husband well.

After that, my girls get to pick the incentive.... this should be interesting.

And by "my girls" you mean..?

My 12 year old and 9 year old daughters!!! :)

That is so cool your whole family is motivating you!
  • Sylvia_00
    Sylvia_00 Posts: 13
    Options
    I was thinking more along the lines of having some cheesecake at the end of the week if I've went 6 days without slipping :)
  • Lovely135
    Options
    i will get myself that LV bag that I want.
  • twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    take new pictures of me in some new clothes
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    15 lbs lost : drastic hair color change - done April 7
    30 lbs lost - a PINK hoodie/shirt from VS - ordered today, have only .6 to go to 30lbs lost!
    52 lbs lost - a tattoo on my ribs
    65 lbs lost - Pin-Up Girl Photos taken
    77 lbs lost - Skydiving
  • sugarbunnie
    Options
    My motivational gift to myself was a new juicer, that got me down 4 lbs right away! My reward at 5 lbs lost was a massage, and at 10 lbs a facial and tooth whitening. At 15 lbs lost I earned a new Excalibur food dehydrator! At 20 lbs lost I will get to go to Palm Springs with my two besties for the weekend (Aug 10 and I KNOW I can do it!), and when I hit 25 lbs total loss (back to size 4, my goal) and maintain it for 60 days, I get to go shopping for new clothes.
  • Lovely135
    Options
    Been there and done ! Restored my boobs and got a new car.
    wooot wooot. You go girl
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    For me, rewards don't mean anything. I already do/buy whatever I want, whenever I want, so there is no inherent motivation there. Not much use in "buying" your motivation, it is better/stronger when it comes from within. My motivation is to continue to feel better about myself.
  • krawl78
    krawl78 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    6 months after I hit my UGW I am getting skin removal surgery :) If I am not able to tighten it on my own. I will also reward myself by applying to the police force.
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My wife's reward is a shopping trip to Marks and Spencer's for a new Wardrobe, that'll make more sense when you realize we are in the US.

My reward is a hot wife since she is losing her weight quicker than me :smile:
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    in 15 more pounds i take progress pics. thats exciting. when i lose 100lbs total im getting a tattoo. once I weigh 199lbs Im having a pin up photo shoot with a onederland theme.
  • kazoooo8
    kazoooo8 Posts: 71
    Options
    my reward when I hit goal is a full photo shoot. a close friend of mine is a makeup artist and hair dresser. I plan on letting her do her magic and let the pictures fly

I like this idea ALOT! I also have a friend that is a great photographer! Nice idea!
  • AliandTrev
    AliandTrev Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I haven't really thought about it, I bought a HRM and some exercise clothes when I started and have since bought a few new tops. I think having nice family photo's done that I am not embarrassed to be in would be a nice reward.
  • Meadows_Mommy05
    Options
    My reward to myself is getting healthier and getting my daughter to eat healthier!

I did make my best friend promise that When I lose a total of 60lbs (which is just about 1/2 my weight loss goal) That she will go to a concert with me! I haven't been to a concert in a long time! I really don't like going out in public because I feel so self conscious about myself. I am down a total of 25lbs now so I only have 35 more to go for my Concert.

Ultimately Feeling better about myself, being healthier, and being a good role model for my daughter is my main concern!!! I just recently bought a used treadmill (3 yrs old, $600 treadmill) For $100.00 And a New Recumbent exercise bike. Also I just ordered the fitbit ultra (hopefully it is worth the $100.00).

And of course I will have to buy a new wardrobe as I lose the weight and can't wear things anymore. Goodwill here I come, cause i'm not spending money on brand new clothes until I reach my Ultimate goal weight.

Best of luck to everyone! If anyone needs a good support buddy feel free to friend me. I have a total weight loss goal of 130 lbs. I am down 25, so 105 more to go.

Lynn :drinker: :drinker: Don't forget to drink your water :drinker: :drinker:
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    when I hit the -20lb mark I'm going to take a pole dancing class.

Aren't you glad you asked? :wink:
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Hip microdermals..(but I'm not so sure of that anymore because I'm really scared) and new clothes!

OMG! I googled that and found an actual youtube video showing three of them being inserted. I think they are beautiful and sexy as hell. I think something like that would really motivate me to keep the weight off but I really don't know if I could go through that much pain and I think I'm a little old (I'l be40 in four days). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24lVRcZAn44

I have lost 78 lbs and haven't rewarded my self w/much more than exercise clothes that actually fit. I'm not spending much on clothes since I don't plan on staying this size for long. So I guess a new wardrobe once I get where I want to be (it's more of a look than a weight goal) I want to be fit and healthy, that's my ultimate goal. Oh and to get off cholesterol meds. I can't find a job so money is tight so I'm still wanting a HRM and a set of weights. I have to admit a massage would be nice. I am getting a tattoo as well but that's for turning 40. I might get my belly button peirced, I've always wanted it done (but felt too fat) and I think it would be a nice reward. I'd like a tragus piercing too. Also, depending on how my boobs turn out when I'm at goal fitness level I may want a breast enhancement or have some skin removed, perk those bad boys up :) (saddest thing about losing weight is losing my breast size)
  • applesaucey
    applesaucey Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When I crossed 200lbs I bought a BMW....
    add me to your bday list! lol