Annoying statements made about area of residence

Options

Replies

• WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    "Hey.

I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader, and I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dog sled, and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I'm certain they're really, really nice.

I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American, and I pronounce it 'about', not 'a boot'.

I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I believe in peacekeeping, not policing; diversity, not assimilation; and that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal.

A tuque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch, and it is pronounced zed: not zee –zed!!

Canada is the second largest land mass! The first nation of hockey! And the best part of North America!

My name is Joe!! And I am Canadian!

... Thank you."
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah......"You're from Kentucky?.....Do you live on a farm?" "In a trailer?" NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! to both!!

or..."Ah...Kentucky Fried Chicken!!!!"......

LOL

I live in Kentucky now, then look at me funny. I then realize they are looking to see if I am missing any teeth.

To be fair, Kentucky is a memorable state. Every stop on our drive-through for vacation proved every stereotype about Kentucky I could imagine. Of course I already knew that because I'm just in Indiana. And southern Indiana will give you a good preview of Kentucky.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    So, your from Wisconsin, so you guys drink beer and eat cheese and brats all day long right? NO M'Fer!!
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm British. No, I don't know the Queen personally.

A thousand times yes! Also yes it really does rain all the bloody time!
  • shaybethxo
    shaybethxo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    oh you're british? do you know prince william?
    oh you're half irish? do you want a lager? -_-
  • Kymwho
    Kymwho Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm from Houston, Texas and they think ALL of us wear cowboy hats and ride horses everywhere! HILARIOUS!!
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Americans to me "Oh New Zealand is that in Europe?" or "Hmm is that part of Australia?" "Oh like Lord of the Rings"
    Grr

I'd so be the one to mention Lord of the Rings :blushing:
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm from Houston, Texas and they think ALL of us wear cowboy hats and ride horses everywhere! HILARIOUS!!

You don't? Damnit....

:drinker:
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    "What's considered a 'nice house' in Alabama? A double wide?"

Ooooh, that pissed me off >:O
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Chicago...

No, my family are not gangsters.
    No, I've never met Michael Jordan.
    Yes, it does get windy here from time to time.
    I have no idea when the Cubs will win the World Series.
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    Americans to me "Oh New Zealand is that in Europe?" or "Hmm is that part of Australia?" "Oh like Lord of the Rings"
    Grr

I'd so be the one to mention Lord of the Rings :blushing:

I just got back from NZ and my friends kept asking me how Australia was XDD
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Everyone from MA is a Masshole.... Ok.. so, maybe this one has a bit of truth.. I am a Masshole relocated to NH lol

Ct only calls you Massholes cause the way you drive. We love you though

BTW people from Connecticut are not snobs and not all rich (trust me on that one)

Bahaha! I was born in Connecticut and I have to clear up the assumption that I am a snob.
    And now that I live in Dallas I have to clear up the assumption that I own a ranch.
    *sigh*
  • NamibianRose
    NamibianRose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    "What's considered a 'nice house' in Alabama? A double wide?"

Ooooh, that pissed me off >:O

=X that actually made me laugh really hard (btw I live in Alabama too).
  • linda1243
    linda1243 Posts: 166
    Options
    I live in the Chicago area and went to visit our State Capitol Springfield. While I was there I visited a Bob Evans and was telling a guy that we didn't have any near the Chicago area and he told me "well, unfortunately, they are not in every State." This was not the only conversation I had during my visit where people referred to Chicago as a separate State. Apparently, we have been kicked out of Illinois and no one told us.

Btw, It's Illinois not IllinoisE
  • Brinasacat
    Brinasacat Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm from Massachusetts, so that makes me a masshole!
  • FitFi74
    FitFi74 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love this - being British I guess I made the assumption (sorry) that Americans didn't have the same silly/annoying preconceptions that we have about areas! I come from Liverpool...I get a lot of stick!
  • Telugammayi87
    Telugammayi87 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    "Oh Memphis... so you like Elvis?" - While I do enjoy some of his music... I've been here 25 years and have never been to graceland. I don't have Elvis posters on my walls, and I don't cry on his death anniversary or birthday. LOL

"Oh Memphis... you must LOVE bbq" ... I don't eat pork...
  • xmommyof2boysx
    xmommyof2boysx Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm from Vallejo California..I did live on Magazine Street, but no I do not know E40
  • jrs5444
    jrs5444 Posts: 86
    Options
    Nashville, TN

"So, you're from Cashville?" says the broke white boy who wishes he were black =P
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Try being from Phoenix. Everybody says, "Oh, but the summers aren't too bad, right? It's a dry heat." Yes, a dry heat that makes you feel like you're being cooked in a freaking oven, thank you very much. :explode:

Stop comparing your stupid 90-degree/high-humidity summers to our 115 temperatures, okay? There is no comparison. Period. :grumble: