Annoying statements made about area of residence

Options

Replies

• mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    As soon as someone finds out I'm from Alabama I get bombarded with Forrest Gump jokes & one-liners. Very, very original, folks ;)

Also... I now live in a city called Tuscaloosa. It's often referred to as T-Town. That's just not very interesting and bordering on annoying whenever I hear or read it.

ETA: Regarding the Gump jokes... I guess it's irresistible since I'm Jennie & from AL. Just gets so f'ing old.

And of course when people learn you're from Alabama they automatically assume you're an Alabama fan.....

Take a look at my username people... War Eagle Baby! (that's Auburn University for those that don't know)

War Eagle! Did you see the comment I made about the server in Sacramento telling us "Roll Tide".. yeah.. not so much!
  • risak
    risak Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If I go out of town and tell people I'm from the DC area, they glare at me like I'm responsible for the state of our government or who happens to be president at that moment.

OR

they make fun of the Redskins and Dan Snyder
  • collinj8
    collinj8 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Always a classic:

"I'm from West Virginia."
    "Near Richmond?"

NO. A THOUSAND TIMES NO.

When I tell people I am from West Virginia. I hear "Oh Virginia..." I am guessing they do not teach the states outside of the state of West Virginia.
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Im from Wilmington, Delaware (living in OH now)

#1-..if I hear "where are you from, you have a accent" one more time
    #2- NO, not Delaware, OHIO...WILMINGTON,De
    really? I just said WILMINGTON, DELAWARE right?
    #3- There are BLACK people in Delaware?.....I get that one MORE than you know
    #4-Where? its the freaking FIRST STATE people

i am done....

I live in Delaware, OH. Hehe
    There is a Wilmington, OH too, you're probably screwed regardless :laugh:
  • roch1972
    roch1972 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My parents and I use to live in SC and a waitress at a SC restaurant once told my parents this joke:

SC Waitress: Whats the difference between a Yankee and a d*mn Yankee?
    Mom&Dad: I don't know what?
    SC Waiterss: A d*mn Yankee stays.

RUDE!
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    As soon as someone finds out I'm from Alabama I get bombarded with Forrest Gump jokes & one-liners. Very, very original, folks ;)

Also... I now live in a city called Tuscaloosa. It's often referred to as T-Town. That's just not very interesting and bordering on annoying whenever I hear or read it.

ETA: Regarding the Gump jokes... I guess it's irresistible since I'm Jennie & from AL. Just gets so f'ing old.

And of course when people learn you're from Alabama they automatically assume you're an Alabama fan.....

Take a look at my username people... War Eagle Baby! (that's Auburn University for those that don't know)

War Eagle! Did you see the comment I made about the server in Sacramento telling us "Roll Tide".. yeah.. not so much!

Oh wow... yeah, not suprising. That stupid ESPN commerical for Alabama didn't help either...
  • artbkward
    Options
    I hate how people on the coasts automatically assume the rest of the country is "the middle of nowhere".
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I hate how people on the coasts automatically assume the rest of the country is "the middle of nowhere".

to be fair the vast majority of important stuff happens on the coasts. :)
  • lentigogirl
    lentigogirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    DC...

Never mind, it's all true.
  • tquig
    tquig Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You're from Buffalo?! Is it snowing up there?

No Jacka$$, It's July 11th...:explode:

I live outside Syracuse. I get that all the time. When someone is complaining about the 2" of snow they got I tell them we call that a heavy frost! :laugh:
  • collinj8
    collinj8 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah......"You're from Kentucky?.....Do you live on a farm?" "In a trailer?" NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! to both!!

or..."Ah...Kentucky Fried Chicken!!!!"......

LOL

I live in Kentucky now, then look at me funny. I then realize they are looking to see if I am missing any teeth.
  • artbkward
    Options

Hardly
  • roch1972
    roch1972 Posts: 113 Member
    Options

Huh? Says who?
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Too bad Westconsin Credit Union is helping people figure out how to pronounce your state, huh?
  • risak
    risak Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    DC...

Never mind, it's all true.

Pretty much. Can't defend this horrible place.
  • galaxiegal
    galaxiegal Posts: 90
    Options
    Oh, you live in the desert? It's 115 degrees? But it's a dry heat...

Yeah, just like turning my blow dryer on full blast in my face is a dry heat...

YES! hate that :grumble:
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I always say, "It's Colorado, if you don't like the weather, *kitten* you."

I completely agree with you!!!

The one I hate is "You live in Colorado? Does it snow all the time?"

Me: "No, you moron. We have at least 320 days of FULL sunshine each year!"
    We must include that we do not all ride horses; ski or own a gun.
    No we do not roll the sidewalks up at dusk, we actually do have some arts {no I can not appreaciate it all Psycho horse}.
    No we do not have cattle always roaming downtown.
    No I do not have a Medical Marijuana card.
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Im from Wilmington, Delaware (living in OH now)

#1-..if I hear "where are you from, you have a accent" one more time
    #2- NO, not Delaware, OHIO...WILMINGTON,De
    really? I just said WILMINGTON, DELAWARE right?
    #3- There are BLACK people in Delaware?.....I get that one MORE than you know
    #4-Where? its the freaking FIRST STATE people

i am done....

I live in Delaware, OH. Hehe
    There is a Wilmington, OH too, you're probably screwed regardless :laugh:

Yea, but they never mention Wilmgingon, Oh....
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I've never been asked anything about Southern California from out of towners that isn't true. Yes, it's always sunny. Yes, I see famous people. Yes, there is a palm tree in my front yard. Yes, there are alot of blonds and bikinis. Yes, I surf. And, yes, there's a lot of traffic.
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    you're from England? Do you know the Queen/Kate/William/Harry/*insert royal family person*

You're from England? Do you live in London? Errr no. There is a whole country outside of London. One that doesn't smell and make your snot black.

You're from Wales? Is that in England? Um, no, it's a different country, but they're both in the UK.

England and the UK are not, I repeat, not, the same thing!