Annoying statements made about area of residence

Options

Replies

• AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I can't stand when Jacksonville ALWAYS gets referred to as South Georgia! Look at a map people... it's friggin Florida! And NO, I have never seen a real live alligator!!
  • ebelliss
    ebelliss Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Hahaha. You should have at least limited that one to Southern Cali where LA is. :)

I'm in Northern California, near San Francisco. No, I am not gay, I don't surf, and no it is not always sunny. & No, all the girls are not blonde with big boobs that walk around in tiny shorts or bikinis. :laugh:
    [/quote]

^^^ THIS!!! i'm from san francisco and its actually 60 degress on July 11th so NO i will not be going to the beach or surfing or tanning or walking around in bathing suit today, thank you very much!
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    [

I lived in Miami till last year... I absolutely HATE the place!!! It is indeed North Cuba... and good luck getting a YOB if you don't speak fluent Espanol.. They have now changed it to Native Tongue because other's have learned Spanish...
    [/quote]

A YOB LOL SPOT ON!
    [/quote]

I knew you would get a kick out of that one..... LMAO
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    From someone in Michigan State:

"You're from Canada? It must be cold up there."

For those who aren't in the know: Most of Michigan state is further north than most of Southern Ontario!
  • _Ivian
    _Ivian Posts: 198
    Options
    Oh dear!

I'm from Miami.
    "Oh, you must love living on the beach! I heard it's awesome!!"
    Miami is actually a city. And Miami Beach is another. Miami has it's ghettos just like any other city.

"Omg that's where the zombies are"
    Ok, that was like one time. And the dude was just high. No, not on bath salts. On weed. Weed here, is just that good.

"All your teams suck"
    While I agree with most of this, we did just win a championship in basketball. Not a fan of the Miami Heat but at least not ALL the teams suck.

"You're from MIAMI?! You must be hispanic! Tell me something in Spanish"
    Facepalm.

And my fave:

"Omg so, you must be related to some crazy coke dealer or something right?! Can you get us the hookup on some good blow? Or entrances to Mansion? Or club seats to the Phins?"
    No. I am not related to Tony Montana and not everyone in Miami is or was a drug dealer at some point in their life. We actually have jobs, like everyone else. And yes, I can get you into Mansion and tickets to the football games. It's called the box office and slipping the bouncer at the door a hundred dollar bill if you're ugly *kitten* can't get in on your own.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    You're from Buffalo?! Is it snowing up there?

No Jacka$$, It's July 11th...:explode:

so it's just flurries?

Try being from NJ... no I don't know Snooki

Trying being from NJ and unfort I DO know her ---- #fail
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    From the Phoenix, Arizona area. I hate it when people say "But its a dry heat".
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm from Cleveland...enough said.
    Cleveland is actually a beautiful city!! But winters are a biiiiotch.
  • joesjo
    joesjo Posts: 10
    Options
    Have lived in Miami my whole life.. I love it but sooo true. Also, I'm part Irish so I don't tan well... so obviously no one believes I can be from Miami. :P
  • ATOLLIT
    ATOLLIT Posts: 149
    Options
    Yes, I'm British. No, I don't know the Queen personally.

This made me grin :bigsmile:

Also more specifically "Naaaaarfuk (Norfolk).... do you all have webbed feet?"
    Apparently we are all inbred! Also while living in London, I get "that's in the north right?" because it is north of the M25 (the big motorway that circles London)!!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Oh, you live in the desert? It's 115 degrees? But it's a dry heat...

Yeah, just like turning my blow dryer on full blast in my face is a dry heat...

115 in the desert is way better than 95 on the coast.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Cinci-nasty - true, but not kind
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

Hahaha. You should have at least limited that one to Southern Cali where LA is. :)

I'm in Northern California, near San Francisco. No, I am not gay, I don't surf, and no it is not always sunny. & No, all the girls are not blonde with big boobs that walk around in tiny shorts or bikinis. :laugh:
    [/quote]

^^^ THIS!!! i'm from san francisco and its actually 60 degress on July 11th so NO i will not be going to the beach or surfing or tanning or walking around in bathing suit today, thank you very much!
    [/quote]

I've only been to San Francisco once. (I'm from as lower AL, almost on the FL panhandle) I went there in June of last year. No one warned me it was so COLD there!! I was taken aback, it was like 100 degrees in AL, but in San Francisco, it was cold enough, my entire family had to buy a jacket. I will never be a person that makes that assumption ever again!! :happy:
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I am from Alberta, Canada; I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader, and I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dog sled, and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I'm certain they're really, really nice.

:wink:

I have a friend that lives in Alberta, and I finally got out to visit her last year - had a blast! I won't ask if you know her though. :laugh:
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    I am from Tennessee and yes, we do have brains, we do wear shoes, and no, I didn't marry my cousin.

I am from Arkansas, and I can relate to all of that!!! LOL
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    you're from England? Do you know the Queen/Kate/William/Harry/*insert royal family person*

You're from England? Do you live in London? Errr no. There is a whole country outside of London. One that doesn't smell and make your snot black.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I am from Tennessee and yes, we do have brains, we do wear shoes, and no, I didn't marry my cousin.

I am from Arkansas, and I can relate to all of that!!! LOL

Alabama here, and yes, I can relate as well! Oh and we have some of the most BEAUTIFUL soft, sugary white beaches in the world!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Southern California....

Everything you think is true.
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Im from Wilmington, Delaware (living in OH now)

#1-..if I hear "where are you from, you have a accent" one more time
    #2- NO, not Delaware, OHIO...WILMINGTON,De
    really? I just said WILMINGTON, DELAWARE right?
    #3- There are BLACK people in Delaware?.....I get that one MORE than you know
    #4-Where? its the freaking FIRST STATE people

i am done....
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Have lived in Miami my whole life.. I love it but sooo true. Also, I'm part Irish so I don't tan well... so obviously no one believes I can be from Miami. :P

I confused the hell out of Latino's down there. They couldn't figure out where I was from because of my accent and how I look. So many inserted foot in mouth.. When they found out I was African American.. their enthusiasm died quickly... Miami is a joke, I am sorry you are stuck there... I hope you make a lot of money if not, how in the hell do you survive there? The whole Sunpass ordeal pretty much has ruined my life... I had to leave...