Annoying statements made about area of residence

Options

Replies

• suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I live in Idaho. People seem to confuse it with Iowa, and if not, they seem to think I live in the boonies. No. There are cities in my state and it's beautiful. Shhh! That part's a well kept secret! :happy:

Haha, 3 posts in a row about Iowa and Idaho not being the same!

People think that Iowa is all boonies also. Far from the truth.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Do you live in an igloo? Do you have a pet seal?
    (I'm from Montreal Quebec)
  • LeeshaNichole
    LeeshaNichole Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have several:

I'm from Washington state-Ohh do you know the President? Umm first of all That is DC not stat and even if I lived in DC, I highly doubt I would be going over for supper to the ol' white house!

Ohh You are from WaRshington...NO NO NO I am from WASHINGTON...Do you see any friggin' "R" in there? Grrr!!!

I am from Vancouver, Wa and I hate when people say The "couve" It's Vancouver not the "Cove!"

Ohh and No we do not have webbed feet cause it rains so much-and no we do not rust instead of Tan!
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I'm from Brooklyn.
    I pronounce my -ing's!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    We call it the Awesomer Carolina. And it is... :laugh:
    Being from NC - I have never heard it called this before. My daughter lives in SC and she doesn't call it that either! LOL
    It's just a joke, to make fun of our governor.
    http://www.newser.com/story/129734/state-mandates-workers-say-its-a-great-day-in-s-carolina.html

Yes, my daughter says you don't like her. Want ours??? :laugh:
  • dbriggs9
    dbriggs9 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm from Ohio... no... I have never lived on a farm or even been near a tractor...
  • stonerdude
    stonerdude Posts: 103
    Options
    They never say anything bad about Paradise. After all it is the "Greatest City on Earth!"
  • roch1972
    roch1972 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Everyone from MA is a Masshole.... Ok.. so, maybe this one has a bit of truth.. I am a Masshole relocated to NH lol

I've never heard this and I live in Mass....

I was guilty last week of asking someone from California, "Have you met a lot of famous people?" :embarassed:
  • Solosesso
    Solosesso Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    "Quebec huh? I have a cousin living there, his name's Marc, do you know him?"

Yeah Marc, of course! We meet every Saturday! We're 7 millions in here, but I sure know your cousin cause we're like a tiny village!

-_-'
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Oh you're from Canada Eh? Ooot and aboot !! bloody idiots.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    You're from Nebraska? Do you live in Omaha?

Or

You're from Nebraska? Do you get the internet there?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    LMAO! I'm from "Hot"-lanta too! I always thought that sounded dumb!
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Oh, you live in the desert? It's 115 degrees? But it's a dry heat...

Yeah, just like turning my blow dryer on full blast in my face is a dry heat...

Hear this all the time!!!! Hot is hot! It being dry doesn make it any better!

I beg to differ on this. I moved to NV from S Georgia. In GA is would be 105 with 99% humidity. That is infinitely worse that 115 and 15% humidity. At least in the dry heat if you step into the shade it feels cooler...even if it is 115 outside. :tongue:
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Iowa...Oh thats where they grow potatoes. Or Iowa do you eat anything other than corn?

Or "Do you live on a farm?" No I was born in the city. "They have cities in the middle of corn fields?" Yes believe it or not we are not all Children of the Corn.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah......"You're from Kentucky?.....Do you live on a farm?" "In a trailer?" NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! to both!!

or..."Ah...Kentucky Fried Chicken!!!!"......

LOL
  • lg3703
    lg3703 Posts: 190
    Options
    North Ca-ka-la-ki (Carolina) and no... I don't know wth that means.
  • riouxha
    riouxha Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    I'm from Canada. SOOO most sound like "Did you ride your polar bear/caribou/dog sled to school? do you live in igloos?
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Iowa...Oh thats where they grow potatoes. Or Iowa do you eat anything other than corn?

"you know what IOWA stands for right?"
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    "Paak ya ca in Havaid yaad.

Boston accent saying Park you car in Harvard Yard.
  • SerenaBeans08
    SerenaBeans08 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    "You're from Utah? Are you Mormon?"

and

"If you don't like the weather in Utah, just wait 5 minutes"