Annoying statements made about area of residence

Options

Replies

• oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm British. No, I don't know the Queen personally.
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I always say, "It's Colorado, if you don't like the weather, *kitten* you."

I completely agree with you!!!

The one I hate is "You live in Colorado? Does it snow all the time?"

Me: "No, you moron. We have at least 320 days of FULL sunshine each year!"
  • bookwormwendy
    bookwormwendy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am from Tennessee and yes, we do have brains, we do wear shoes, and no, I didn't marry my cousin.
  • azrose81
    azrose81 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh, you live in the desert? It's 115 degrees? But it's a dry heat...

Yeah, just like turning my blow dryer on full blast in my face is a dry heat...

Hear this all the time!!!! Hot is hot! It being dry doesn make it any better!
  • iheartmarshall
    iheartmarshall Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Always a classic:

"I'm from West Virginia."
    "Near Richmond?"

NO. A THOUSAND TIMES NO.
  • kelif5959
    kelif5959 Posts: 202
    Options
    I'm from Oklahoma. And no, we don't live in teepees.

^^ Right?.........gah!
  • jeanzbeanz
    jeanzbeanz Posts: 64
    Options
    Texas. No, I don't own a gun.
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    New York takes the cake though, I mean do you know how many times i've heard "WOW SO LIKE, WHAT'S IT LIKE LIVING IN SUCH A BUSTLING CITY? DO YOU RANDOMLY MEET CELEBRITIES?"

Becuase you know, apparently New York = New York City.

I was still typing as you were posting, lol
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    "I don't see how you can live in Las Vegas...all those tourists! And I spend a weekend in Vegas and need a week's vacation to recover!"

Well, those tourists are what keep me in a job, so I don't 'mind them so much. Not to mention that I don't spend a lot of time on the strip in my spare time. (Although I do live just a few blocks off Las Vegas Blvd... but not the touristy part.) And I'm not spending every spare minute drinking, gambling and partying. I actually LIVE in Vegas. :laugh:
  • iheartmarshall
    iheartmarshall Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Oh, and...

"I'm from Boone County."
    "Do you know Jesco?"

UGH!
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Originally from Moscow so don't say stupid things like this to other Russians:

Oh so is it cold all the time (snow all the time)? Um, no. Google it.

Do you drink a lot of vodka? While this may be true for some Russians, don't assume all drink vodka. Way to stereotype.

Are you a communist? I just say yes at this point and leave it at that.

Oh here's a favorite: Do you know my Russian friend so and so? Why yes...it's not like Russia is huge or anything.

Are you a spy? Just like the communist question...I just say yes.

I know stereotypes exist for a reason, but come on!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    We call it the Awesomer Carolina. And it is... :laugh:
    Being from NC - I have never heard it called this before. My daughter lives in SC and she doesn't call it that either! LOL
    It's just a joke, to make fun of our governor.
    http://www.newser.com/story/129734/state-mandates-workers-say-its-a-great-day-in-s-carolina.html
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    This is New England just wait a minute and the weather will change!
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    When I tell people I'm from Alabama they say, "there aren't any black people there is there?"

Really people?????
  • Twisted_Wrister
    Twisted_Wrister Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    New York takes the cake though, I mean do you know how many times i've heard "WOW SO LIKE, WHAT'S IT LIKE LIVING IN SUCH A BUSTLING CITY? DO YOU RANDOMLY MEET CELEBRITIES?"

Becuase you know, apparently New York = New York City.

Yep! Friends from other parts of the country visit NYC and tell me to come meet them. Sure, I'm getting in the car now. See ya in about...never!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Iowa...Oh thats where they grow potatoes. Or Iowa do you eat anything other than corn?
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I live in Idaho. People seem to confuse it with Iowa, and if not, they seem to think I live in the boonies. No. There are cities in my state and it's beautiful. Shhh! That part's a well kept secret! :happy:
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm from Iowa and I'm proud of it. No, it isn't the potato state or the buckeye state. No, I don't drive a tractor to work. No, I don't wear bib overalls (except in the 90's when they were in style for a hot second but I choose to block that out of my memory). No we are not all farmers, although we do have some damn good sweet corn!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    then there is the Your from "New JOIsey" I was on a cruise and almost threw muthafukas over board from hearing that so much.
  • anneerick
    anneerick Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am from Alberta, Canada; I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader, and I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dog sled, and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I'm certain they're really, really nice.

:wink: