Annoying statements made about area of residence

Options

Replies

• jcamby
    jcamby Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Try living up in Canada....everyone thinks it snows here year round and that we live in igloos! LOL
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Everyone from MA is a Masshole.... Ok.. so, maybe this one has a bit of truth.. I am a Masshole relocated to NH lol

I've never heard this and I live in Mass....

I was guilty last week of asking someone from California, "Have you met a lot of famous people?" :embarassed:

While in Cabo San Lucas, Someone walked up to my husband who was wearing something that said Boston on it.. and he happens to have a serious boston accent... the guys asks him where he's from, he tells them Boston, and then the guy yells to his group of friends " Hey NOT EVERYONE FROM BOSTON IS AN A-HOLE"..
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Here you go:
    1. Wisconsin. No not Westconsen.
    2. You don't sound like they did in Fargo. Yah der hay! NOT
    3. Where is that? Seriously?
    4. Oh your state looks like a mitten.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Everyone from MA is a Masshole.... Ok.. so, maybe this one has a bit of truth.. I am a Masshole relocated to NH lol

I was guilty last week of asking someone from California, "Have you met a lot of famous people?" :embarassed:

Hahaha. You should have at least limited that one to Southern Cali where LA is. :)

I'm in Northern California, near San Francisco. No, I am not gay, I don't surf, and no it is not always sunny. & No, all the girls are not blonde with big boobs that walk around in tiny shorts or bikinis. :laugh:
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    "Nova Scotia? Where's that?"
    -"Eastern Canada"
    "Oh, it is in Ontario?"
    -"......."
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options

I'm a Masshole who relocated to NH and then relocated to Georgia.

So i'm a Masshole-Hick-Peach? Maybe... ??
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I am in the panhandle of Florida. Everyone assumes it is sunshine and palm trees. It is really just rain and alligators and spanish moss........
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    This is New England just wait a minute and the weather will change!
    When I lived in both washington and oregon this one was popular there too.
  • roch1972
    roch1972 Posts: 113 Member
    Options

While in Cabo San Lucas, Someone walked up to my husband who was wearing something that said Boston on it.. and he happens to have a serious boston accent... the guys asks him where he's from, he tells them Boston, and then the guy yells to his group of friends " Hey NOT EVERYONE FROM BOSTON IS AN A-HOLE"..

That's pretty funny actually! When I tell people I live in MA they say "You don't sound like your from Massachusetts" just because I don't say 'Pak the Ca.'
  • charmander89
    charmander89 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm from Nova Scotia and my fiance is from Massachusetts (we basically live just across the water from eachother), so when I've gone to visit I've heard

"Do you use British currency there?"
    "Do you drive on the other side of the road?"
    "Is it snowing there now?"
    "Is there really just one road in Canada"

I am also constantly being told I say oot and aboot, and eh. I just avoid the whole "I'm from Canada" part now :/
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    People seem very elitist against Texas. It's great, if you don't mind swimming around everywhere - humidity at 100%, temps at 104°

:glasses:
  • NamibianRose
    NamibianRose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    When I tell people I'm from Alabama they say, "there aren't any black people there is there?"

Really people?????

I've never heard that one!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'm from the LBC, and NO, I don't know Snoop Dogg.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    This is New England just wait a minute and the weather will change!
    When I lived in both washington and oregon this one was popular there too.

I'm pretty sure this is popular everywhere. Heard it in Alabama and Oklahoma as well.
  • roch1972
    roch1972 Posts: 113 Member
    Options

Hahaha. You should have at least limited that one to Southern Cali where LA is. :)

I'm in Northern California, near San Francisco. No, I am not gay, I don't surf, and no it is not always sunny. & No, all the girls are not blonde with big boobs that walk around in tiny shorts or bikinis. :laugh:

Actually she does live in Southern CA so maybe I wasn't so off base.. lol
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Kentucky

Kentucky Fried Chicken-- Popeye's was better (when I actually ate fried chicken)
    Fast horses and faster women --- I don't know don't sleep with women
    No black people up here --- (see profile picture)
    Lot's of Racist people --- Not so many here in this city unless it's hidden.. then I don't know...no one bother's me...
  • jessimacar
    jessimacar Posts: 291
    Options
    First, I'm from Canada.. It never ends.

Second, I grew up in a city near Toronto called Oshawa, which has the moniker "The dirty 'Shwa." The south side of Oshawa is slightly scary, the north side is a gorgeous city! It's irritating when people making judgements about the whole city based on a few (really) bad areas.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    When I tell people I'm from Alabama they say, "there aren't any black people there is there?"

Really people?????

I've never heard that one!

Oh yeah! I had one person ask me "aren't there only black people in Birmingham, Alabama but no where else?"

I mean seriously?? Do people think Alabamians are so racist we exhile all the non-white people to Birmingham??? Come on now...
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    As soon as someone finds out I'm from Alabama I get bombarded with Forrest Gump jokes & one-liners. Very, very original, folks ;)

Also... I now live in a city called Tuscaloosa. It's often referred to as T-Town. That's just not very interesting and bordering on annoying whenever I hear or read it.

ETA: Regarding the Gump jokes... I guess it's irresistible since I'm Jennie & from AL. Just gets so f'ing old.
  • live2runnj
    live2runnj Posts: 157
    Options
    ...have you ever been to Seaside and seen the "Jersey Shore" house?