What were you like in High School???

Options

Replies

• teacheatsleep
    teacheatsleep Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was involved in quite a few things: Dance team, Marching Band, Varsity Band, Varsity Choir, but I was super quiet and actually felt invisible. Luckily, it completely changed in college.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    BAND GEEK and social butterfly. I hung out with EVERY ONE. I also played flute and trombone in marching band.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Quiet band/flag dork who rarely smiled. :laugh: Last year and a half I was the really skinny yet still quiet girl. Part of highschool I was referred to as 'goth' or whatever labels they associated me with. I was even known as being into girls at one point. haha. (I'm not.)

I still miss those days though. :) Lot of fun on flag trips, games, and competition.

This is a pretty funny one I did not know was being taken:
    ran3lu.jpg

35l5hfa.jpg
    Flag competition. I'm the first one. :P The skirts were just a prop that came off quickly. Was supposed to be a salsa themed song...never understood the horrible colors they picked.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Band geek, science nerd, and runner
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I was one of those girls in high school that everyone liked, but no one really knew. I was shy. I was nice to everyone. I didn't belong to one clique, just hung out with a little bit of everyone. I was invited to all the parties, but went to few. I was CLOSE with very few people, but those i was close with, I still am today. I was athletic, smart, nice, skinny, and kind of a teacher's pet. I was definitely a goodie-goodie, as i didn't have my first kiss till 17, and never even had a drink until college. I was in band, choir, flag corps, volleyball, softball, basketball, and on the yearbook staff. Guess that's me...
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Honor graduate, in showchoir, popular because I was in so many activities, and dated the popular "bad boy".
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I was 90 pounds soaking wet and thought I was fat, which looking back, is the most ridiculous thing in the world. I was very emotionally immature and didn't know how to cope with anything. I thought everything was the end of the world and didn't have a clue who I was. I thought food was the only way to control my life and that I would be more accepted if I was skinny. XD I've come a looooooonnnggggggg way since then! Looking back on my high school years makes me cringe.
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    I was awesome. I went to high school in the 80s so I fondly remember layering my socks, shoulder pads, multi colored frosty eyeshadow and super big hair that i got to stand up so high with the help of a blow dryer and aqua net!

I remember thinking I was rocking but when I look back at pictures (I can't figure out how to post them) I realize it was a bit ridiculous.

I was in great shape and thought nothing of it.

The good ole days.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I was a music geek...sang first soprano (still do) and every waking moment I was in the music room pouring myself into my music.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I was in the popular crowd- but know for fighting, I had big chola hair and the crazy eyeliner lol,Ii think they were more scared of the make up than me- I was so ghetto lol- I look NOTHING like i do now. the only thing is I was skinnier (115):grumble:
  • WiegandS
    WiegandS Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was that person who was friends with everyone, but looking back on it i was mostly a loner. I drifted between groups of people, but I never felt connected to anyone besides a few people. I'm still behave this way lol
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I was the do everything guy. Played 5 sports in high school, choir, drama, student council, volunteer coordinator, yearbook. I wasn't a band guy after my junior high years. There just wasn't enough time.

The one thing I didn't do: study! :bigsmile: I didn't fail, but I certainly didn't apply myself academically.
  • SpartanSweetie
    SpartanSweetie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was the reserved, quiet girl who everybody thought was hot... Apparently I was at the top of the "list" for hottest girls in the school.

I was on talking terms with some of the popular crowd but never wanted to hang with them cause I still found them kinda intimidating!

I got on well with my teachers (the ones that I liked) and hung out in a big group which had heaps of stereotypes; a couple of smarty pants, guitarists/rockers, my model friends, the class clowns, and the hot guys would come and go.... One of whom I'm dating now! :)
  • xSinfulUndeadx
    Options
    Pretty much the same as now. Except older and independent.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I was a badddd girl. I'm terrified my daughters will be like me :-x

I was a GOOD boy. I'm terrified my sons will be like me.

BWAHAHAH.... i was just a b!tch.
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    I went to High School that was 1/4 hispanic 1/4 jock 1/4 mormon and a 1/4 hick. I was a caucasian/vegan/atheist and hated school so I was a loner who cut class a lot.

Nothing's changed. I am still a loner and I am obviously still a caucasian/atheist but now I eat meat.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I was really insecure so I covered it up by partying hard and getting into as much trouble as possible. Made tons of friends with the "wrong crowd" got into party drugs and often cut class with my best friend (still my best friend to this day and yes we've both changed though we still like to have fun) to meet up with older boys, smoke pot, and drink Mad Dog wine, Old E, or St.Ides in the baseball dugouts.
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    totally a goth chick
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I was bullied for being ugly among other things. But I have overcome that. I think situations like that helped me come into my own.

I am thankful! I am where God wants me to be!
  • Glamorous_RN
    Glamorous_RN Posts: 204
    Options
    i was a mute