Freakin Deadlifts

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Finally did more than my weight today. 155 x 5 then the remaining 4 sets were 145 x 5. Funny thing as we were loading the weight I was saying I cant wait till I can lift more than me. Didnt think I could.

Note to self: Dont hit up bath & body prior to lifting. All that lotion really affects grip.

Great job to you and the others that have just gotten up thier body weight! There is just something about that. I go there with deads first then squats. Just so satisfying!! Great job guys!

I was so happy when I deadlifted my weight. I actually had to add some little baby weights on the end so I could say I did it. I've added some more weight on the bar and lost some from me, so I am currently about 15lb above, but the body weight lift just seemed more satisfying. Squatting my bodyweight and dead of 200lb are my next milestones.
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Finally did more than my weight today. 155 x 5 then the remaining 4 sets were 145 x 5. Funny thing as we were loading the weight I was saying I cant wait till I can lift more than me. Didnt think I could.

Note to self: Dont hit up bath & body prior to lifting. All that lotion really affects grip.

Great job to you and the others that have just gotten up thier body weight! There is just something about that. I go there with deads first then squats. Just so satisfying!! Great job guys!

I was so happy when I deadlifted my weight. I actually had to add some little baby weights on the end so I could say I did it. I've added some more weight on the bar and lost some from me, so I am currently about 15lb above, but the body weight lift just seemed more satisfying. Squatting my bodyweight and dead of 200lb are my next milestones.

Nice.... Mine is to Squat 2x my BW (close to it now, about 35 away) and DL 3x my BW (that will be about 600, so i got abit to go on that)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Nice.... Mine is to Squat 2x my BW (close to it now, about 35 away) and DL 3x my BW (that will be about 600, so i got abit to go on that)

I wanna be just like you when I grow up! :laugh:
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Deadlift day again and we all know how much I love deadlifts. Well 145 5x3 135 5*2. I have to say that I'm not a fan of the hexagon plates.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Deadlift day again and we all know how much I love deadlifts. Well 145 5x3 135 5*2. I have to say that I'm not a fan of the hexagon plates.

No kidding... I use to think hex plates looked so cool and then I got to use a set and had to DL for 3 reps, what a pain in the *kitten*; hex plates should be outlawed.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options

No kidding... I use to think hex plates looked so cool and then I got to use a set and had to DL for 3 reps, what a pain in the *kitten*; hex plates should be outlawed.

I don't think I've ever seen them, at least your bar won't roll away I guess...
  • scriehl
    scriehl Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good for you! One of my fav's.
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I don't even care of it has any physical benefits. Just feeling like a bad motherfcker is benefit enough. Anything else is just a bonus.

BAD *kitten*.!!! hahaha good **** my dude,
  • b1g_tun4
    b1g_tun4 Posts: 48
    Options
    I actually was messing around with the deadlift for the first time last leg day. I guess after reading this thread I am going to work on it. On your leg day...what do you do first? DL, Squats, Lunges?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I don't do a split so every workout starts with squats. Then I alternate bench and bentover barbell rows with overhead press and deadlifts in that order.
  • TR56
    TR56 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My favorite day of the week!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Good progress, everyone.

I can't wait til tomorrow!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Used hex plates ones. Most retarded idea ever. They do actually roll away because if they don't land perfectly on a flat bit they want to move to the next one.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I actually was messing around with the deadlift for the first time last leg day. I guess after reading this thread I am going to work on it. On your leg day...what do you do first? DL, Squats, Lunges?

There are many different schools of thought on this. If strength then do your compound movement first. If bodybuilding try doing it last. Of course then there's everything else in-between.
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    1x5 255 today felt good. only been doing them for 3 months (5'7" 155lb) Im looking for 300!!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options

I generally don't squat & deadlift on the same day. If I was I always squat first as I find it warms up the hips the best for me. Also, deadlifts use a lot of lower back so it if it already pretty flogged, going and squatting heavy afterwards is asking for trouble IMO.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Deadlift day - ended out at 455x2, and 2 attempts at 500. Got it to my knees and stalled out.

But a good lift nonetheless - I'll get that 500 one of these days!
  • ChrisGoldn
    Options

I generally don't squat & deadlift on the same day. If I was I always squat first as I find it warms up the hips the best for me. Also, deadlifts use a lot of lower back so it if it already pretty flogged, going and squatting heavy afterwards is asking for trouble IMO.

I agree.

Stronglifts such as what seems like mmpags is doing advocates squats to always be first in the workout as well
  • ChrisGoldn
    Options
    Deadlift day - ended out at 455x2, and 2 attempts at 500. Got it to my knees and stalled out.

But a good lift nonetheless - I'll get that 500 one of these days!

nice work man.
  • b1g_tun4
    b1g_tun4 Posts: 48
    Options

That makes sense. Thanks