Freakin Deadlifts

Options
sjohnny
sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
Are awesome! Even though I'm still at a light weight (175) I feel like an animal when I get done. I started Stronglifts about six weeks ago after having not lifted in almost 20 years. I had never done Deadlifts before because I was scared of hurting my back. I never knew what I was missing.

That is all.

Replies

• GhostPack
    GhostPack Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I love'em too.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    My favorite!!

Did 155 pounds today. Not bad for a 4'11" 120 pounds lady
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    yay deadlifts! I've only been lifting anything but kids for 4 months, and deadlifts have been really slow because I have a back injury. However, I pr'd at 125 last week, beating my previous max by 30#!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    yeah buddy!
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I also have back issues (herniated a disc lifting a piano about 9 years ago and then reinjured it about two years ago) so I was very tentative starting out. I've been very cognizant of my form and so far haven't had any back issues at all.
  • peacheznlace
    peacheznlace Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree it's an awesome exercise. You guys are giving me so much motivation to get up to your weights! I just recently started incorporating deadlifts into my routine though so am starting off lighter to ease myself into it.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    my favorite lift, and my best too
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    2nd fav lift after bench.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I don't even care of it has any physical benefits. Just feeling like a bad motherfcker is benefit enough. Anything else is just a bonus.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I don't even care of it has any physical benefits. Just feeling like a bad motherfcker is benefit enough. Anything else is just a bonus.

it is definitely THE bad motherfcker lift!
  • GhostPack
    GhostPack Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I also have back issues (herniated a disc lifting a piano about 9 years ago and then reinjured it abou two years ago) so I was very tentative starting out. I've been very congnisent of my form and so far haven't had any back issues at all.
    I hadn't done deadlift for over 10 years due to the same issue, L7 S1, I went to a new gym that is not mainstream at all. The guy running the place put me back on deadlifts the first week. My back has been waaaaay better keeping them in the rotation.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I also have back issues (herniated a disc lifting a piano about 9 years ago and then reinjured it abou two years ago) so I was very tentative starting out. I've been very congnisent of my form and so far haven't had any back issues at all.
    I hadn't done deadlift for over 10 years due to the same issue, L7 S1, I went to a new gym that is not mainstream at all. The guy running the place put me back on deadlifts the first week. My back has been waaaaay better keeping them in the rotation.

I feel the same way. I just make sure my form is good and do a few of the exercises I did for PT when I first hurt it and I'm sure it's a lot healthier than it was two months ago.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Love deadlifts!! They make me feel awesome!

Got a PR of 187 the other week :D
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Dead lifts are my favorite exercise, squats is a close second. But dead lifts take the crown because I feel like a primal beast during, and afterwards my whole body has this amazing calmness to it. My PR is 350lbs(160Kg)
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Dead lifts are my favorite exercise, squats is a close second. But dead lifts take the crown because I feel like a primal beast during, and afterwards my whole body has this amazing calmness to it. My PR is 350lbs(160Kg)

I get the primal beast thing and I'm only halfway to where you are. I'm not getting the calmness though. I get so freakin jacked I can't quit shaking for about 15 minutes. And I talk really fast and annoy the shlt out of my wife.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

it is definitely THE bad motherfcker lift!

Love 'em! Up to 255 after 4 months of SL 5x5. Yeah, they bad!
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    My muscles are buzzing like a mild electric current is going through them for about 15mis, then 30-45 mins later my body feels relaxed and amazing.
  • Saramclark2010
    Saramclark2010 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree! I love deadlifts. I feel so strong when I'm finished
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    2nd fav lift after bench.

No comment, just have to say to Laces_Out, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your profile picture! I had the same one on my Facebook profile for a couple of years. Still miss it!!!!!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Yup, deadlifts rule. For whatever reason I like squats best though.