30 Day Shred Challenge

Options
In trying to make my weight loss goals, i will be doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred starting tomorrow Wednesday 23 September to thursday 22 October. Who's with me?
Please post here with me each day
1. the level(s) and number of times/ day that you did it
2. starting weight of the week
3. amount of weight lost every wednesday & weekly ending weight.

Good luck to everyone and enjoy losing your weight.

Replies

• SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Hi! I just started the 30 day shred yesterday -- VERY sore today....:sad: BUT -- I will be doing it again today!! I signed up at Jillian Michaels website (a 10 week fall challenge) so I need this to kick me in the tail and get me going! So...yesterday I started level one. I'll be happy to join you here with the 30 day shred -- as you suggested -- I will report in each day after I do the shred and will post which level I did (which will be level one for quite awhile...ouch)...and I'll post my weekly weigh-ins. Today I'm at 188.4.

Good luck to you!! :wink:
  • i_am_gunz
    Options
    thank you for joing up, try to do level 1 for 9 more days and then go to level 2 for 10 days and then 3 for ten days (of course if you can, don't want you to hurt yourself.) look forward to seeing good results, if there is any questions that you might have please let me know. Good Luck
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'd like to join in but I don't have the DVD yet! I am waiting for it. :P
  • sabes2631
    Options
    I am in.
    I have been wanting to have a group to be accountable to.
    I am also training for a marathon so I may only hit the shred for 4 times a week.
    But I will check in....

Thanks!
  • vanillagirl18
    Options
    I"m joining this challenge.

Altough, I'm not posting my weight...sorry. I don't even like seeing it!
    I've gained 50 lbs in 3 years...not pretty.

Tomorrow is the start day? On my birthday..what a better way than to celebrate starting a new me.

I'm going add the shred into my daily workout routine at the local Y
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    Oh, I'm in.. I found Jullian "On Demand" for free last week. I have been doing her "Zone the trouble areas".. Kicks my butt.... I will start tomorrow with the 30 day shed... Thanks for all push
  • i_am_gunz
    Options
    glad to see the enthusaism, I am looking forward to seeing all the good results, good luck to all of you and thank you for participating.
  • flipflopgirl72
    Options
    i have been doing this for about 2 weeks, on level 2 now, it gets easier, just hang in there!!!!

where did you find the demand dvd for free last week, inquiring minds want to know, lol!!!!!!!!
  • gunswife
    Options
    Jillian Michaels and other workouts are on demand. Check with your local cable network and ask about Free on Demand. Or you can check your local guide.
  • i_am_gunz
    Options
    it does get easier as you go day by day. as for those of you with free on demand on Bright house network in FL, i think the channel is 325 exeod the channel is called.
  • i_am_gunz
    Options
    To enter the 30 Day Shread into the Exersice diary, i would suggest putting it under calisthenics under vigorous effort.
  • cwvanek
    cwvanek Posts: 111
    Options
    I'll join :) I started off this week at 162. I found the 30 day shred on demand and started it today. For some reason, level one isn't on there so I started on level 2 (yikes!). I was able to finish but I am EXHAUSTED. Hoping to see results by next Wednesday!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I will join I need something to do on the days I am not doing the C25K
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    To enter the 30 Day Shread into the Exersice diary, i would suggest putting it under calisthenics under vigorous effort.

I logged it as circuit training. I used a HRM to determine how much I burned and logging it as circuit training came up with the same number as calisthenics and the HRM.

I am in! I just finished doing it once for 30 days. So this will be round two.

1. Level 2 Mon-Wed-Fri
    2. starting weight 149

191371.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    i also have a HRM and it comes up with the same totals as the Circuit Training for the 30 day shred. Today was Day 2 for me -- Level One -- 188.4 lbs.

Edit: Just looked back and I see we're actually starting tomorrow so I'll do a restart tomorrow and a weigh in. Sorry!
  • i_am_gunz
    Options

or you can add it as a new exercise, it's up to you
  • i_am_gunz
    Options
    i also have a HRM and it comes up with the same totals as the Circuit Training for the 30 day shred. Today was Day 2 for me -- Level One -- 188.4 lbs.

Edit: Just looked back and I see we're actually starting tomorrow so I'll do a restart tomorrow and a weigh in. Sorry!

not a problem, have fun, don't forget to stretch
  • i_am_gunz
    Options

I logged it as circuit training. I used a HRM to determine how much I burned and logging it as circuit training came up with the same number as calisthenics and the HRM.

that is great, this will be round 3 for me, took a few months off, but i'll be fine (i hope lol)
  • i_am_gunz
    Options

that is great, this will be round 3 for me, took a few months off, but i'll be fine (i hope lol)
  • i_am_gunz
    Options
    "Tue 09/22/09 07:35 AM Oh, I'd like to join in but I don't have the DVD yet! I am waiting for it. :P
    Stephanie"

when you get it just start on level one and let us know, enjoy