Ladies 5'4 - 5'6, what are your goals?

Options

Replies

• LovesPrimes
    LovesPrimes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4.5". In the past, I looked great at 143 but I am currently shooting for 149 and will see how that feels/looks and if I can maintain it. I am also more interested in being healthy and being here for my kids as long as I can. Getting back to a size 10/12 would just be the icing on the proverbial cake!
  • marvelousmeg422
    marvelousmeg422 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6-5'7 and my goals are:
    Fit into single digit JEANS.
    Lose another twenty pounds at least. I'd like to be in the 140's.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, 34yo and aiming at 145-150lbs healthy and fit :)
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    5'6", when I was younger, I felt good at about 140. Gained weight in Iraq & never lost it, then another 10 lbs from pregnancy -- up to 165. I'm now back down to 145 (and dropping), but my body fat percentage is too high, so I'm focusing more on that than weight right now. Once I get the body fat percentage down to a reasonable range, I'll see how I feel. Not really sure what my end goal is!!

I think you may be my body double!? haha I'm primarily focused on my BF% too. I have one of those digital scale that tells me weight, bf% water% muscle mass% and bone density % and even tho my weight is dropping I haven't seen the BF% moving very much.... I want to get to 18%. Or at least 20%. I think 130lbs will get me there but I'm not sure.

You?
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I m 5'6" my goal is to EAT CAKE! Just kidding, I need to build muscle, get the definition in my arms, and thighs. Those are my 2 problem areas. I have recently decided to start a cleaner diet, I usually come in around my calorie goal, and I am at a healthy weight, just need that muscle tone. Not body builder style just nice. Ya feel me?

Haha! Cake, I wish :/ And I totally get you about the body builder style - I've been doing A LOT of weight lifting, so my arms are looking really toned, but I'm worried that the rate of arm toning is going faster than ab toning! Hopefully I DON'T turn out like a bodybuilder...

Abs always takes the longest for girls anyway or in my case it's the thighs! HORRIBLE THIGHS!
    Yes me too! Aweful horrible thunder thighs! With saddle bags! Blah!
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    5'6", when I was younger, I felt good at about 140. Gained weight in Iraq & never lost it, then another 10 lbs from pregnancy -- up to 165. I'm now back down to 145 (and dropping), but my body fat percentage is too high, so I'm focusing more on that than weight right now. Once I get the body fat percentage down to a reasonable range, I'll see how I feel. Not really sure what my end goal is!!

I think you may be my body double!? haha I'm primarily focused on my BF% too. I have one of those digital scale that tells me weight, bf% water% muscle mass% and bone density % and even tho my weight is dropping I haven't seen the BF% moving very much.... I want to get to 18%. Or at least 20%. I think 130lbs will get me there but I'm not sure.

You?
    I have always assumed I had a lot of muscle, because I've always been strong -- like Monica-on-Friends freakishly strong. But we have a bod-pod at work, which is supposed to be the second-most-accurate method of measuring actual body fat percentage (a close second to water immersion)...and it showed me at 34%. 34%!!! And I'm not even that overweight!!! That freaked me out. So I'm aiming for 25%, which is supposed to be the upper limits of healthy. Once I get there, I'll see if I think I've got room to realistically/healthily/happily get to 20%. I don't want to start out with 20% as the goal, because at my height & weight, I'm not sure what losing 14% body fat means for me.
  • joslin2005
    joslin2005 Posts: 138
    Options
    5'4 and goal weight is somewhere around 150.... This may change when I reach my goal but for now, that is what I am aiming for.
  • cjcjcjcjcj
    cjcjcjcjcj Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm 5'4 at 149 lbs and my goal is 125 lbs! I will get there no matter how long it takes!
  • Sazybel
    Sazybel Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently 150lbs. Aiming for 112 - 120 but most importantly to get toned
  • VintagElana
    VintagElana Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    5'6" and 143lbs... my goal is to be a toned 125. Hope to be there within 3 months!
  • xhereinmyheadx
    xhereinmyheadx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and weigh 136 right now. My goal is around 110, maybe lower. We'll see how I feel then.
  • cara4fit
    cara4fit Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Just under 5'5"(with small bone structure) - aiming for between 110-112 and a really flat, defined tummy. 118 now(already dropped a pound since last week).
  • mckellipgirl
    mckellipgirl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" (ok ok 5' 5 3/4" inches) and right now my calculations say 160. Nutritionist says that may change a little lower as I lose but not way too much.
  • xhereinmyheadx
    Options
    Whoops, ignore this. Tried to delete.
  • xhereinmyheadx
    Options
    I'm 5'4" (well, almost) and started March 1st at 220lbs. I am now down to 194lbs and still losing. My first goal was to get under 200 (done), my next goal is 175lbs and go from there. I am now able to wear my size 12 jeans (snug) at 175lbs I wear a size 10. The smallest I have been has been a size 7/8 at 155lbs (still considered overweight by charts though) and people said I looked sick and too thin. However to be 155lbs I was pretty much killing myself (exercising 3+hrs a day, not eating right, purging, etc) so guess that is why I looked "sick".

Wow. I'm 5'4" and I had to weigh 140 before my size 12s were lose on me! I can barely fit into a 10 now, and I'm 136.

I guess people really DO carry their weight differently. I think for me, I have HUGE hips, and tend to carry the weight I have in my stomach. So, pants will fit everywhere else, except up on top near my hips and stomach.

I'm starting to wonder if I'd even be capable of a size zero, lol.
  • melann1974
    melann1974 Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm 5'4" (well, almost) and started March 1st at 220lbs. I am now down to 194lbs and still losing. My first goal was to get under 200 (done), my next goal is 175lbs and go from there. I am now able to wear my size 12 jeans (snug) at 175lbs I wear a size 10. The smallest I have been has been a size 7/8 at 155lbs (still considered overweight by charts though) and people said I looked sick and too thin. However to be 155lbs I was pretty much killing myself (exercising 3+hrs a day, not eating right, purging, etc) so guess that is why I looked "sick".

Wow. I'm 5'4" and I had to weigh 140 before my size 12s were lose on me! I can barely fit into a 10 now, and I'm 136.

I guess people really DO carry their weight differently. I think for me, I have HUGE hips, and tend to carry the weight I have in my stomach. So, pants will fit everywhere else, except up on top near my hips and stomach.

I'm starting to wonder if I'd even be capable of a size zero, lol.

I have huge boobs (36DD) and thick thighs... I always have to get bigger size in bottoms to fit my butt and thighs and are too big in my waist, I also have to buy larger tops than bottoms (and are always too big in the shoulders). If I knew how to post pics, I could post some old pics of the body I want back.
  • misty5976
    misty5976 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Im 36 years old ... 5'4 and weigh around 195... and my goal is to be about 145. I was 130 in high school - and was always told I looked sick-skinny - not healthy-skinny. I was around 150 when I got married almost 11 years ago - and I felt GREAT about myself - had confidence - felt healthy and fit - and I just "felt" good - had energy and motivation to DO things. I'd like to hit 145 though just so I can SAY im smaller than when I got married :) lol!

Im starting a new 30DS today. I did one back in October-Nov-Dec and had GREAT results (12lbs down - but SO MANY INCHES that i felt like a different person)... but I hit some health road blocks that made exercise impossible. (i have severe endo and ovarian cysts that are life-interrupting with the level of pain some days - makes it hard to exercise when your stomach feels like it's being split open :( ). Im still not all better - but being treated for it and but I am determined not to lose my motivation and to keep striving for HEALTHY even when I cant focus on LOSS.

I've been kind of "come and go" around here through my health struggles ... but ive realized even if i cant be my goal weight RIGHT NOW ... I can still work on ME, mentally, and the inside parts like eating healthier, lowering cholesterol ... and hopefully NOT being "diabetic" as my drs see that diagnosis in my near future. I want to prove them wrong - and take care of ME for a while. :)
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal is 130 however if I can get in the 120's that would be great too!
  • DreamSM85
    DreamSM85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my ideal goal weight would be 126lbs! I'm currently 128lbs...only two lbs away but the scale doesn't want to move for me lol. I'm happy at 128 but it would be amazing to reach this goal! Good luck to everyone. Keep up the awesome job all of you are doing!
  • lynlen
    lynlen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5 my goal is to be around 120-125 but mainly I just want to look good in the clothes I wear